It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacked for just being white happens more often?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
America now officially sucks. If we truly had systemic racism then what was it called in the 40's and 50's. What other countries elected a black President for 8 years besides Africa and some island countries. We don't have some major racism problem.

We have a problem with drawing districts with poor people. It was suppose to give them more of a voice but it did the exact opposite. They have a voice but with no integration of middle, upper middle and wealthy in their districts they have no access to good schools, good jobs, good functional social programs. As I have said many times, the poor can not lift up the poor by themselves. They will vote for leaders who project hatred and proclaim them all victims. They are victims, but not due to other income brackets. It's their political leaders corralling them into the same pin for decades.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Whoa there...
This is about oppression of blacks not women...b

One victim at a time is all that's allowed..
Can't muddy the waters of a rant...

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

It would be a much better OP if you did it.

LOL! Some might not agree!!! Including me. I can only do so in the context that it's relevant... most violent crimes are committed by men, but most men don't commit violent crime. I want to keep it in perspective. So where it's relevant, such as with trans issues and the threat of violent men in women's spaces, I'll definitely make that point. Or when blanket comparisons about black men vs white men are made, which are just as easily applied to men vs women in general.

Distinctions are important

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Whoa there...
This is about oppression of blacks not women...b

One victim at a time is all that's allowed..
Can't muddy the waters of a rant...

But misery loves company, right? The more the merrier???

Oh wait... I forgot the world is competing in the Victim Olympics... never mind.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Well yeah.. You understand.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
a reply to: Bloodworth

Yes true but this is only in response to the normal MO of the white man.

White man past and present as a collective but certainly not all has a endless list to answer for and as we know majority generally rules.

Doesn't make it right but them be the facts.

If i allow myself to truly think about the white mans legacy a terrible sense of shame is undeniable.

So is it any wonder your OP is actually valid?????

You are so far off base it is laughable.
Its money and power you are discussing.

Its not a color issue.

Endless list of what?

Addiction to power and money and graft and drugs an everything else is a Human condition that has zero to do with color.

Only an idiot would be attributing Human behaviours to colors ....that would be like holding every red man accountable for the millions of deaths -abductions- and organised slavery caused by Inter-tribal warfare then blaming them for the White/Yellow/Brown Mans plight.

Our history is a lie...you have been deceived...do you think it was normal natural evolution that brought Europeans to North America?.....what exactly do you think Millions of Red men and women were doing living on North America?Where do you think they came from?

Wake the hades up ok....trouble maker....White people RECOVERED FIRST from a global size set-back.....you ought to thank those people for dragging us away from another stone age...the power they control is held by such a small number of them that to ay White People have all the worlds power in support of white people is retarded…..the Money Mongers are freaks not human....they are ok with sufferage starvation war and humanitarian atrocities....and they prey on White people with equal veracity to that of any color...….we are treated like livestock....it doesn't matter what color we are.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

You are correct.
Color is not an issue.

Culture on the other hand is always the problem.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Thank you!!! This is the truth the world needs to hear. That fear has made me, a women, feel like second class citizens and our world, largely run by men, rarely gives a @#$% ever. This is the most fundamental problem on our planet. A million stars if I could.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

Thank you!!! This is the truth the world needs to hear. That fear has made me, a women, feel like second class citizens and our world, largely run by men, rarely gives a @#$% ever. This is the most fundamental problem on our planet. A million stars if I could.

You're welcome. I think we're living in times where we sometimes cannot see the forest for the trees... We see a problem from one side -- our side -- and fail to see the bigger problem that harms so many more than just "us".

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Why don't the cops arrest those white kids for trying to bay an illegal drug?

And further more why should I feel bad that a criminal drug buyer got beat up by another criminal?

Because in inner cities area cops look the other way when its weed.
the stats for weed arrest are much higher among blacks. So they have to completely ignore it now to help balance the. Numbers.

Weed is a nonviolent offense. Assault and robbery are much more serious

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
and if this story was about black people you all would immediately point out that they are criminals and don't deserve justice. Flloyd was no angel but how LONG ago did he threaten that woman 10 years ago...He passed a bogus 20 dollar bill he was already handcuffed and in the police car...that cop showed up beat him dragged him out of the police car and KILLED him...It is not right.....I just saw a story... another black bird watcher....minding his own business watching
birds had the cops called on him so many times he had to make a special sign saying he is a bird watcher to stop
people calling the police on him..

