It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd Died From Heart Disease, Not Asphyxiation

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

That was just a kid. If you are old enough to have amassed some wealth and drive like you have a highly competent attorney on speed dial you can make an appointment if you are too busy to chat.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Well a white lady in Minneapolis can't call the cops and then approach the car apparently. She flat out gets gunned down.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The thing with cops is it's resisting if you tense up, turn, mouth off, sit down, don't cross your legs, don't get up fast enough, don't put out a cigarette or whatever else they decide on a whim.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't forget she touched their squad car to get their attention and it scared Noor so much he shot across his partner. She should have expected she would gunned down.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

reasonable force according to the OP.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well a white lady in Minneapolis can't call the cops and then approach the car apparently. She flat out gets gunned down.

True.

Outlier.

Granted they didn't know race or gender but just reacted lethally, albeitly tragically and wrong.
edit on 29-5-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

The thing with cops is it's resisting if you tense up, turn, mouth off, sit down, don't cross your legs, don't get up fast enough, don't put out a cigarette or whatever else they decide on a whim.

For sure, depends on the cop though. I have met good ones, who I would break bread with..and encountered a few nightmares. Most are just doing their job..if they stick their necks out..can be a career problem.

The system just needs some changes

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

I saw a video of a cop attempting to tase Ahmad Arbery who had been sitting in his car listening to music on his one day off from work because the cop said a vein was popped out on his chest which seemed very threatening to the cop. His taser failed and Arbery was not charged with anything at all.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: highvein

a reply to: spacedoubt

“I can’t breathe” are often a person’s last words.

So it is a common thing that could happen at any time?

Yes, commonly happens when some GOOF kneels on your neck for 10 minutes..go figure!

Or when your suffering a heart attack apparently.

I'm 100% sure, maintaining a stress position like that, for that length of time, can easily lead to..PROBLEMS!!!!!!!

Undoubtedly. I wonder what the coroner report will say about if anything was in his system. If you put a lot of things that are bad for the body together at one point in time, bad things will happen.

It matters not, there is no way, what that cop did, for the length of time he did..was ok, in any way, shape or form. Be real careful about the power you give to the authorita's lest you be under their boot one day.

And I agree with you. All I am trying to convey is that I believe I will wait for all the information to come out before I pass judgement on this guy. Remember the Maga Hat kid in DC? I will wait for further evidence.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I agree. There are good cops who help people on and off the jobs. I know a few and a few detectives who hate when this happens because it looks bad for all of them.

I can wholeheartedly be extremely upset about these events and understand there are good cops too.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: andy06shake

Was he on his neck to an extent that it prevented him from breathing? How does being 'on someone's neck' for 8 minutes cause a death?

Ummm...I can cause you to lose consciousness in less than thirty seconds...by pressing on your neck...

In under eight minutes...I can cause you to lose your life...by pressing on your neck...all without applying pressure to your trachea...or preventing you from breathing...

It’s simple really...and not that hard to figure out...

All one has to do is interrupt the flow of oxygenated blood...to the brain...not cause asphyxia by interrupting the intake/exhalation of air...but asphyxia by lack of oxygenated blood to the brain...

Thirty seconds or less and your unconscious...up to six minutes and your brain dead...

With underlying cardiopulmonary/coronary health issues...even less...

You don’t even have to use enough pressure to cause bruising...or leave any mark whatsoever...

YouSir

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Please tell me the positions of the other 2 officers that were out of view but holding him down as well. One on the legs and the other with his knees in the man's back, maybe.

You are pathetic in even suggesting this was justified...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

In general, I hear you. It's a good way to be.

In this case, to me, it's there to see, for an agonising amount of time, what the cop did was very wrong, nothing that could come out will change that..for me.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Was he on his neck to an extent that it prevented him from breathing? How does being 'on someone's neck' for 8 minutes cause a death?

Ummm...I can cause you to lose consciousness in less than thirty seconds...by pressing on your neck...

In under eight minutes...I can cause you to lose your life...by pressing on your neck...all without applying pressure to your trachea...or preventing you from breathing...

It’s simple really...and not that hard to figure out...

All one has to do is interrupt the flow of oxygenated blood...to the brain...not cause asphyxia by interrupting the intake/exhalation of air...but asphyxia by lack of oxygenated blood to the brain...

Thirty seconds or less and your unconscious...up to six minutes and your brain dead...

With underlying cardiopulmonary/coronary health issues...even less...

You don’t even have to use enough pressure to cause bruising...or leave any mark whatsoever...

YouSir

It's astounding..Occom did not even watch the vid!
edit on 29-5-2020 by vonclod because: spelling

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Dudes..the medical examiner is the Epstein examiner.
As far as I'm concerned he's not even dead.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It's one of my hobbies. Take out a bill right now. You will see blue and red fibers in them, watermarks and plastic strips etc. Ever since I drew them when I was a kid, I was fascinated by counterfeit money and documentaries about them, growing my knowledge on how its made, etc. Sometimes, people just know what they are talking about.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir
t takes about 10 seconds to knock someone out with a rear naked choke.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: illusion987

Sounds fascinating.

But sometimes fakes are just about perfect.

And sometimes people make mistakes.

I will pretty much guarantee you have not checked every £20 bill that has come into your possession in your lifetime.

Sometimes people just lie.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

They just go to sleep if done correctly, or in this instance die in rather a protracted manner.

Torcher really, no two ways about it.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
When someone talks, air has to move past the vocal cords to produce any sounds.

After this goes to trial, the rioting and protesting is going to be much worse. And there is nothing anyone can do except watch this slow moving train wreck in the making.

Yea, about that. There’s always air in your lungs. Normal exhalation expels about a quarter of the volume of your lungs. Neat little piece that explains capacity and volume and what happens to your lungs when they’re compressed.

One of the officers expressed concern about George suffering from excited delirium, which is likely what his cause of death was. What are officers supposed to do when they suspect excited delirium?

Not put pressure on the head, neck, and chest or upper back of the subject, and not leave them prone.
edit on 29-5-2020 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join