It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you embrace a racial identity you are part of the problem

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I respond to them, by telling them they are on the wrong path. Their path can only lead to ruin, and I will not help them along that path. I offer my perspective, they are free to take it or leave it. Not everyone who's black is part of black lives matter, in fact I'm willing to bet the greater majority of them are not. Most of these groups are fringe.

When a real path to fixing things comes, it will get my support, I cannot support a train wreck.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I respond to them, by telling them they are on the wrong path. Their path can only lead to ruin, and I will not help them along that path. I offer my perspective, they are free to take it or leave it. Not everyone who's black is part of black lives matter, in fact I'm willing to bet the greater majority of them are not. Most of these groups are fringe.

When a real path to fixing things comes, it will get my support, I cannot support a train wreck.

Fair enough. You have passion for your belief though. You can't tell people they are wrong, you have to show them.

You can't show them if they stop listening to you. Anyway, laudable ideals Puppylove. Thanks for the chat.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

If I were of a black persuasion I might be able to be that example, unfortunately in this case my complexion is white, there is no example I could give that would make the proper point because they are convinced we are different. There are many people of black complexion who are trying to open eyes, I applaud them their efforts, it's possible that as they share the same complexion these people may truly and honestly listen... Maybe...

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

This data proves even more that the police are far too violent for their own good and need to be trained to not kill someone first. But evaluate the situation before shooting.

Thanks for the information.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sadly, if I went into entertainment I'd more likely do something involving aliens trolling humanity throughout the ages because they're bored and have nothing else to do. The drama would be between different groups vying for "screen" time and arguing over what should and shouldn't be allowed. It would have rogue groups that break the rules, and people finding out and trying to prove the truth, only to hit the road block of the in build absurdity to every encounter by the trolling aliens. I don't mind sharing it, because I'm unlikely to follow through, but wouldn't mind seeing it done.

It would have some moments to show what we could become in the form of the aliens that parallel many of our both lighter and darker selves with too much power and no more needs besides entertainment. Asks some ethical questions, and makes a few points about assumptions and the power of absurdity as a tool of subterfuge.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

That's easily said by a multi-millionaire who has made his money from the labor of those he's talking down to.

2nd.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

If I were of a black persuasion I might be able to be that example, unfortunately in this case my complexion is white, there is no example I could give that would make the proper point because they are convinced we are different. There are many people of black complexion who are trying to open eyes, I applaud them their efforts, it's possible that as they share the same complexion these people may truly and honestly listen... Maybe...

I'm confused. You're still talking about race. You're using "skin complexion" to replace the term, but you're still talking about the same thing. Is this basically a semantic argument?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

No I'm not. I'm recognizing how others see things. I don't think a person with brown skin is any different than myself, we're both humans with cosmetic differences, but unfortunately, these people do see it as a difference beyond simple cosmetics. I cannot have a rational conversation without recognizing that others see things in term of race. The reason I wasn't using racial terms is because I'm pointing out that "I" see it only as a cosmetic difference myself. Is no different to me than someone having blue eyes while I have brown. It's not the same on the other side though.

To me brown skin is no different than eye color, is eye color a race? Is recognizing brown skin is different from pale pinkish skin in the same way brown eyes are different from blue eyes really semantically the same thing as recognizing race as a real thing? I say, no, no it is not.

Also recognizing that someone else sees me as a pale faced white boy, who's opinion has no merit, is not the same thing as accepting and embracing a white identity in the racial sense. It's merely recognizing others see me differently through different lenses.
edit on 6/7/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

If we all embraced our identity as the 99% we would become much more aware of how 1% are working to oppress us.

I'd like to see all the 1%ers continue to make their apologies for profiting off black Americans and let them take all the blame.

It's one thing to admit that my white skin did not hold me back in life and I never had to overcome the fact that I am white, in any way, but I never sought out or took opportunities to profit from or cheat out black people.

If the 1% are confessing they did, let the record show that and SHAME on them. I'd really love to see black Americans file a class-action lawsuit against the white 1% falling all over themselves to apologize. And the media.

edit on 6/7/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Well said. You're fighting an uphill battle.

Very admirable. Thanks for taking the time to articulate your position.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Good point.

To me, we don't really want to acknowledge the real situation ... the 1% OWN the rest of us in all pracitcal terms. They control the economy, the legal system, the media, the entertainment industry ... their controls are so interlaced through every part of our society that it doesn't even matter whether we obey or rebel ... they still own everything.

Including us. The only place to live free is in our own minds.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   

If you embrace a racial identity rather than fighting to be seen as anything less than a human being who like all humans have many varying cosmetic differences, you are a major part of the problem. Race is a made up concept, it is entirely based upon arbitrary cosmetic differences deemed important by asshats.

I almost agree.
I think it was Norm Macdonald that said a person who is proud of their skin is a sad being.
"You may as well be proud to have lungs"

But as a cardholding peckerwood it's easy to dismiss the silliness of racism.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm not going to try to hijack the thread, but I will say that evolving behind identity politics (race, sex, gender, orientation, religion, political party, etc.) is the next logical step in social development.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I shouldn't embrace my white heritage and identity?
What about my native american identity.

My mom was dutch and my father was full native american.
Who am I?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Native Americans fully adopted "white" children in their tribes and they were no less native than anyone born into their tribes, and I very much doubt there has never been a Dutch man with dark skin.

Do you define your heritage by skin color, if so you're doing your heritage both ways injustice, as there is far more to both that has not a single thing to do with skin color.

Also, you are you, how you were raised, and what you've experienced, and those alive who have touched your life has far more to do with who you are than your connected to your Dutch or Native American heritage, I mean unless you grew up in the tribes, or migrated here. Even then, both are far different from what they once were. Mostly if you must define yourself culturally, I'm guess primarily, you're American, or more specifically United Statesian...? Why don't we have a moniker besides American? Mexico and Canada are both America too...

edit on 6/8/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You are so out of step with the reality of the times it borders on lunacy. Race is the single most important identifier in the US. In the US a person is either a POC or a POS white European American. Cant have it anyother way. Everything in everyway and everyday in the US is all about race. Its all about racial hatred, racial envy, racisim, institutional racism and of course....racism. If a person isnt a POC, they are racist.

You need find another planet. Race and racism is an industry in the US. Its become the basis for politics, education, even art, and sports and the music industry.........every facit of US life is all about race. In essence, Race is the currency of social interaction. You are either diverse, or your not.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'm not going to try to hijack the thread, but I will say that evolving behind identity politics (race, sex, gender, orientation, religion, political party, etc.) is the next logical step in social development.

Behind or Beyond?

Bit of a difference my friend

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Nonsense. But people sure are trying to make it that way, fortunately as much as you'd love it to be true, most of that is fringe, black or white the majority try to stay away from this crap and live normal lives.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join