It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A direct attack against We The People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: underwerks

Wearing a yellow star didn't hurt anyone, right?
It was a minor inconvenience for the safety of everyone.
Before you know the government will be demanding everyone is forcibly exposed to diseases to "build immunity".
But they already do that with vaccinations.

Wow, a yellow star.

Unf'ing real, you poor victims

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Brotherman

Its ok if your kid pee's in the pool cause the other guys kids are protected by bathing suits.

Did you actually just compare breathing to urinating?

I'm... speechless...

TheRedneck

Calm down bro I was just making a bit of a joke

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

So, out of curiosity, does the virtue signal call in Virtueman directly to you or does it function more like a turn indicator light, informing those around you you're about to turn towards virtue?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Comparing a yellow star to wearing a mask..right.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Why didn't that city council limit attendance if they were so concerned about people?

Good question. Maybe they thought everyone would recognize the issue and wear masks while voicing their opinions.

Why didn't that city council hold an online meeting allowing the public to speak if they were so concerned about people?

That would have been an awesome idea

Why didn't that city council hold the meeting at an alternate venue if they were so concerned about people?

I don't know. Maybe they thought people would at least attempt to be civilized and talk about the issues.

Because they didn't want to listen to the people,

what? Did the people want to be heard and respected for their opinions reflecting facts and science and reality?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Wait, what?!?!

You believe there’s a virus out there and it’s sooper deadly and we need to use masks and social distancing to protect ourselves from a 99.96% survival rate?

Save some kool aid for the other morons

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Wait, what?!?!

You believe there’s a virus out there and it’s sooper deadly and we need to use masks and social distancing to protect ourselves from a 99.96% survival rate?

Save some kool aid for the other morons

Wow! So, in Ghana things are no-worries?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

It would be one thing if the anti-mask people were only putting themselves in danger but that is not the case here.

They have no right to do public harm (i.e. spreading infection in the community). Therein lies the difference.

Arson is a crime because it hurts the community at large. Going without a mask hurts the community at large.

Just because people are ignorant of the facts is no excuse for trampling the rights of others.

Dude... breathe!

No one has a right to not catch a cold. If there are any rights being broken here, it is those like me who have difficulty using a face mask being prevented from buying supplies. Sounds to me you might want to look up what a "right" actually is before you start crying about having rights which are not rights.

You have a right to not go into areas where you are concerned about getting sick. You do not have a right to force me to try and breathe through a face mask because you're skeered.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

No one has the authority to make me wear a mask or vaccinate
or get chipped or take some damn mark.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: American-philosopher

It would be one thing if the anti-mask people were only putting themselves in danger but that is not the case here.

They have no right to do public harm (i.e. spreading infection in the community). Therein lies the difference.

Arson is a crime because it hurts the community at large. Going without a mask hurts the community at large.

Just because people are ignorant of the facts is no excuse for trampling the rights of others.

Wearing masks is not about keeping the wearer safe, it's about keeping everyone around the wearer safe. If everyone wears a mask in public and at work and at parties, the infection rates would plummet.

“What you want is 100 percent of people to wear masks, but you’ll settle for 80 percent,” said Rutherford. In one simulation, researchers predicted that 80 percent of the population wearing masks would do more to reduce COVID-19 spread than a strict lockdown.

The latest forecast from the Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation suggests that 33,000 deaths could be avoided by October 1 if 95 percent of people wore masks in public.

Even if you live in a community where few people wear masks, you would still reduce your own chances of catching the virus by wearing one, said Chin-Hong and Rutherford.

From University of California San Francisco, a medical sciences only university so few know of it.

www.ucsf.edu...

You want healthy human beings with zero symptoms to strap a mask over their mouth and nose. Got it. Can you prove that one single No-masker is spreading anything? Putting the public at harm, what nonsense. Just another invisible enemy like after 911. If this were an actual pandemic we would all be seeing the evidence all around us and the need to LIE, LIE, LIE about everything related to it would be non-existent. How do you reconcile what those 5 Governors did, ordering infected elderly into Nursing homes and making it illegal for them to refuse to take them in? Why would they knowingly kill elderly? These same people are giving you your orders while you thank them kindly.

Why does someone who dies in a motorcycle accident get reported as a Covid death? Why are agencies throughout Florida getting caught with ridiculously exaggerated numbers, Orlando Health, for example, reported 98% Positive and got caught with an actual 9% Positive(10 times less)? This all started with a 14 day lockdown to flatten the curve, we now are over 120 days and people like you continue to not only enslave yourself, you demand that everyone else enslaves themselves and their families also.

I have no problem with anyone wearing a mask for themselves by the way. I have not put a mask on yet and if it becomes unavoidable I will rock a full hazmat suit with gas mask to every store I visit. Hopefully I will instill some real fear into the brainwashed masses who think that a Hanes cloth mask is doing any thing besides restricted oxygen to their brain and body. 3 months ago the WHO, CDC, Dr. Fauci, and the US Surgeon General ALL said that masks do not work, did you believe them then?

I am eager to see how the police choose to/ not to get involved enforcing all of this draconian tyranny now that we have Defund the Police raging throughout our country. I do not support the movement by any means, however it does take on a new light. Looking back to the lockdowns when ordinary citizens where just trying to make a living were being arrested and harassed daily changes the frame.

Fun fact: Oxygen is life, it is energy. We are taught to breathe shallow from our mouths, this also restricts oxygen and keeps us from fully developing our physical and energy bodies. We are best by breathing deeply down into our belly thru the nose, research Wim Hoff Breathing, Qi-Gong, The Oxygen Advantage for more. The CCP have a history of targeting Qi Gong practitioners(Fulan Gong recently) for their organs. These practitioners breathe deep and move that energy throughout their entire bodies strengthening them. The masks are to silence your voice and weaken your body.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I don’t have a problem with conservatives killing themselves off by not wearing masks. But they are putting other American lives at risk.

