It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd Died From Heart Disease, Not Asphyxiation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: illusion987

So ever single $20 you have passed in your life you have scrutinized and had tested to establish its veracity?

Some fake bills, my bet is, you could not even tell the difference, artist or otherwise.

Of course he/she hasn't only a fool, or liar would make such a claim.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I never said that it was, it was simply a direct rebuttal to the logic you used.

There is also no denying statistically there is cause for that to be the case. If there are x number of bad officers and this or that ethnicity commits x number of crimes. A higher number of crimes leads to a higher number of encounter thus leading to a higher number of bad encounters, yes?

Thats not meant to be a justification of what did or didn't happen in this instance. Just a rebuttal to your point.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Great. That's what was happening. Had he simply got in the car and allowed the facts to come out he would never have been on the ground.

That doesn't excuse misconduct, but claiming this happened over a $20 is false.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So resisting and refusing to get in a Police car should equate to Murder by Police for refusing to do so over what amounts to nothing more than a misdemeanor?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I think that's what the Police issue was, to begin with, so a bit more than a claim.

Have you even bothered to watch the video yet of the Mans murder?
edit on 29-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

So resisting and refusing to get in a Police car should equate to Murder by Police for refusing to do so over what amounts to nothing more than a misdemeanor?

I might not want to get in a cop car either, particularly if I was unaware of doing anything wrong, still, best to comply.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Evidence a crime did not happen should absolve a person. I'm not a fan of convictions where the evidence proves innocence, I doubt you are either.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Except that is your fantasy. It's not what happened. A man resisted and was restrained. He was not intentionally murdered. Stop making false claims.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I'm thinking about the same, best to have complied.

Then again could just as easily have taken place once he was in Police custody by the look of what they get up to.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

As soon as you detain or arrest someone, you are directly responsible for their wellbeing, that’s not to say people don’t die in custody, but you better be able to show or prove that you did everything in your power to administer life saving procedures. There are numerous instances of individuals being transported to jail who fall unconscious and the transport officer does nothing, resulting in death, resulting in (sometimes) prosecution dependent on the circumstances.

Once you are detained or arrested you are a ward of the state and they are responsible for you. (Full disclosure - I could or couldn’t be FUS but this is how I was taught during my LE training)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Have you watched the video yet or still just bumping your gums regarding your own fantasies?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Your OP has made me think about a lot. Star and Flagged for that alone.

If I am reading your OP correctly then the officers should be exonerated.

It made me think about the video that I watched. I rushed to judgment and deemed the cop guilty. It is kind of like the video brought that out of me, because that it what it looked like. A cop killing another black man.

Then I thought about the kid in the MAGA hat in Washington D.C. If it were not for all the video's that showed everything we would have been led to believe that that kid was a racist.

If the Officer is not guilty some on here think the riots will get worse.

What if the Officer is not guilty, with this news that is a very good possibility.

Do we let the demands of rioters choose the conviction of a innocent man?

I hope not. I thought we didn't negotiate with terrorists.

link   

I'm not. I suspect there is more evidence then we have see already, which is bad enough already. Hopefully, the feds can get to the bottom of this. I don't think they would be saying "we wouldn't file this charge if we weren't confident we could obtain a conviction." That seems like a bad sign for Derek Chavin. It may be very bad for many somebodies. Time will tell.

link   
I wonder if you would say the same if it was a black cop trashing a white guy...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The police state he wouldn't get in the car. A restaurant owner said there was no sign of resistance and the police will not allow him to release his security footage.

Cup Foods owner Mahmoud Abumayyaleh says video from his store also shows Floyd was not resisting officers. He said authorities have asked him not to release the video.

link

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
I wonder if you would say the same if it was a black cop trashing a white guy...

How about white woman? Just google somali police officer white woman minneapolis. I didn't see any riots, but wth do I know? Justine's life wasn't worth looting over I guess.
edit on 29-5-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I read in the Mail the two Men may have known each other and have previously been bouncers together on the door at some local club.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Hell of a thing to do to someone you knew, unless of course, he had previous grievances with the poor Man.

edit on 29-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP
He was arrested and convicted. This is not a valid argument. There is a rash of white women being killed by police for various reasons?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Let me guess, you also think Heather Heyer died from a heart attack and not the car that plowed into her.

I hear she was a hemophiliac.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This has to be the dumbest OP I have ever read on ATS and I have read some doozies by the Liberals about Trump.
Floyd was murdered. Period.
He was alive before he interacted with the cops and dead after.
edit on 29-5-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join