And how about those black entrepreneurs minding their own business working out in the gym of the company they work at.....someone called the cops on them

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Not much recently but, every weekend you get white kids from the suburbs Going into inner cities to buy weed.

Many of the times these kids are robbed and assaulted. As groups of teenagers wait and prey on them after leaving a weed spot.

So these white kids get the piss beat out of them and some will find a police officer.
And the response is, what are you doing here?
You shouldn't be hear anyway. Some even laugh.

And the kids are told to leave and never is there an arrest for robbery and assault

Last one i witnessed ,the group Beat these 2 kids, went through their pockets, took everything .
And then threw back at them a pack of Marlboro cigarettes saying they dont smoke that brand here.

edit on 6-6-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

One of the reasons for the protest is that cops think they are allowed to decide which crimes to go after.
It's not just about police physical abuse but the general abuse of power that cops in this country have been getting away with.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My main issue with generalizing all white people is it's basically replacing racism with racism. It's exactly the same as this growing mob mentality which vilifies rich people, this type of hatred never ends well for anyone. For some reason I'll never understand, it's perfectly acceptable to use highly offensive racial slurs towards a white person but it's blasphemy when targeted at any other race. I've seen some of the most outrageously racist tweets and posts allowed to remain on social media when they are targeted at white people. I have a high level of respect for indigenous/native/African people who are able to look past race and treat everyone the same, it takes wisdom and intelligence to realize that is the most productive course of action, especially in the face of inequality and hardship. If we want to completely eliminate racism then at they very least we have to live by our words and stop breeding hatred and disdain for people just due to their skin color.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

One of the reasons for the protest is that cops think they are allowed to decide which crimes to go after.
It's not just about police physical abuse but the general abuse of power that cops in this country have been getting away with.

That's why normal people rarely have interactions with cops.

They are on edge from dealing with the most low and violent of scum. Aids victims looking to bite you, people already cuffed looking to throw their head back and break your nose. People with weapons looking to physically fight.

After awhile it becomes natural reaction to try and protect yourself .

Years and years of dealing with that...

High suicide rate job

I dont know where you are but cops are extremely disrespected where I am. Ever see those dumping water on the heads of cops.

This isn't a game

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Back when I was in middle school, we moved to OKC and I ended up at a predominantly minority school. It was scary, not gonna lie. Anyone white had a target on their backs and attacks out in the courtyard during lunch were common place. White kiddos stuck together as much as possible for this reason. I stayed inside in the gym during lunch where at least there was a teacher supervising.

This was back in the 80's when racial tensions were pretty high.

I begged and pleaded with my parents to not make me go to that school. Bullying and nastiness was just too stressful and that was the beginning of my hatred for school. Unfortunately, we lived on the 'wrong side of the drainage canal' to put it bluntly. I wasn't eligible to go to the other schools in the area even though they were far closer to us. Meh.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

So i thought it would be amuzing and elighenting if someone could document on body cam what happens to a white person in certain areas.

If they did.

Twitter and Youtube would censor it.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Ummm...which places might those be...

Cmon...we know your dying to add your own version of anecdotal evidence...

Fess up and actually name places and dates...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So, you think it’s wrong to be singled out due to your color?
You’re correct.

When you go shopping does the loss prevention department follow you around the store in the middle of the day, in your own neighborhood?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

That's happened to me several times while growing up, and even a couple times as an adult in my late to mid twenties. Not any more though. Oh and I'm a pasty soulless redhead, which doesn't fit what you're implying. Then again,I am hell spawn as a redhead, so maybe that was it.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Kinda funny about this systemic racism stuff after we have had a black president, attorney general, supreme court justice, and countless congressman and women. Oh majors and governors of major cities as well. There is so much RACISM that even though black people are a minority all these black people have been elected! Maybe black people are just not happy with the results of those they elect! Just like when a crime is committed in a black community and no one wants to be a snitch the same thing occurs! Ignore, deflect, or blame someone else... a white person will do! SMH
edit on 6-6-2020 by sirlancelot because: edit

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join