It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage - Mississippi election commissioner complains 'the Blacks' are registering to vote

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I am saying BLM/ANTIFA types are murdering Cops and burning down whole sections of some of our major Cities.

You are conflating things. Rioters and violence and protestors.
And none of those has anything to do with what this public official said.
She needs to be gone.

edit on 7/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I am saying BLM/ANTIFA types are murdering Cops and burning down whole sections of some of our major Cities.

You are conflating things. Rioters and violence and protestors.
And none of those has anything to do with what this public official said.
She needs to be gone.

No, perhaps you are? What did this one white bigot do more than expose her ignorance of what she said?

What consequences should BLM face if she faces one thing?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   

What did this one white bigot do more than expose her ignorance of what she said?
She is a public official with a clear racial bias. She has official authority.

Who exactly, is BLM? What authority does BLM have?
edit on 7/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
isnt God invisible
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Not the state with the Confederate flag on it? You have got to be kidding me!

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
So nothing as usual on the question that was posed. I asked first.

Your questions don't answer the comparison of a bigot over BLM screaming "what do we want, dead cops, when, now".

Did Silly take over your account?

originally posted by: Phage

What did this one white bigot do more than expose her ignorance of what she said?
She is a public official with a clear racial bias. She has official authority.

Who exactly, is BLM? What authority does BLM have?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

a reply to: Southern Guardian

Not a good look Ms Welch.

Can you explain why?

Complaining about blacks registering to vote? What more is there to explain? You don't see issue with this? From an elections official?

Politics. If she is a Conservative it would worry her, because there are more black Dems than black Repubs. No racism needed at all for her to make that comment. Just racist people interpreting it.

And this, ladies and gents, is why ATS is dying. Racists excusing racism.

If this was flipped and it was a Dem you'd be all over it.

It's precisely why ATS reputation has nose-dived over the last ten years. It's a far right echo chamber and most people got turned away from it years ago. I only still come here out of some kind of morbid curiosity, to watch you all collectively march off the cliff by blaming everyone but yourselves.

Make no mistake: this tweet was racist. The woman is a racist. If you disagree, you are a racist.

/thread

Inb4 some boring irrelevant tripe about Biden.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hey OP, serious question.

Where's your ####ing "outrage" over the toppling of the statue of Fredrick Douglass?

Or are you now supporting tearing down statues of critical black leaders during the reach for freedom.

Didn't see too much anger in that from the left, sh#t, haven't seen much at all to be honest.

Is he what you call an "Uncle Tom" and deserving of erradication?

Just curious.

Completely 100% irrelevant to this thread. Cult45 deflection as usual.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

And your rant about ATS was also completely irrelevant. You seem to just be one of those folks that see racism in everything anybody says or thinks that doesn't follow some hardline fanaticism seeking to divide Americans.

Now...WTH is a "black event"?

edit on 8-7-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Communism learned a long time ago you cannot give the average citizen such important power like voting.

And the average citizen today is much dumber then 30 years ago.

My co worker who came illegally 25 years ago now can vote.

He is upset he is not in his home country and out right says he votes for who ever will mess up the country worse.

Who will provide andouts and radical ideas.

He does it because he is resentful

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: fencesitter85

And your rant about ATS was also completely irrelevant. You seem to just be one of those folks that see racism in everything anybody says or thinks that doesn't follow some hardline fanaticism seeking to divide Americans.

Now...WTH is a "black event"?

- call out racist tweet for racism
- call out racists defending racism
- conclusion is that I see racism in everything

K.

As for your concerns over actions dividing Americans, I assume you're anti trump then? Good on you!

For further feedback, please refer to my comment that you replied to.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Can't be any worse than Seattle's anti white training or all the racial slurs (Karen) being thrown around

Yawn

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
As much as democrats want to make this about Republicans being racist or hating XYZ, the simple fact is REPUBLICANS hate democrats simply for being Dems.

We don't need excuses. No deeper meaning or insight beyond despising their kind because they're democrats

It's why black Republicans are held in high esteem. Just as white reps.

I do discriminate/hate - but solely based on political party to the exclusion of all other factors.

Your whiteness or blackness is irrelevant to me. Your religion is irrelevant to me. Your economic status is irrelevant to me. Whether I treat you like a dog or like a real person all depends on the letter by your name (and on your voter Reg card)

Democrats need those things to be true but they simply aren't

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

democrats want to make this about Republicans being racist or hating XYZ, the simple fact is REPUBLICANS hate democrats simply for being Dems.

We don't need excuses.

I do discriminate/hate - but solely based on political party

Thanks for saying the quiet part out loud.

As we have known.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You're welcome. I feel the need to be upfront and honest.

Democrats brought all this hate on themselves. They pumped out raw hatred and made up anger over invented issues so they should not be surprised to learn many of us hate them back

Before we hated their policies and ideology. Now it is them personally

I'll stand by that proudly. Especially for where we need to go next...of course all I can do is participate as only the President has that kind of authority and most importantly legitimacy
edit on 7/9/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Cool bro. Where can I sign up?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

MAGA2020!

One big family, paramilitary and country

And you'd be welcomed with open arms. All those who renounce the evil enemy are welcome
edit on 7/9/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00018GE
I haven’t seen anywhere what her political affiliation is. Has anyone found it? The fact that it’s not reported is suspicious.

Her Facebook page is still up. Scrolling through the list of her "liked" pages, she is clearly a Republican.

Also look her up on open secrets, she only donates to Republicans.
edit on 9-7-2020 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

Not a good look Ms Welch.

Can you explain why?

Complaining about blacks registering to vote? What more is there to explain? You don't see issue with this? From an elections official?

Politics. If she is a Conservative it would worry her, because there are more black Dems than black Repubs. No racism needed at all for her to make that comment. Just racist people interpreting it.

And this, ladies and gents, is why ATS is dying. Racists excusing racism.

If this was flipped and it was a Dem you'd be all over it.

It's precisely why ATS reputation has nose-dived over the last ten years. It's a far right echo chamber and most people got turned away from it years ago. I only still come here out of some kind of morbid curiosity, to watch you all collectively march off the cliff by blaming everyone but yourselves.

Make no mistake: this tweet was racist. The woman is a racist. If you disagree, you are a racist.

/thread

Inb4 some boring irrelevant tripe about Biden.

If you support Biden, then you are a pedophile. See how that works?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: underwerks

I just love it. Are people that afraid of minorities voting even in solidly red states like Mississippi? Makes no sense to me. Heck, I even scoff at the idea of Arizona or Texas going blue anytime soon. Rather not risk to complain about it if you're that racially inclined?

I think you don't get it because you are working from a basis that is misconstrued. Although I could be wrong, what i read that to say is that black people are registering in record numbers, and it looks like the rest of Mississippi needs to get involved.

Id suspect that she is a Republican when voting herself, and i'd suspect she issued a personal opinion on how the current registrations are going to effect the upcoming election. In other words: she sounded a partisan alarm.

Put any other race in that comment, and its far less nefarious. That said...im not sure i like the idea of an election commissioner tracking registrations and taking up calls for activism because of it. Seems like misusing her job.

Her FB page is still up, she "likes" a ton of Republican/conservative pages. Also if you search her on open secrets, she has donated to many conservatives over the years.

I agree, this seems like abuse / misuse of her job and possibly a major ethics concern.

I would like to know, who was she messaging? Or what group was she messaging? I didn't see it reported.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join