It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage - Mississippi election commissioner complains 'the Blacks' are registering to vote

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

If you view their "hate and resentment" as a positive tool, it helps you stay focused on WINNING for traditional America.

edit on 7/7/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

If she were discussing ways to prevent blacks from registering to vote, I would be more concerned. As it is, we haven't lowered ourselves to the level of prosecuting people for 'thought crimes' ... yet. Is it racist? Maybe. I don't know her personally so I don't know.
edit on 7-7-2020 by Khaleesi because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Yeah. But

"The blacks are having lots [of] events for voter registration. People in Mississippi have to get involved, too."

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And your point? She isn't discussing ways to prevent them. Seems like she is saying she wants more people to register too. That isn't preventing blacks from registering.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Blacks are different from people?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

America took steps, one by one, to rid ourselves of this practice and prejudice. It took blood and leadership. This road is our shared journey...together. Our history is ours, intertwined together. We are Americans together.

Yep, I agree. But centuries of wounds don't heal overnight, and remanents of segregation still prevail strongly among white southern communities to this day. So to expect blacks to just pony up immediately is, well, pretty naive if you ask me.

Blacks are leaving the Democrat party (Blexit)

Sure, that's why this Mississippi election official is getting freaked out that they're registering to vote en mass.

Have you ever noticed, Trump doesn't pander to them. He talks to them and treats them no differently

Sure he does. When's he going to post that whitepower video again? I'm sure it outta make them feel right at home again.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

And your point? She isn't discussing ways to prevent them. Seems like she is saying she wants more people to register too. That isn't preventing blacks from registering.

Blacks and people? Are they different things? I had no idea.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Not in my opinion. That may make it a racist statement but it still isn't saying anything about preventing blacks from registering. As I said before, we haven't lowered ourselves to the level of thought crime... yet. She's allowed to think and say anything she chooses. And I'm allowed to disagree with her. Until she starts trying to prevent people from registering to vote, she hasn't broken any laws that I'm aware of.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   

See my reply above.

ETA. Don't put words in my mouth. People are people. End of story. I don't have to agree with what she said in order to recognize that she has a right to think and say whatever she chooses. Until she crosses the line into trying to prevent people from registering she can say whatever she wants.
edit on 7-7-2020 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Blacks and people? Are they different things? I had no idea.

Which is why i find it entertaining watching these people try and defend her racist statement. What a messed up world we live in, these people aren't dumb, they simply don't recognise black people as just people, it's so normal for them to think this way they can't see an issue with it.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   

But centuries of wounds don't heal overnight

Well, it has been much much longer than "overnight". If I asked any one of the blacks I know if they feel wounded, they would laugh.

I'm sure there is a sympathetic emotion that might arise, but they're smart cookies and busy with the same things we're all busy with. We are travelers on this journey together and we don't need a bunch of dumbass angry thugs (black and white) financed by foreign and domestic terrorist organizations stirring our lives up into a chaotic whirlwind.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Well, it has been much much longer than "overnight".

Not that much.

On June 12, 1967, the Court issued a unanimous decision in the Lovings' favor and overturned their convictions. Its decision struck down Virginia's anti-miscegenation law and ended all race-based legal restrictions on marriage in the United States.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

That's still a pretty long time ago. Only 16 states still had those antiquated laws anyway.

Anti-miscegenation laws had been in place in certain states since colonial days. In the Reconstruction Era in 1865, the Black Codes across the seven states of the lower South made intermarriage illegal. The new Republican legislatures in six states repealed the restrictive laws. By 1894, when the Democratic Party in the South returned to power, restrictions were reimposed.[5]
. en.wikipedia.org...

There again...Republicans repealed the law restricting intermarriage, but as soon as the Democratic Party got power back, they reimposed the restrictions.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

That's still a pretty long time ago. Only 16 states still had those antiquated laws anyway.

I remember what I was doing in 1967. I'm probably not alone.

Only 32% of the states. Oh. Never mind.

Pendulums tend to swing when you hold them to one side for too long. And the fact that, yes, there are indeed white supremacists, should be something that is called out, not defended. Not concealed. Particularly when they are in positions of authority.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

You may remember 1967, but the majority of blacks today aren't from that generation.

The median age of black Americans was 34 last year. More than half of blacks were Millennials (24%) and Gen Z and younger (31%), while 20% were Gen Xers and another 20% were Boomers.

www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

They don't count then, being in the minority.
My apologies.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Of course, they count. But, what I'm saying is that 1967 was a long time ago, and the majority of blacks living now weren't living then. They have never experienced any of that.

Blacks today have had the same opportunities, sometimes more (affirmative action, hiring quotas, diversity rules applied in colleges and universities, etc.), and those that took advantage of it have risen on the economic ladder of success.

There are lots of highly successful and wealthy black families today and they have never known segregation or the kind of restrictions being talked about in this thread.

The violence we are witnessing now is an orchestrated heavily funded group(s) that couldn't give two squats less about the real American black population.

edit on 7-7-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

They have never experienced any of that.
Easy for you and me to say. Isn't it?

Blacks today have had the same opportunities,
Easy for you and me to say. Isn't it?

There are lots of highly successful and wealthy black families today
"Some of my best friend are black."

The violence we are witnessing now is an orchestrated heavily funded group(s) that couldn't give two squats less about the real American black population.
I don't know who is "orchestrating" it, but it doesn't help anyone.

I think the woman in the OP thinks blacks are not the same as "people." I don't think she's alone.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
“Poor kids are just as bright as white kids”

Joe Biden (the rapist)

And what was that he once said about already having a certain type of a mayor and not needing another big shot?

He certainly thinks blacks are ‘not the same’

Thankfully he will never be President
edit on 7 7 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Libertarian POV here, and also as a Floridian where this kind of speech was not uncommon, but not malicious, either -- "the blacks" is a general description not unlike The Dems or The Repubs. In this lady's case, I immediately interpreted "the blacks" as "the Dems" based on how the majority of black voters vote in the south as it is -- Democrat.

Dollars to donuts the bird's a Republican, and is worried about the party losing ground, period.

Half the problem is people jump the gun anymore. Not every corner of the country implies with words the same meanings. Then there's people who jump on the soapbox immediately, despite knowing full well the differences in interpreting how something is conveyed. Not everything south of the Mason/Dixon is "knee-high to a grasshopper, small fry" lingo. It's actually stupidly nuanced.

Edit: That is not to say the Deep South isn't insufferably racist, some stretches of it are downright "If you ain't white, you don't belong here." I guess the best way to quantify the difference between the north and the south in terms of racism, as best I can tell being the transplant up here, is that southerners are more apt to not hide it, whereas folks up here might think you're lower than dirt, but they're still going to be polite to you.

edit on 7/7/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/7/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join