It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd Died From Heart Disease, Not Asphyxiation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: illusion987

You don't know if he committed a crime. He was accused of trying to pass a counterfeit $20. A "crime" most of us have done without even knowing it because we don't carry money markers in our pocket. You know perfectly well this particular crime does NOT rise to the level of public execution, or even shaming. Give me a break.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable2027

The police arrested and restrained a criminal. They did nothing wrong.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think he died from the callous disregard for human life on the part of this officer and to a lesser degree those officers standing around and doing nothing to help a suffering human being.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Given that we are officially on the crazy train (express line) I hope a 2nd postmortem doesn't upgrade his death as being attributed to 'coronavirus' - that'd trigger a few people I reckon.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Heart disease killed poor George Floyd???

Nothing to do with the copper on his neck for about 8 minutes at all???

The heartless Police scum on that poor Mans neck should have the favor returned, quite simple really.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

So, your saying they shouldnt have let the gunman in the Hollywood shootout bleed to death? The police are not emt's. They arrest and or restrain until emt show up. That is all they do and will ever do. Now, you can have the above and beyond fire and police that go out of their way to save peoples lives, but its not part of the job and shouldnt be.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

“Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease,” said the complaint from the Hennepin County Attorney. “The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.”

That does not absolve the officer, but it sure does go a long way. What about the cause of death makes you think public execution?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Was he on his neck to an extent that it prevented him from breathing? How does being 'on someone's neck' for 8 minutes cause a death?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
so the man had a heart attack in the process of FEARING for his LIFE .....the cop kept pressing on his neck for 3 minutes after the man was UNCONSCIOUS....get a clue.....this is abuse this is WRONG....www.dailymail.co.uk...

originally posted by: illusion987
www.bet.com...

Well, I was right. As soon as my wife showed me this video after gasping "Did you see this video?, How horrible!" I, being the rational and intelligent person I am, sat back, and reviewed the video without emotion. I saw at least once George pushing his head up off the ground. If he was being strangled, it was his own doing. The medical examiner concluded that there was no asphyxia or strangulation.

This is yet another example of fake news trying to divide America. I just wish people were more intelligent. It was so obvious to me when I saw the video.

These poor officers lost their jobs and are now being charged with murder. They are already found guilty by the court of the public. There are already people saying that the medical report is "fixed" etc.

The police will be acquitted and hopefully, get their jobs back. Believe it or not, this was a routine arrest and restrain until emt showed up.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

I agree with you. He should not have committed a crime.

Or he shouldn't have put his neck under that officer's knee.

Btw, was he convicted of a crime?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I haven't seen the video yet, just reading some now. I am reading the officers checked for a pulse and did not find one. Do they have a duty to perform CPR? If they do, they have a serious problem. If not, they may not have much of a case.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Or he should not have resisted getting into the cop car, which directly led to him on the ground.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
REALLY... the cop kept standing on the guys neck for at least 3 minutes after he was UNCONSCIOUS.....I can't believe you posted that ...GET A CLUE......

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

If he wanted to end the cops having their hands on him the best way to do it was to get into the cop car where he would no longer be held by them.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If i was to sit on you and push my knee into the back of your neck with the intent to murder you it would snap like a chicken, nevermind take 8 minutes.

"Mechanical compression with blood vessels in the neck causes a reduction in oxygenation of the brain, leading to cerebral hypoxia/ischaemia, anaerobic metabolism, and acidaemia/acidosis (similar to the effects of cardiac arrest on the brain (Longstreth 2001)."

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
REALLY... the cop kept standing on the guys neck for at least 3 minutes after he was UNCONSCIOUS.....I can't believe you posted that ...GET A CLUE......

Do cops have a duty to perform CPR or lifesaving measures in this situation? I personally think they should have to when the situation does not place them in danger.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I wonder what the toxicology report will reveal ? 😎

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Liquesence

Or he should not have resisted getting into the cop car, which directly led to him on the ground.

But not a knee sitting on his neck for how many minutes, even after he says multiple times he can't breathe, and for how long after he was, you know, unresponsive.

Totally his fault. Should list suicide as cause of death, then.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If his fatal 'heart arrhythmia' is found to be a consequence of the actions or inactions of the police officers or anyone else at the scene, it could still be found to be manslaughter or murder. It just needs to be sorted out in a court of law, which is the right direction to take this from here, IMO

I don't trust the local prosecutors though. Maybe this will go up the chain, to the federal level.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If i was to sit on you and push my knee into the back of your neck with the intent to murder you it would snap like a chicken, nevermind take 8 minutes.

"Mechanical compression with blood vessels in the neck causes a reduction in oxygenation of the brain, leading to cerebral hypoxia/ischaemia, anaerobic metabolism, and acidaemia/acidosis (similar to the effects of cardiac arrest on the brain (Longstreth 2001)."

Thank you for posting that. Since doing what you claim happened would both happen much faster, and would lead to hypoxia and ischemia we can safely say it did not happen. We have a medical examiner's report, the knee did not impede oxygenation.

“no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation,”

So what you are claiming happened did not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join