It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Backtracking begins: The WHO admits asymptomatic Covid transmission is very rare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
And so the backtracking begins...

www.cnbc.com...

Coronavirus patients without symptoms aren’t driving the spread of the virus, World Health Organization officials said Monday, casting doubt on concerns by some researchers that the disease could be difficult to contain due to asymptomatic infections. 

To my ATS brethren, I know at least 90% of you were just as aware as I was that the Covid pandemic was exploited, manipulated, promoted, and subverted by the MSM and others onto the American population. It caused many of us to lose our jobs and completely turn our lives upside down...........for the seasonal flu.

So I ask you, ATS community, to shove this and all future MSM backtracks into the face of every fear-humping liberal that bought into this hoax and yelled at you for not wearing a mask. Those that were flesh-based relays for the media need to wake the f#!k up to prevent these situations in the future.
edit on 8-6-2020 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Novel, means new, new means unknown, unknown means take caution.

If this virus turned out to be like the Spanish flu, would you be crying wolf?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The problem is that it's not just the liberals believing it. It's everyone. In fact, I Iiterally only know 2 people that have doubted and questioned all of this. Even most of my family, who are not the type you would have expected to believe anything the MSM told them, has bought in and gone along with everything. The Covid "situation" "along with Trump Derangement Syndrome going into full effect because of the Covid "situation" has damaged my relationship with many people in my life and like our country, they will never be the same.

Even with the hypocrisy of the protests being OK but us not being aloud to visit relatives for months. Or the fact that we can't go to church but thousands of people can get together to burn that church down. Even with reports from Italy, Germany, and even a the back and forth from our own CDC and our new hero Fauci that raise questions. Despite all of those things and many more that just prove that at the very least, there are some some things that need to be questioned, haven't changed a thing for many people. They are all still hook line and sinkered in.

Also, the WHO also said today that Coronavirus is getting worse all over the world so they aren't backtracking. They're still trying hard to make this thing relevant again. Just changing the rules and talking points so that when the world gets shut down again in the fall they will have already established the new narrative to go along with the "2nd wave"
edit on 8-6-2020 by awhispersecho because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2020 by awhispersecho because: Because

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The experts are learning as they go, so naturally as they discover new information it changes what was known.

This is a worldwide event not an American one.

Its not the flu, it's a corona virus.
edit on 8-6-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's amazing what funding (or lack of) can do 😃

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The Hong Kong flu killed a hundred thousand Americans 68, 69
and ya know what we did about it?

We went to Woodstock!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Swine infected 60 million and noone even worried about catching it.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I was talking to a friend today about this and he said it was amazing how some scary words from the "authorities" turned everyone into a late-stage Howard Hughes.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Novel, means new, new means unknown, unknown means take caution.

If this virus turned out to be like the Spanish flu, would you be crying wolf?

You’re obviously retired, over 70, with serious pr-existing medical conditions.

Your panicdemic is officially a hoax.

Get over it.
edit on 8-6-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It wasn't the seasonal 'flu.

The death toll from COVID-19 complications in the US is currently 110,923 and this has occurred over a period of 139 days. That's about 798 deaths per day averaged.

The death toll from 'flu in the USA in 2018, the highest on record, was 80,000. That's about 219 deaths per day, averaged.

During this epidemic, 'flu deaths have still been occurring. The 'flu numbers are additional to the COVID-19 numbers.

... and I'm fairly sure the resistance of the WHO in releasing the initial figures is because they didn't know how it was being transmitted or how many were asymptomatic transmissions.

edit on 8/6/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Oh my, not backtracking, nooo, who ever could have possibly seen that coming months ago?

Ahem.

We. Told. You. They. Would. Backtrack.

That thing we have called "instinct" is pretty dang reliable when you apply objectivity and logic, instead of wild emotional hysteria fits. I listened to my instincts when this all started and it smelled like bulls#. Every backtrack and downplay so far has not failed in proving those of us who smelled the reek a mile away very right.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I don't trust the WHO.

Nor do I trust anyone who trusts the WHO.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

(IMO) The World Health Organization (and Dr. Fauci) knew that Covid-19 was not easily transmittable by Asymptomatic individuals long before this week.

The reason they're telling what they've known NOW, is to get ahead of the fact that the Protests and Riots will NOT cause a huge spike in Covid-19 cases. And, to encourage the protestors/rioters to continue without fear of spreading Covid-19 to their parents/grandparents.

The WHO should not receive a penny from U.S. taxpayers for a long, long time!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The USA loses about 7,700 people per day to death....every day...virus or no virus.

www.cdc.gov...

Covid-19 is just a minor spike in the overall number of deaths America experiences every year.

Hardly worth all the damage done by (mostly) Blue State governors, and the Mainstream Media.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The USA loses about 7,700 people per day to death....every day...virus or no virus.

www.cdc.gov...

Covid-19 is just a minor spike in the overall number of deaths America experiences every year.

Hardly worth all the damage done by (mostly) Blue State governors, and the Mainstream Media.

Well, if you consider the number of atoms in the known universe, the boss won't notice if a few thousand dollars go missing? Eh?

Yes, everyone dies, eventually.

100% - just dead.

So, should we ignore a specific cause of death just because it is ultimately futile to struggle for life?

edit on 8/6/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The death toll from COVID-19 complications in the US is currently 110,923 and this has occurred over a period of 139 days. That's about 798 deaths per day averaged.

And what if that death toll of 110k was greatly exaggerated? Since there's ample evidence of deliberate embellishment, wouldn't that number start to resemble the normal seasonal flu numbers?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Ha,

Does anyone believe the W.H.O. any longer?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
And so now we come to it ...

Wearing masks is really just for show as some of us knew all along.

No one got sick from the hair salon exposure. And no one got sick from the Lake of the Ozarks party even after one person there tested positive.
edit on 8-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

CNBC don't count as the media then ?
But you're going to be flesh based relay for the who and the media , when it suits you ?
There's a difference between asymptomatic and presymptomatic , cases and transmissions .

What you haven't yet got is a justification for saying there are lots of asymptomatic cases and therefore a low case fatality rate . It's suggested you aren't going to get that and it puts your conspiracy theorying out the window because that's what you're deluding yourselfs into believing to say that but without any evidence for it.

They didn't bring lockdowns globally and cripple economies lightly or for some nefarious plot you dummies. They did it for the high hospitalisation rate and a good chance of dying if you get it.

And as for the media there's a not telling you element and that doesn't fit with your media fear creation drive theories : what are you told about the zoonotic aspect ? Nothing. Except maybe , there's no evidence for zoonotic transmission . They don't want to scare you , it's the opposite of what you're saying.

IF the media were trying to make the coronavirus a bigger deal than what it is , which would be pointless and damaging to their own existing biases , don't you think they'd be touting some death rates ? But what is that rate now standing at ? Do you even know ? Let's give a clue , it's over 5 % . In Brita n the CFR per 100 confirmed cases is c 15%.
Are the media or your statisticians making that abundantly clear ? Is anyone , WHO included ? No.
Now recalculate your backwards nonsense instead of having a go at any perceived opportunity.
And see what winter does , because that's when the common cold proliferates .

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I would post the KEKW here if it was Twitch. I think that there's no other way in the world to express how I feel after seeing this

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join