It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Backtracking begins: The WHO admits asymptomatic Covid transmission is very rare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And so now we come to it ...

Wearing masks is really just for show as some of us knew all along.

No one got sick from the hair salon exposure. And no one got sick from the Lake of the Ozarks party even after one person there tested positive.

Not only that, Michigan's numbers up here still haven't gone off the rails like Dipwhit wailed about if people kept protesting in Lansing.

We've had plenty of time for that prediction gem to make us eat crow, and yet, nothing remotely close to her predictions have come to pass. Missed by not a mile, but a couple of leagues. Minimum.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Sorry, but although this reinforces what I’ve said since the beginning. When it comes from this organization after the crap they just pulled with China, I’d look for other sources. I hope the whole organization dies out.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: chr0naut

The death toll from COVID-19 complications in the US is currently 110,923 and this has occurred over a period of 139 days. That's about 798 deaths per day averaged.

And what if that death toll of 110k was greatly exaggerated? Since there's ample evidence of deliberate embellishment, wouldn't that number start to resemble the normal seasonal flu numbers?

I doubt it.

The miscoded numbers are a tiny fraction of the total figures.

All scientific measurements include a margin of error and these mortality figures are just like other data, in that regard. The fact that the numbers aren't absolutely perfect is no cause for calling them insignificant or wholly false.

Also, there are several agencies from several countries involved in accumulating their individual figures and they all seem to be saying much the same things, demographically.

edit on 8/6/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Sorry, but although this reinforces what I’ve said since the beginning. When it comes from this organization after the crap they just pulled with China, I’d look for other sources. I hope the whole organization dies out.

It will

Like the U.N.. the WHO is an irrelevant farce.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Flu season is only about 5 mos. Daily average over 150 days is 533.33.

I'd be curious to see flu deaths #s this year. I suspect a large portion of flu deaths will be coded as a covid-19 death.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: carewemust

The USA loses about 7,700 people per day to death....every day...virus or no virus.

www.cdc.gov...

Covid-19 is just a minor spike in the overall number of deaths America experiences every year.

Hardly worth all the damage done by (mostly) Blue State governors, and the Mainstream Media.

Well, if you consider the number of atoms in the known universe, the boss won't notice if a few thousand dollars go missing? Eh?

Yes, everyone dies, eventually.

100% - just dead.

So, should we ignore a specific cause of death just because it is ultimately futile to struggle for life?

You do not shut down the economy of entire states over an additional minor threat to human life. That is the bottom line. You take PRECAUTIONS...just like you do with any other Flu-like virus.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You know, it seems like just yesterday that "this will only get worse, mark my words" and "I'm a EMT, I work on the front lines I see how bad it is!(also, I have ID to prove it)" or my favorite..."the end is nigh".

Good times. Good to know that anytime an epidemic appears all we need is rioting and looting to instantly cure it!

Take notice WHO, BLM!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Ha,

Does anyone believe the W.H.O. any longer?

I can't wait until some enterprising organization puts up a WHO Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/May/June "guidance comparison" grid.

Feb - Human to Human spread is not easy.

Apr - US Deaths will be in the Millions!

May - It can't survive on surfaces.

June - We certainly fooled all you gullible dumb asses!

The CDC has been full of sh'it too.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The disease is spread from coughing people pretty much but not from those who are not having symptoms. I have stated that this disease was not that bad except for those with compromised immune systems. I mentioned many things that can help you fight this disease when we come in contact with it, common things we can get. I don't know if this chemistry would fix a full blown disease, but if you use what I said it would probably never get to that point. But from what I was reading from WHO and the CDC before, I actually believed it could be spread by people who did not have symptoms readily, I believed a lie. They said there was good evidence it could be passed on by asymptomatic people when there was no real evidence. That must be why the Feds said we must open up the economy, but they were not going to admit they believed a lie where I admit if I was fooled.

I have been studying viruses for many years, I should have known better. On top of that, one thing I did not believe from the getgo is that the virus can live on surfaces for hours......how can something not alive live.....the electrical surface charge on things will short out most viruses quickly, I was very skeptical of that information but I was fooled by this asymptmatic infection crap. I suppose they had to release this now since all those protesters are out mingling and they probably are not going to get sick.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

THIS: www.cdc.gov... is one of those CDC charts that Google goes to great lengths to keep buried. It's only by LUCK that you can find it!

I keep it bookmarked on my phone to shut people down real fast when they start spouting the Covid-19 scare talk.

Thankfully, most people who use their common sense are now realizing that the Mainstream Media, and big-Blue Governors, were over-hyping Covid-19 to hurt President Trump via a damaged economy, and fear of Covid-19 deaths occurring on every block in America. (Additional objective of big $$$$ from U.S. taxpayers was added in late April.)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Novel, means new, new means unknown, unknown means take caution.

If this virus turned out to be like the Spanish flu, would you be crying wolf?

We knew it was way, way less lethal as the Spanish Flu once it spread to other Asian countries if not earlier. But you know that.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
So in that same conference she stated that most cases are in fact, not asymptomatic so....

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It doesn't seem very rare to me. Unless you're going to tell me every one of the two million Americans who are confirmed to have gotten it sought out someone who was showing symptoms and ate their cooties intentionally.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Heck, liars will lie. And they rarely ever cure themselves of that affliction.

We already know that the WHO lies. So why would anyone believe that they couldn't possibly be lying now too?

I believe we are just being distracted with one hand while the other one picks our pocket.

Liars are still lying.

IMHO.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
And so the backtracking begins...
...........for the seasonal flu.

Hmm. Tell that to the 40,000+ dead in my country. Tell that to the doctors and nurses (who I know a number of personally) that have witnessed this 'seasonal flu' do untold damage to internal organs.

It is not seasonal flu. It's stupid reasoning such as this that caused it to spread around as badly as it did in the first place.

Sure - a large proportion of those that have died would have done so with flu - that's not in dispute. But a large portion of survivors are left with significant damage, and that is the untold story.

I may be in the minority here in this echo chamber believing in the science and first-hand testimony - so flame away.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: youcanttellthepeople

The burden on proof is on you for that one.

Sources?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

You're saying that after the fact... that's my point. Thank you for being a tool and a schizo.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Novel, means new, new means unknown, unknown means take caution.

Sure, but it doesn't mean be stupid.

Asymptomatic transmission is not common, nor is it easy to accomplish. Without actual evidence of it, there is no reason to suspect it would happen.

And it doesn't, as the OP pointed out and as many of us already knew.

So, once again, ##YourNewNormal

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
It doesn't seem very rare to me. Unless you're going to tell me every one of the two million Americans who are confirmed to have gotten it sought out someone who was showing symptoms and ate their cooties intentionally.

No, it simply means that a lot of people who thought they just had a head cold or something else had this thing, and spread it to others.

Again - yes, it is apparently very contagious - easily spread by symptomatic carriers... it is just that most people who got it that showed any symptoms at all, had only minor symptoms.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

It means that most of us who had it barely noticed it assuming we showed any signs. Remember, the tests were so rare that you could only get testing if you were sick enough to present for medical care. A lot of people don't bother unless they are intolerably ill and think they need medical attention.

I know when we thought we all had it in this household, none of us went to the doctor. It never got bad enough for any of us to feel we needed to.

I may have had to the worst with lingering shortness of breath and then a bought of mild asthma that persisted about a month or so later, but that was it. Nothing needed a doctor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join