It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage - Mississippi election commissioner complains 'the Blacks' are registering to vote

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The black blacks ...

The blacks are coming, the blacks are coming.

Can’t let them blacks vote.. not those blacks. Just locker room talk

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm so angry, I may knock over a statue. 

Of Jesus. 

White Jesus or black Jesus?

I believe white jesus was an invention by a king or royalty to make jesus resemble themselves or a son.

Can't find the link to the history story.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Bluntone22

That could have been worded better.

Do you think you could word a complaint made about black people registering to vote any better?

Now so? Do we take out the racial terms then? Despite the fact this is a racially charged comment?

Color me curious.

Yeah... Instead of "blacks" she could have said "democrats".

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I was born and raised here in the south.
I don't know this women.
But I have been around a few racists people in my life. Some of them I called friend.
She does sound like them. At least to me.

But she hasn't done anything, that we know of.
Checks and balances. Whoever keeps a watch on our electors should look into her and keep an extra eye out for trouble.
And if she hasn't and never does anything then I see no problem.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Could somebody please tell me what a "black event" is.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Khaleesi
a reply to: Phage

And your point? She isn't discussing ways to prevent them. Seems like she is saying she wants more people to register too. That isn't preventing blacks from registering.

Blacks and people? Are they different things? I had no idea.

Which is why i find it entertaining watching these people try and defend her racist statement. What a messed up world we live in, these people aren't dumb, they simply don't recognise black people as just people, it's so normal for them to think this way they can't see an issue with it.

these people? YOUR A RACIST. Who are "these people"?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Sometimes all it takes is one sentence. And it was more than one sentence, it was a couple paragraphs.

Words are important and her being in the position she is in should have known better than to say something ignorant like that in this snowflake environment we are in right now.

Even her apology had to mention "white people" which was unnecessary and solidified her racism.

How is answering any of your questions going to justify her words? Lol

If you can't see that then you are naive.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Let's just say he didn't break it.

Seems people want to play the Chicken or egg game with Presidents, and I'll go along with that for the first 18 months then its all on the next guy whether the President walks into a recession or growth.

Are you sure?

Asked what provision gives the president the power to open or close state economies, Trump said: “Numerous provisions. We’ll give you a legal brief if you want.”

He has very few...we know it...

“The authority of the president of the United States having to do with the subject we’re talking about is total,” Trump said at a White House news conference on Monday. “I have the ultimate authority”

No he doesn't...we know that too...I'm sure it frustrates the crap out of him, and so would I be frustrated as Governors do stupid stuff. There are a lot of games afoot this election year, not everything you see going on around us is some sincere movement, or decisions made for the best of the people in different states.

edit on 7-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

So you would have an issue with it if she was trying to prevent black people voting not because she called them "the blacks" and that "people" should get involved. Completely alienating them from being people?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Congratulations on finding a racist white southerner. Want a cookie?

What's sad is you and other liberals here lack of participation in the threads that show racism going the other direction. Maybe one day you all will realize that's the problem the silent majority has with you all...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

So you would have an issue with it if she was trying to prevent black people voting not because she called them "the blacks" and that "people" should get involved. Completely alienating them from being people?

When black people say "the whites" does that make them racist? I don't think she has enough content for us to suggest who she is either way. If she doesn't want blacks in power because they are black then yes that is racism, if she sees a threat to the Conservative aspects of Mississippi then she might be worried about the state swinging to blue and that is not racism as blacks there represent 90% Democratic voting power.

For me I tend to label people racist based on words and actions they display overtime, and not one statement that could have a good number of different motivators, so for me I don't know her and my understanding of people is a realization that grows over a period of observation and not a finger pointing single event screaming Racist!

To be honest, Mississippi has the largest black voting percentage in the nation already at 38%, so there isn't a huge amount of wiggle room for an increase to actually become a factor in turning the state blue unless the conservatives stay home, and that might be what she is so worried about.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

I just love it. Are people that afraid of minorities voting even in solidly red states like Mississippi? Makes no sense to me. Heck, I even scoff at the idea of Arizona or Texas going blue anytime soon. Rather not risk to complain about it if you're that racially inclined?
U.S. Census data for 2018 shows Texas is 41.4 percent non-Hispanic white, 39.6 percent Hispanic-Latino, 12.3 percent black, 5 percent Asian and a smattering of others. More than half of the state’s 29 million people live in just four metro areas. I’d say Texas will almost certainly become a blue state in the near future. I’m far from certain Trump will win it.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

I just love it. Are people that afraid of minorities voting even in solidly red states like Mississippi? Makes no sense to me. Heck, I even scoff at the idea of Arizona or Texas going blue anytime soon. Rather not risk to complain about it if you're that racially inclined?

I think you don't get it because you are working from a basis that is misconstrued. Although I could be wrong, what i read that to say is that black people are registering in record numbers, and it looks like the rest of Mississippi needs to get involved.

Id suspect that she is a Republican when voting herself, and i'd suspect she issued a personal opinion on how the current registrations are going to effect the upcoming election. In other words: she sounded a partisan alarm.

Put any other race in that comment, and its far less nefarious. That said...im not sure i like the idea of an election commissioner tracking registrations and taking up calls for activism because of it. Seems like misusing her job.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes it makes them racist. If you don't see that then You're just either being stubborn or ignorant.

And believe it or not, black people are way more racist towards white people than people want to admit but that's a different discussion.

As far as what she said, it's racist and anyone who says things like "The insert race here" are obviously racially motivated, otherwise why even mention the race? Who cares what race is voting? She does obviously.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
For sure a foot in the mouth..

but

its still okay to dogpile whites. Cause we alllll rassist.

*I know I know im hammering it... but Im only repeating what my pea brain hears
edit on 7-7-2020 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Black people are voting, and this time, not for Democrats.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum
Who cares what race is voting? She does obviously.

Other than it is a huge demographic...lol... If 90% of the blacks in Mississippi vote democrat that is important demographic to follow as they are 38% of the population there. There are 100s of other important demographics too. Do you also want to know who else cares about race... THE DEMOCRATS

There is a reason blacks vote so high Democrat and it is not because the Democrats are so good and Republicans are so bad. One just needs to look at Chicago to see what 90 years of Democratic rule does to a city to understand that is not the case.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

As I said several times already, we have not reached the lower level of convicting people of thought crimes... yet. Do I agree with what she said or with the way she said it? No. Do I think she was being racist? Probably but I don't know her personally so I say probably but can't say definitely. When we get to the point where we start convicting people for thought crime we will be in very dangerous territory. Get back to me when you find evidence of her actually preventing anyone from registering to vote.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Put any other race in that comment, and its far less nefarious. That said...im not sure i like the idea of an election commissioner tracking registrations and taking up calls for activism because of it. Seems like misusing her job.

We typically see this as a normal routine for the Democrats...But now it is wrong and racist...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
When we get to the point where we start convicting people for thought crime we will be in very dangerous territory. Get back to me when you find evidence of her actually preventing anyone from registering to vote.

Well it is mostly virtual signalling. It really has nothing to do with whether she is truly racist or not, its all about trying to push their social warrior narratives to social media of a racist America... Oh she said "the blacks" That white kid sang a popular song that had the N word in it 30 times and he actually sang the N word too... ALL proof of the evil racist America! Reddit and Twitter speaks the truth!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join