It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd Died From Heart Disease, Not Asphyxiation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: illusion987
a reply to: watchitburn

Which is why we have "Medical Examiners" and not youtube video watchers to write medical reports.

Your logic is fundamentally flawed and disingenuous.

An action, while not being the primary cause of death, can effect another, pre-existing condition, thereby causing death; therefore, the action triggers the death due to the condition, whereas the death wouldn't occur otherwise under normal circumstances.

So the actions taken by the police officer didn't directly result in his death?

Do you not understand the point I made?

The officers actions were resultant in his death, but, according to the ME, cause of death was not strangulation or asphyxiation.

link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
You're right, I'm sure he was going to walk out the door and drop dead. And as the examiner said the potential drugs or alcohol contributed.

I mean I guess all of us can die of a health condition combined with potential drugs or alcohol. A knee to the neck for almost nine minutes had absolutely nothing to do with it I'm sure.

Over a 20 dollar bill. Smh

link   
a reply to: vonclod

I, being an artist, used to draw United States currency when I was a kid. I have never once passed a fake bill, cause I know better and am not a criminal.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I haven't seen the video yet, just reading some now. I am reading the officers checked for a pulse and did not find one. Do they have a duty to perform CPR? If they do, they have a serious problem. If not, they may not have much of a case.

You are commenting on this, and making judgements, and you haven't watched it

Talk about deny ignorance.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Would it not be like a fixed penalty fine or charged and to appear in court at a later date?

Canny ever imagine a situation where passing such a small denomination of counterfeit currency, knowingly or otherwise could ever result in the action taken against that poor Man.

What a shambles of a Police force would be my thinking.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: illusion987

Really that's what you have? I broke a 100 bill and when I got 4 twenties I did not check each one. Seriously? Now you want to call me a not very smart criminal? You need to go sit down somewhere with that bs.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: illusion987

I, being an artist, used to draw United States currency when I was a kid. I have never once passed a fake bill, cause I know better and am not a criminal.

Good for you, a regular hero, I'm sure your parents are proud!

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Let me guess, you also think Heather Heyer died from a heart attack and not the car that plowed into her.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Let me guess, you also think Heather Heyer died from a heart attack and not the car that plowed into her.

Obvious strawman is obvious

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: frogs453

So its your assessment that no black male has ever tried to pass a counterfeit bill without a police confrontation, and no white people have ever had a police confrontation while trying to pass a counterfeit bill?

No, but to state his death is justified because of that crime as many posters state is ridiculous.

And people of different ethnicities are treated differently or considered more suspicious often. I don't think anyone can deny that.
edit on 29-5-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Sorry your claim is impossible. It's refuted by facts. Why do you think your belief supercedes fact?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So ever single $20 you have passed in your life you have scrutinized and had tested to establish its veracity?

Some fake bills, my bet is, you could not even tell the difference, artist or otherwise.
edit on 29-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Very possible. I know what my responsibility would be in this situation. What's a cops duty according to the law in this situation?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

So if one person passes a bill off unknowingly no fake $20s should ever be investigated?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

On a continuum

this particular crime does NOT rise to the level of public execution, or even shaming.

Death should not be the result of either charge

In fact, under our system of law, we require a conviction before we say a man has "committed a crime." I'm sure you know that.

Nothing "absolves" this officer of a crime. That is what the third degree murder charge is for.

link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Same Coroner as Jeffrey Epstein

link   

The situation dictates he would have been questioned and if deemed to be passing counterfeit notes charged and cautioned to appear in court at a later date.

Not murdered on the floor.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I want to reiterate what I said since the beginning. I absolutely am not condoning or justifying anything. I also refuse to make an absolute claim without all the facts.

It's clear this officer's actions do not befit an officer's and it's shameful. That alone doesn't make it murder, the facts and evidence does.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Can't see how that's what you take from that. LoL

Nope, counterfeit currency is a crime, obviously, it should be investigated.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The bill had nothing to do with him on the ground. Resisting and refusing to get in the car is why.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join