It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you embrace a racial identity you are part of the problem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If you embrace a racial identity rather than fighting to be seen as anything less than a human being who like all humans have many varying cosmetic differences, you are a major part of the problem. Race is a made up concept, it is entirely based upon arbitrary cosmetic differences deemed important by asshats.

This is the truth plain and simple, all lives matter, this is true whether your skin is black or white or any other shade. All are equally human. If your fight is for anything less than the full recognition of your rights as a human being and the full denial of being a part of any bull# made up concept such as race, then you are promoting the concept of race and our division along cosmetic lines as a separate people.

You cannot both embrace and accept a white, black or any other designation and fight against racism at the same time. Your refusal to become a human being and stop segregating yourself by artificial boundries creates a never ending cycle. As long as we accept being divided by race, we will always have racism. That's the simple truth.

If there is police corruption, and abuse does happen due to racist beliefs, that's a human rights issue, NOT a race issue, UNLESS you accept and desire to promote race and the racism that comes with it.

Black lives matter is nonsense. It's racist at it's core because it implies people with black skin are some kind of other and not as equally human as everyone else.

All lives matter, we're all human, let's fight to remove the designation of race and embrace our shared humanity. That's the only way racism ends. There's no such thing as a black or white culture, it's nonsense delusion that exists only to divide and segregate ourselves. It's an absurdity, and you will never convince me that anyone who embraces such is not part of the problem.

I will continue embracing all as human, I will remain color blind, and I will always fight only for causes that are humanitarian and does not further the divide. Things with actual solutions that don't involve embracing concepts corrupt down to it's very core. Concepts that are at it's root the very core of the issue itself.

As a color blind individual that refuses to embrace race, and fights against all who do, I am an the purest form of a non racist. If anyone has an issue with that, perhaps they should look within and figure out what exactly it is about their made up racial designation that makes them refuse to give it up.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
People are so easily suckered into division.
I applaud your thread as it strikes directly at the heart of the problem.
Black Lives Matter are the flip side of the KKK. They both want superiority for their race.. i.e. they are racists.
Judge on the content of ones character, not on the colour of their skin . Never a truer word spoken and also means, crucially, that both black, brown and white people can be evil, just as black, brown and white people can be righteous. Only when that is clear to people will we progress beyond the point of blaming a single race for the misdeeds of those with questionable character.

edit on 7/6/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm not a racist I dislike everyone equally...

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It's easy to say all lives matter when you're not being killed because of your skin color by the police.

edit on 7-6-2020 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Always been a big part of my credo. Something I've always taken to heart.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

On my phone can't see your comic, sorry.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The proper argument is "we're human too, and our lives matter", not "black lives matter", when fighting for equality what idiot embraces the segregation of themselves as different? The whole fight is supposed to be about becoming equally recognized and protected as people not some separate group.

Seperare but equal doesn't work and was one of the most racist parts of our history and the removal of such was one of the equal rights movements biggest successes. Black rights matter is the definition of a separate but equal type movement as it by definition embraces difference instead of seeking unity and equality as one people.

You want to fix police corruption and brutality, then fix police corruption and brutality for all. Any solution along racial lines and not with the goal of fighting against police corruption and brutality towards all can at best result in a protected class and not an actual solution.

What's the goal here? Ending these issues or creating an atmosphere of don't arrest him he's a "black" man.
edit on 6/7/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I agree completely but the BLM folks will tell that Blacks are singled out by police despite the fact that statistics don't really support that narrative; at least not when broken down armed/unarmed and resisting/non-resisting. Did we not learn anything from WW 2 since it was a racial narrative that put the Nazis in to power?

Unless we can unite as American citizens of equal value we will get nowhere. Race may be a construct but so long as people define themselves by it they will never embrace a wider identity that includes us all.

It does seem kinda dumb to proclaim a certain identity and then complain because people act differently towards you. Whatever, I can't see it from here in my own life.
edit on 7-6-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Ummm...about 50% to the good...until you add to the equation that everyone is racist to a degree...some much more than others...

Any claims to the contrary are irrelevant to the conversation...and false...

That’s why multiculturalism always fails...and badly...humans like their differences...and enjoy their unique position as individual...or as part of a tribal dynamic...

We have all of about 300,000,000 years of evolution ahead of us before we could even approach the pedestal you’ve placed yourself on...

It’s quite a lovely thought exercise...placed right there on the shelf beside utopia...

I can hardly wait for any aliens to land to really gauge your metric...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Please God forgive me, I have sinned...