We do NOT have the freedom in this country to murder. It’s been that way for a while. Masks are a health and safety issue and entirely constitutional.

In addition, these entitled idiots are certainly not setting a good example and they are making their God look like an incompetent idiot with no empathy.

If I was their God, I would be ashamed of them and maybe a bit pissed.

But yeah, good response.
edit on 18pmSat, 18 Jul 2020 18:31:43 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to: RenegadeOfTheLight

Sorry friend, you are wrong on so many levels. This virus is easily proven to exist. I have a friend who was a nurse and she has endless terrifying stories to tell.

Studies show that places with mask mandates reduce virus transmission by around 50%. It doesn’t matter if it is still possible to get sick with masks. What matters is how many get sick.

I was using data modeling software, and places with zero social distancing and open schools will see 90% of their population infected by the end of the school year.

Look, if you want to go to war with science, be my guest, but I guarantee you are going to lose.

Unlike religion, science exists whether you believe in it or not. Going against it will just get you, your family and friends killed in this case. Knock yourself out.
edit on 18pmSat, 18 Jul 2020 18:42:28 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 18pmSat, 18 Jul 2020 18:43:04 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So the thread was hijacked by a well known leftist ATS troll, complete with the "superior" know-it-all word play as he/she gets a flood of stars and then bails. Sounds about right.

edit on 18-7-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I love how many people all of a sudden have difficulty wearing a face mask.
aahahahahaha

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Some people really do need to take a step back and reflect on things.

I understand why some Americans are literally prepared to take up arms to protect their sacred Constitution and things like The Second Amendment.
I might not agree with some of the specifics, but I get it and I respect it.

As for masks?
I've got to say that I personally absolutely hate being told to do anything....and I mean anything.
I'm not too sure about the science surrounding wearing a mask preventing the spread of this virus.
It might work, it might not.

But you know something, I'm going to wear one as requested.
It's no real hardship is it, its not a major inconvenience.
It's not going to prevent me from doing anything I want to do.
Sure, I might look like a bit of a dick but that's it really.

And you know something else, it just might help contribute to reducing the spread of this virus and possibly stop me from getting it.

It's hardly on a par with taking away your guns now, is it?

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

OK, stop with the religious science talk. It's becoming sickening more than the virus. It's patently obvious you wouldn't know a scientific theory if it was used to slap you across the face.

There has been no study whatsoever done to verify the effectiveness of a properly fitted surgical mask, much less one that is not properly fitted or a makeshift mask. None. Zero. Neither you nor anyone else can legitimately make any scientific claim as to mask effectiveness. You want to make such a claim? Go run an actual study... that is different that just looking up opinions on the internet that agree with what you think, by the way.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I wear a mask all day. My state just mandated it, as a matter of fact. Still doesn't negate the fact that it's ridiculous. For some reason, it's the brainwashed "left" that keeps virtue signalling against scientific facts. SCIENCE (the thing these people keep parroting, as some new moral religion we must follow at ALL times) actually disputes the claim that masks do anything to help.

In fact, cloth masks can actually MAKE someone sick , or even Re-used disposable ones that we all know people are re-using. ( bacteria is amazing!)Forget the FACT that 99% of these masks do nothing at all against this virus.

The whole world needs to wake up at look and how stupid they are actually being.

ETA- I also forgot to mention the fact, that masks restrict breathing. After a full day of forced mask wearing, I'm out of breath and totally lethargic all the time. I have an early onset of COPD so that can't be good. Can it? But fake science and social media etc! Better to virtue signal then face reality!
edit on 18-7-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

The virus is political?

Who knew.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Mr. Redneck,
I’m getting my second degree these days in data analytics. And I already have a psychology degree with math, physics, and computer science minors. How educated are you?

I can find the study if you like. It shows places with mandatory masks reduce virus spread by 50%.

You are the type who would declare wearing a mask a failure if there was only a 1% chance the virus got through. It is not smart decision-making. I recommend you rethink your critical thinking skills. It might improve your life.

I am well-versed in the difference between scientific studies and opinion, I’m not sure if the same could be said for you. You were probably projecting.
edit on 18pmSat, 18 Jul 2020 23:07:16 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 18pmSat, 18 Jul 2020 23:14:13 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Then I highly suggest you ask for a refund.

There is no data surrounding this virus that can be trusted. None. Hospitalization numbers have been corrupted by allowing anyone who tests positive for the virus to be classified as a virus case, regardless of why they entered the hospital (I actually talked to a Medicare worker yesterday whop claims she went in for a TIA - a "mini-stroke" - and tested positive. She was then held overnight and sent home, and her case was reported as a hospitalization due to COVID-19). Deaths are handled the same way, only worse... tests are not required if the patient died with any indication of respiratory illness. This has done two things: under the new emergency powers, it means the hospitals can bill for COVID-19 and be paid directly by the government... no insurance hassles or co-pays. It also means the numbers can be inflated to continue the panic.

Then there's the simple fact that recent testing of asymptomatic people is increasing, which is leading to an increased number of known virus infections, the vast majority of which are completely asymptomatic. This was expected from the start; spend more time looking for something and it's a safe bet you'll find more of it. In Florida, there have been several testing stations which were reporting 100% positive results... 100%! Turns out they were only reporting positives and withholding any information on negative testing.

All of that data is now tainted beyond repair. All of it. You can run any kind of data analysis on garbage you want to and try to make it come out as perfume, but it's still garbage.

And I am getting sick and tired of people calling their garbage "science." Especially people who should know better.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join