It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A direct attack against We The People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
The crowd forgot their rotten tomatoes, I would have pelted that jackass with slimy veggies, I hear lib cucks love their veggies

This needs to be made a thing again!

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Leadership is severely lacking in this country; there are other ways the councilman could have handled that situation if he thought it was dangerous that didn't involve acting like a narcissistic d-bag. He needs to be voted out of office; not because of his politics but because he simply can not handle the job.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You wear the mask.
a reply to: underwerks

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: American-philosopher

I get it, this is America. You can’t be forced to give a crap about other human beings. If you want to maybe kill someone by refusing to do the smart thing and wear a mask, you’re free to do that.

What you don’t do, is show up en masse elbow to elbow at a city council meeting yelling and breathing on each other during a pandemic. If these people were only hurting themselves by being idiots, I wouldn’t have a problem with it. Do you.

The issue is that they aren’t just putting themselves at risk. Their decision is putting everyone else at risk too. And on top of that they’re acting like Grade-A douchebags while they’re doing it. They act like they’re fighting for their freedom, but what they’re really doing is acting like entitled idiots. Who confuse an inconvenience with oppression.

Why didn't that city council limit attendance if they were so concerned about people? Why didn't that city council hold an online meeting allowing the public to speak if they were so concerned about people? Why didn't that city council hold the meeting at an alternate venue if they were so concerned about people? Because they didn't want to listen to the people, that's why.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Okay, I’m gonna be that guy. I think what the gentleman did was perfectly reasonable. I believe he had a valid safety concern. There were way too many people, nobody social distancing or wearing masks. I think he did the right thing in postponing to a future date.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I get it, this is America. You can’t be forced to give a crap about other human beings. If you want to maybe kill someone by refusing to do the smart thing and wear a mask, you’re free to do that.

What you don’t do, is show up en masse elbow to elbow at a city council meeting yelling and breathing on each other during a pandemic. If these people were only hurting themselves by being idiots, I wouldn’t have a problem with it. Do you.

The issue is that they aren’t just putting themselves at risk. Their decision is putting everyone else at risk too. And on top of that they’re acting like Grade-A douchebags while they’re doing it. They act like they’re fighting for their freedom, but what they’re really doing is acting like entitled idiots. Who confuse an inconvenience with oppression.

Could not have said it better.

Free Dumb!

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

If you want to maybe kill someone by refusing to do the smart thing and wear a mask, you’re free to do that.

Gaslighting and emotional blackmail by mini-tyrants. And the only damn reason it works is because people do want to do the right thing and don't want to put others in harm's way.

Anyone who is really that scared of the virus will take their own precautions, and it won't be a lousy cloth face mask for starters. At the very least, they would wear a face shield, which is both protective of the wearer and others. No need -- and sure as hell no desire -- to depend on faulty and ineffective methods when better is available.

People have an absolute right to do for themselves and by themselves. You can take whatever precautions you feel necessary and proper. I can take the precautions I feel are necessary and proper.... including letting myself be exposed and infected to gain SUPERIOR natural immunities, rather than a bogus sense of security.

Unless and until tyrants of all shapes and sizes decide to use the barrel of a gun to impose their will on others. Just to flex their tyrannical muscles. Nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

See this board, see this thread? THIS is why the Usofa are leading in the stats.

Gumbos going "YOU CANNOT STEP ON OUR .. THINGS, WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!"

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Sounds to me like the council decided the risk was too great... and went home...
Isnt that what you all keep saying? Just stay home?
Well, they cancelled the meeting and went home!! They are luckier than the poor store clerks that keep getting assaulted by wackos for just trying to enforce a company's rules so their employees dont decide it's a tad too much and go home!

By the way, fake viruses dont fill up icu units and prompt hospitals to rent refrigerated trailers to store the dead because their morgues are filled up!

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No one is saying it's a fake virus. There is a coronavirus that came out of China late last year. Its severity ranges from no symptoms whatsoever (asymptomatic) to deadly in certain specific people. Those at high risk of dying from this virus are the infirm, i.e. those with compromised immunity, and the elderly (who often have decreasing immunity). This virus initially attacks the lungs and can result in severe pneumonia due to an induced cytokine storm. It can also breach the lung-blood barrier in severe cases and infect the blood stream itself (which becomes a life-threatening situation with limited treatment options). However, 80% of people will have symptoms so mild they won't realize they even have it. The vast majority of those who do have appreciable symptoms will survive just fine. We have treatments that, while still technically experimental, have shown great effectiveness when used early on against the virus.

The virus cannot be protected against using face masks, nor is the oft-touted six foot social spacing very effective. What is effective is a strong immunity, outdoor exposure to sunlight, and personal hygiene. Infection is cumulative, meaning continued exposure to a high level of infected people, as is common in high density populations, increases the chances of having symptomatic infections. While the virus will infect those in low-density populations, the infections will typically be less severe.

As of this date, no one in the USA has been denied ICU bedspace due to lack of resources. As of this date, no one in the USA has been denied a hospital bed due to lack of resources, As of this date, no one in the USA has been denied a ventilator due to lack of resources. All of that is a great big lie. In fact, many hospitals and clinics laid off medical workers due to a lack of patients!

The backlog in handling the dead was due to a government decree against funerals, not to an excessive amount of deaths. In the heaviest-hit states, the majority of deaths were later discovered to be due directly to government decisions, like Cuomo forcing infected patients into nursing homes despite being warned that doing so would place all the residents at high risk of death.

