It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I said it might not be true. I also said nothing about Trump in the OP.

But we don't always doubt news of course, just only when it supports your side your not skeptical.

I wonder did the doubters here doubt the charge against Syria of using chemicals on " his own people" in which Trump dropped some bombs.

That charge has been proven to be false.

And BTW if you don't want to believe anything out of the news than we cant discuss anything.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Grimpachi
No one is even trying to say he didn't do it. Dear leader the flag hugging Trump when briefed about Russians paying bounties for US soldiers simply ignored it. When the Kremlin was questioned about it by reporters they said they didn't know. No one from the US had even raised the question to them. Trump had been briefed on it and it had been going on for months, months. No inquiry, no complaints, nothing. No one even questions if Trump turned his back on our soldiers because it is believable. Mainly what I see are people trying to justify it. Maybe if this happened in Bengazi people would be up in arms.

How do you know he ignored it?
You have absolutely no clue at all about any conversations going on about how to deal with this.
The President will no doubt deal with it, but hopefully in a way that doesn't lead to war.
Leave the foreign affairs discussions to those who are in the job, fair enough?
You don't really have any insight.

Good to know you have such absolute faith in the government. Or is it absolute faith in the president?

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WilltellLOL,did you get the information from a White horse souse? more propoganda by media to fuel war,they know most of public are idiots very evident from clowns wearing masks,social distance

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
People wondering why ATS is dying need only to notice that this thread has barely gained any traction yet, but biden accidentally saying million instead of thousand (and then correcting himself - a non-story) is on the front page.

If this was an Obama accusation, it would be 20 pages long by now.

If this proves true, anyone defending Trump on it can no longer claim to be a patriot or someone who cares about America. Simple. They will officially be traitors who prefer Putin and Russia over America.

Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Double
edit on 28-6-2020 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
People still falling for the New York Times BS "according to officials briefed on the matter"

🤣🥽🤣

Your traitorous deflection continues. You should be querying whether or not this is true. Fox is reporting it too but you conveniently ignore that. Trump hasn't spoken out to deny it either. You should be questioning that.

But then you're anti America as we all know, so it's no surprise is it comrade.

If it was a biden accusation you'd have made 10 threads on it by now filled with your adorable little explosion emojis.
edit on 28-6-2020 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
People wondering why ATS is dying need only to notice that this thread has barely gained any traction yet, but biden accidentally saying million instead of thousand (and then correcting himself - a non-story) is on the front page.

If this was an Obama accusation, it would be 20 pages long by now.

If this proves true, anyone defending Trump on it can no longer claim to be a patriot or someone who cares about America. Simple. They will officially be traitors who prefer Putin and Russia over America.

Disgusting.

I'd say the best protection for our troops is to take them out of Afghanisten, but we saw how people from the anti-war Democratic party really felt about geting our people out of the Syrian civil war in which we violated international law to get involved. They lost their minds and did everything they could to justify staying in a sovereign land uninvited.
edit on 6/28/20 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Looking like this BS story is debunked and proven phony oh well 🤓

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Meanwhile in Syria, ISIS militants were receiving mortar shells and other hardware, supplied by an Eastern European company to a private US contractor under contract to the US government. Not that the mainstream press shouted about it, which is to be expected when their nasty little schemes are discovered.
The weapons used by the Taliban don’t necessarily have to have been supplied directly by the country of manufacture. If that were the case we should have bombed the crap out of Japan long ago for supplying all those Toyota 4x4’s favored by Islamic militants!

As with most things, follow the money to find out exactly who is paying for it all. Unfortunately, don’t expect the mainstream entertainment and propaganda western media to carry out such investigations any time soon.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

The same as in Yemen, The Saudi's slaughter Yemeni people with American weapons, The Houthi Rebels use Iranian weapons to fight back so Iran must be punished for supplying those weapons. What the rest of the world dislikes about the U.S is the blatant Hypocrisy of the U.S government,
Do as we say, Not as we do.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'm not too sure about all this.

If this is true then I can't help but wonder what Russia thinks it would achieve by doing this?
Can they really afford to piss the USA off that much?
How do they gain from this; what practical benefits are there?

But it is Afghanistan and intrigue, double cross and conflict have been going on there for literally centuries.

Why such a remote piece of land that has relatively very little mineral wealth or economic power should be viewed so tactically important is quite frankly beyond me.
I understand its historical importance but in this modern age its strategic importance is nowhere near as important as it once was.

Who benefits by revealing these accusations?

Russia's assassination attempts in Europe over the past few years have targeted Russian emigrees, defectors or dissentors.
These alleged bounties were paid for deliberatley targeting and killing US nationals.....a whole different ball game.

If true I really don't see who benefits.
I don't know, maybe I'm letting my ususal cynical guard down?
edit on 28/6/20 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Why would Russia need to pay Afghan millitants, who already fight the U.S, to kill American soldiers ? They are already fighting them.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

100% spot on.

The problem is, no one gives a # when it's the last 500 meters of foreign policy.

I certainly didn't.

All the more reason to stop this crap. Bring the troops home.

Reminds me of World War 1 and the realization that the war was being protracted over petty land squabbles behind the scenes.

The world was ending and they were arguing about a km difference on the lines of a map.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: WilltellLOL,did you get the information from a White horse souse? more propoganda by media to fuel war,they know most of public are idiots very evident from clowns wearing masks,social distance

Because the White House is the only source of truth and accurate information, right?

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180
Why would Russia need to pay Afghan millitants, who already fight the U.S, to kill American soldiers ? They are already fighting them.

This isn't about PAYING Afghan soldiers. This is about paying a BOUNTY on killing/attacking US soldiers. HUGE difference.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This is a PURE FAKE NEWS STORY Concocted by the NYT , you KNOW that RIGHT >?

" White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Saturday in response to the Times story that neither Trump nor Vice President Mike Pence was ever briefed on such a brazen Russian intelligence plan to hand out bounties.

"This does not speak to the merit of the alleged intelligence but to the inaccuracy of The New York Times story erroneously suggesting that President Trump was briefed on this matter," she said.

And Trump himself confirmed as much, tweeting Sunday morning:

Nobody briefed or told me, VP Pence, or Chief of Staff Mark Meadows about the so-called attacks on our troops in Afghanistan by Russians, as reported through an “anonymous source” by the Fake News NY Times. "

www.zerohedge.com...

edit on 28-6-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Saturday in response to the Times story that neither Trump nor Vice President Mike Pence was ever briefed on such a brazen Russian intelligence plan to hand out bounties.

And, Kayleigh McEnany promised never to lie!

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

No it isn't...

www.wsj.com...

and trump knew about it...

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 28-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

No it isn't...

www.wsj.com...

from yer wsj fable.....

people familiar with the report said.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No proof at all anywhere that Trump was even briefed or that this is real 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

People still falling for the New York Times BS "according to officials briefed on the matter"

🤣🥽🤣
i think the whole thing smells of Soros money trying to start trouble.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join