I confess, I'm a white, brutally handsome specimen of American manhood...please don't hate me.

edit on 7-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

It's easy to say all lives matter when you're not being killed because of your skin color by the police.

Ummm...sooo...are you the perfect shade of...grey...?

YouSir

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Race in America, is mind control period.

I have seen this crap all my life in the USA. Every few years someone gets rich from a video, show casing something wrong and tada we get riots and inequities being blasted at us from the MSM.

ITS MIND CONTROL. The media makes money off of it, the lawyers make money off of it and the looters.

I agree thou, but the same idiots who were outraged before are outraged again. Out of 400 million people a case like Floyd comes up about every now and then. That’s about 1% of the time. That’s not to bad. Ya know thou, all white republicans who do not kneel, or share the same ideology, well we are racist. This narrow minded idiotic tribal mentality showcases allot a good example we have not pioneered the universe yet. To busy getting dragged back to the ground to peck it with the CHICKENS 🐔.

Idiots..
edit on 7-6-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Kind of reminds me of the story about the tower of Babel. Humans were meant to be different. Different cultures were meant to exist.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

People are so esily suckered into division.

Yep.

I applad your thread as it strikes directly at the heart of the problem.

I agree, our OP has offered a fundamental understanding.

Judge on the content of ones character, not on the colour of their skin . Never a truer word spoken.

How true, how true

Black Lives Matter are the flip side of the KKK. They both want superiority for their race.. i.e. they are racists.

I have to disagree here. The KKK was a supremacist group garnered from the most ardent racists of the dominant race at the time. They sought to deny equality and to keep the minority race in submission and second class citizenry.

Black Lives Matter, while there may be supremacists among them is primarily concerned with equality for the minority group with the majority group.

However,

link   
a reply to: YouSir
You make a great point.
Utopia is down the road a good ways.
There are many diverging roads that must come together to get there first.
There are some biological elements to the question being completely ignored.
In group preference is an evolutionary left over to some degree.
Overcoming our own biology is asking quite a bit.

edit on 7-6-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Ah , We Cannot Choose the Race , Sex , or Ethnicity of our Physical Bodies before Our Birth , We can Only Live with the End Result according to our Mental and Emotional Abilities .

FAIL ;

edit on 7-6-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

We will mess Utopia, up also. America, is the closest thing to it in 2020, the masses are trying to break it as well. Get rid of the COPS!

🤦‍♂️

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

then you think people with disabilities would be rioting/protesting 10x harder then they are as they tend to be killed at almost double the rate of african americans and unlike the BLM issue come in all colors of the rainbow

www.nbcnews.com...

Almost half of the people who die at the hands of police have some kind of disability, according to a new report, as officers are often drawn into emergencies where urgent care may be more appropriate than lethal force. The report, published by the Ruderman Family Foundation, a disability organization, proposes that while police interactions with minorities draw increasing scrutiny, disability and health considerations are still neglected in media coverage and law enforcement policy. "Police have become the default responders to mental health calls," write the authors, historian David Perry and disability expert Lawrence Carter-Long, who analyzed incidents from 2013 to 2015. They propose that "people with psychiatric disabilities" are presumed to be "dangerous to themselves and others" in police interactions.
so close to 50% of all people killed by police nation wide have some form of disability/mental illness

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... older study so may not be as current but in one of the charts it gets broken down pretty well compared to population size

Any white 230 (84.3)  
Any black 37 (13.6)  
Any Hispanic 11 (4)  
Any American Indian/Alaska native 1 (0.4)  
Any Asian/Pacific Islander 3 (1.1)  
Any multiracial 2 (0.7)
No. of officers involved in injury, median (IQR, range) 1 (1, 1–5) Officer(s) were security guards 13 (1.6)
dont have current census numbers yet but it seems to match the racial make up pretty evenly for the us at the time (09-12)

www.pnas.org... more recent study saying african american males and american indian/native americans are over represented by deaths from police but this one does not touch on disability status which kind of brings it under the umbrella of the "all lives matter" the OP was going for

and oddly in all groups if you take race/disability status out of the equation its young males that make up roughly 95-97% of all police shooting victims

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I believe that the real issue goes back to innate primate xenophobia. We are innately wired to a predisposition to see things in terms of "us and them."

We have dealt with that by ever increasing identity politics, to the point that we have splintered into non-functioning fragments.

I don't have an issue with Black Lives Matter because I believe that we have the Constitutional right to assemble lawfully however we choose. I also see that there isn't just one monolithic Black Lives Matter, and that some groups have been co-opted by other forces ... as always happens.

Your approach is admirable as an individual, in my opinion. Good thread.
edit on 7-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Cheers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join