It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US Rejects All Major China Claims in South China Sea .

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Election cycle, trumps beating war drums... hopefully just some posturing wanting to look tough. Last thing we need is open conflict.

a reply to: Smarties

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   

edit on 15-7-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

War with China is inevitable. Don't be fooled, China is stretched too thin and their economy is in worse shape than ours. We will win
And if we lose....oh well. Panty-fa has made this country unlivable anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

All of their gripes about the Orange Man stem from the audacity Trump has. Yet they think he has no balls.
More cognitive dissonance from the party of tolerance.
Ask Governor Walz if he thinks Trump is a pushover.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: Spacespider
Why is USA playing world police again ?
For the sake of the world please do not put China up in a corner, it will end badly for all of us.

Absolutely. If only the Brits would have let Hitler have the Sudatenland, we could have avoided WWII.........Wait.......what?......

History is your friend if you learn from it. It is your enemy if you don't.

I'm not happy about a potential confrontation, but appeasement is not the answer.

You do know this could lead to a future where your friends, family, city and the places you know will nothing but fine dust.
Yourself included... meanwhile the generals are in their bunkers slamming the red button until nothing is left.

So, let China get away with whatever it wants then?

Better learn the Chinese national anthem then.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Damn. Read the synopsis, decided to give it a shot. At first, I was really hesitant, but the ways it was corny and questionable were comedic in themselves.

Turned out to be quite good, I was surprised.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Obviously you do not have children because if you did, you would know that your children will always be your children, no matter how old they are.

You obviously don't know crap about me, don't make assumptions. I was replying to a ridiculous post with a ridiculous answer.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

My cousin was part of a P-3 Orion crew.
I'll leave it at that.

Drones are making the P-3 pretty much obsolete, that is the business I'm in and I'll leave it at that too as to just how better we have become even in the last 10 year.

Even IF and I say if the subs get close enough the chances of the missiles making it to the coast is low.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You obviously don't know crap about me, don't make assumptions. I was replying to a ridiculous post with a ridiculous answer.

And I was posting a reply to you because of your ridiculous reply about children.

If someone asks you if you have children, do you say no you don't because they are adults?

Of course not. That was my point, and why I believe you are not a parent.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

So, let China get away with whatever it wants then?

Better learn the Chinese national anthem then.

Well, who stopped the American Government when it came to Iraq and Libya, and are they paying for what is happening in Yemen? Have any of the people involved faced justice? Nope, they have not, but that's ok, because it was the West who cone those terrible things, so it does not count.

All these people on here (And there is alot) who are getting excited about a war with China. Why? Maybe they play too much call of duty , or watch too many war films. Maybe they think their militery is so great that a war in China would not effect them, so they can sit in the comfort of their homes with a box of popcorn watching it happen.

Do they care about the potential lives lost? Nah, because they don't know them, they are not real. They do not have to look at the dead bodies of innocent men, women and Children, because they do not exist.

The problem here is governments always use propaganda to turn their people against another nation, because then it will be ok to go to war with that nation, no questions asked. But they also brainwash their people to turn a blind eye to the horrors they have done.

We see this in every nation. People are easily brainwashed and conditioned. Mainly through patrioism for your country.

Remember how the Nazis turned their nation against the Jews? It was not hard for them to do, and something lime that is easily done.

People just never learn!

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I don't think China wanted to wait untill a US base popped up on one of those islands.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Some of it will be presentient I'm sure. Like the Brit version of Idiocracy.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I liked black mirror, so I was primed to appreciate this even though I could see how many would seethe at it.

As for China. I have a suspicion something will have to give with them and the west at some point. Hopefully we find a way to express leverage in an intelligent way.

Personally I think the west just needs to kick their addiction to cheap goods. If we can become more self sufficient, it will address a whole host of problems including part of the China problem. As it stands, we need them more than they need us.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

If someone asks you if you have children, do you say no you don't because they are adults?
Of course not. That was my point, and why I believe you are not a parent.

Give it a rest... the poster said "sign up your children to go die in a war".... And I pointed out it is an adult choice, is it not...

I do have two boys and I spent over 28 years in the military...

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Well, who stopped the American Government when it came to Iraq and Libya

Just like to point out that we only provided logistical support in Libya, the death and destruction in libya falls squarely on Europe.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Give it a rest... the poster said "sign up your children to go die in a war".... And I pointed out it is an adult choice, is it not...

I do have two boys and I spent over 28 years in the military...

Sorry but if it's a ww3, hour children will pretty much have no choice in the matter. Yes, young people will like to sign up because of good old patrioism, but they will never really know who they are fighting for.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Just like to point out that we only provided logistical support in Libya, the death and destruction in libya falls squarely on Europe.

Sorry, but you are WRONG

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Have the Australians invaded yet?
The kiwis?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Irishhaf

It was all about money, power and oil.

This is the problem. What it's from your own government, people will try to justify it, or not know the whole story. It's conditioning, and every country does it.
edit on 17-7-2020 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2020 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Sorry but if it's a ww3, hour children will pretty much have no choice in the matter. Yes, young people will like to sign up because of good old patrioism, but they will never really know who they are fighting for.

Don't care, wasn't my point.... When do these children grow up to understand their actions?? 35??

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join