What people are saying, and what I am saying, is that the response to this virus is completely disproportional to the facts about the virus, and that the media is actively working to promote unnecessary panic. Your attempt to twist the argument to whether or not a virus exists is not only inappropriate, but offensive and indicative of a lack of intellectual honesty as well as being more harmful than the virus itself.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Wearing a yellow star didn't hurt anyone, right?
It was a minor inconvenience for the safety of everyone.
Before you know the government will be demanding everyone is forcibly exposed to diseases to "build immunity".
But they already do that with vaccinations.
edit on 17-7-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The masks won't be helping anyone when they're all touching the same keypads at self checkouts. I guarantee that at least 90% of people aren't going to sanitize after they checkout at grocery stores. My local walmart has a single lady wiping down the keypads like once every 3 hours. It's a 100 million dollar store do the math.

But yes, a mask will save lives, I guess.
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago1508699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Overall, vaccinations weaken immunity. They serve as a boost for a short time against one specific virus, but overall they weaken the system to do so.

That's why vaccinations should never be mandatory.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Overall, vaccinations weaken immunity. They serve as a boost for a short time against one specific virus, but overall they weaken the system to do so.

That's why vaccinations should never be mandatory.

TheRedneck

I second that. Only read a paper about this the other day. Not some MSN 'news'. I had to find that one myself. Probably have a link somewhere. Anyway. Yes, vaccines mess with the natural immune system big time. More people contact and die of any virus afterwards coming along.
This is an undisputable fact.
It only works for a short while on one specific virus and even then you may be unlucky and actually contract the symptoms too.

Vaccines should be strictly voluntary. It feels like GBH [Grievous Bodily Harm]if they forced me. I know myself better than anyone and people aren't all exactly the same. My body, my say what goes into it.

By all means have vaccines for malaria and other pain in the butt diseases, which will actually save lives. Flu vaccines make you think you are safe but then again, you can still go and infect others and you can still get it and you can still get it much worse. So the mask crowd is wearing them because they care about me, but theya re probably first in line for any old 'not really tested long enough' chemical concoction to be injected into their blood stream.
I mean reading about these walking death factories that I need protection from, maybe they should stay indoors forever.
I think it would be best for all of us.

edit on 17-7-2020 by Hecate666 because: the event

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

It's a risk vs. reward thing, and thus must always be voluntary.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I was vaccinated against the typical childhood diseases that tend to cause death or disability, and so were my kids. I once actually sought out a vaccination for tetanus when I thought I might have been exposed. Nasty disease, minimal problems with the vaccine.

But when it comes to a flu shot? Nope, never had one and probably never will. My immunity is strong as nails and I don't need that little boost to avoid a day of feeling rough (that's the worst any flu has ever done to me). On the other hand, I don't want the flu shots stopped... heck, some people may feel they need them. It's a personal decision. Chances are, when and if they get a vaccine for this new bug, I won't take it either. If others want to, it's their body and their decision. Doesn't affect anyone else, so more power to 'em.

Just don't try to take away my choice.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Its ok if your kid pee's in the pool cause the other guys kids are protected by bathing suits.

None of the mask bs is ever going to work unless everyone is wearing gloves and all kinds of stupid ass things, also to curtail the spread of disease they need to ban mosquitos too.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sounds like the council has already made their decision and input from the peasantry is not required.

Go home, serfs. If we want your opinion we will just have the media tell you what it is.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
For the Mask nazi's what about the people that litterally cannot wear a mask, 2 different veterans of the Iraq and Afganistan conflicts do not have ears, ontop of the damage to their lungs form breathing flames and other assorted goodies we got exposed to over seas.

F them huh... they cant even get into the commisary without raising a stink because of mask nazis. (no efffort by either location to accomodate them till the media ran a story on it)

We have lost our ever loving minds over the mask thing, the CDC and the WHO cant even agree on what aspects of mask wearing is actually a benefit but we are just supposed to bend over and take it.

The city councilmen needs to be voted out, and I wouldnt be against pelting them with rotten vegetables, dont like the crowd inside then move your meeting outside so people can get their say, the arrogant sod.

ETA: I do choose to wear one because I figure when in doors among people I do not know it MIGHT help, but at work we have 6 people in an inclosed space workign on top of each other and the mask does sqaut there so I dont wear one.
edit on 17-7-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Its ok if your kid pee's in the pool cause the other guys kids are protected by bathing suits.

Did you actually just compare breathing to urinating?

I'm... speechless...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It would be one thing if the anti-mask people were only putting themselves in danger but that is not the case here.

They have no right to do public harm (i.e. spreading infection in the community). Therein lies the difference.

Arson is a crime because it hurts the community at large. Going without a mask hurts the community at large.

Just because people are ignorant of the facts is no excuse for trampling the rights of others.

Wearing masks is not about keeping the wearer safe, it's about keeping everyone around the wearer safe. If everyone wears a mask in public and at work and at parties, the infection rates would plummet.

“What you want is 100 percent of people to wear masks, but you’ll settle for 80 percent,” said Rutherford. In one simulation, researchers predicted that 80 percent of the population wearing masks would do more to reduce COVID-19 spread than a strict lockdown.

The latest forecast from the Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation suggests that 33,000 deaths could be avoided by October 1 if 95 percent of people wore masks in public.

Even if you live in a community where few people wear masks, you would still reduce your own chances of catching the virus by wearing one, said Chin-Hong and Rutherford.

From University of California San Francisco, a medical sciences only university so few know of it.

www.ucsf.edu...

edit on 17-7-2020 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2020 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join