It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

800-1000 Chinese troops cross into India

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, I mentioned Tibet so I guess I cant blame you for talking about it more than about India.
I've got two problems with it.
1. Show me how they life was worse before
2. How does Chinese infrastructure, Chinese education, banning their language and culture justify invasion, stealing the land and replacing natives?
Do you seriously think that some Brazilian tribe living in harmony will be happier when you come, burn the forest, lay down roads and put them into factories and block of flats? Everytime it happens it destroys them.
They were happy as it was since Milarepa. Afghans are another example of mountain people (only their culture is on animal level compared to Tibetans) They are like desert animals and plants. You start "helping" them with water and it kills them.
You give Innuit a flat with central heating, plant based or junk food diet and they get sick. They dont care about your hospitals.
edit on 27/5/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Raggedyman

" Tibetans cheered on the street the end of the Dalai Lama and his oppressive dictatorship "

That is a PURE Falsehood and a LAME Attempt at Propaganda ! ...................DENY IGNORANCE Rags........

Sorry Zanti
90 % of Tibetans were serfs, exploited by the religion of the country and the religious elite.
Communism is disgusting but the theocracy in this case was far worse

We disagree, just have to accept we disagree
Why are you so challenged by this?
Are you Tibetan, Buddhist, sad that the US isn’t the only hero?
What makes you so upset that Tibet was an oppressive regime?
That the Chinese may have usurped a despot.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Perfect, “tell me”
Why, you won’t accept it anyway, go study history, school child

How does China justify invading and controlling another country
Who knows, China a re a race of despotic rulers who invade other nations
No one is justifying their invasion.
What makes you think it’s acceptable? Who said it was acceptable, what a foolish question

All some people are saying is that under the Dali Lama, Tibet was oppressive and brutal
If you care, want to know, you won’t ask, you will study

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
90 % of Tibetans were serfs, exploited by the religion of the country and the religious elite.
Communism is disgusting but the theocracy in this case was far worse

I don't think anyone is suggesting Tibet in the 1950s was an oasis of civilisation and societal perfection, but China at the time was a peasant society with no land ownership i.e. the state owned all the land, having executed most of the old land-owners. The difference between Tibetan serfdom (serfs) and Chinese communism (peasants) is moot. Both serfs and peasants were controlled, repressed and abused – in China’s case millions of peasants died.

Irrespective of what Tibet was in the past, it is no excuse for invasion and occupation and decades of constant human rights abuse, repression and the expunging Tibetan culture.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I vote for Tibet independence.

What really pisses me off about China (among other things) they want Hong Kong, Taiwan, Spratleys and Tibet but none of them want to be Chinese.

Some of you might say similar to Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, N.Ireland and Scotland but the UK is democratic and all of those have so far voted to remain in UK.

What the hell benefits would China get from Tibet that they are willing to go to war for?

As an aside to this post, there is form world wide to start a war to divert attention from issues at home, I don't think you can apply that in this case, China's problem right now is the external "World" not internal, a War would just make things worse for them.

Finally for a war pron, Chinese troops outside of China get exploded.....they could hardly complain whilst the B2's are landing.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I don't think anyone is suggesting Tibet in the 1950s was an oasis of civilisation

Reading this thread, obviously some people are saying that.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

What the hell benefits would China get from Tibet that they are willing to go to war for?

China and India economically are like USSR and Germany last century (both new kids on the block) with Poland squeezed between them and up for the taking. Going to war and destroying themselves for a bit of backwards central Europe also didn't seem in the hindsight a logical idea.............. But they did it

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Rense???

They manufacture fake news and have been for decades.

Rense gives me the creeps. He appears to be something not far off from a NAZI from the material I have read there over the years. I don't like him enough to drill in if I am wrong. Thanks for your observation. I think to answer Raggedy the Indians have their country to lose and their freedom. China is desperate to change the court of public opinion just like our MSM does to some of us who are mentally asleep even now.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Tibetans are better off under the CCP than they were under their previous regime
When China invaded Tibet the Tibetans cheered on the street the end of the Dalai Lama and his oppressive dictatorship

The US government lied to you
rense.com...

Anyway, China and India, that’s a bit scary, what’s so valuable worth fighting for I wonder?
Are Tibetans happy about becoming a minority in their own land? Because that’s what’s happening. Han Chinese are moving there in droves. Lhasa had only a few hundred Chinese in 1950. By the early 1990s, almost 30 percent of Lhasa’s permanent residents were Chinese. We have no idea what the current demographics are because, well, it’s ruled by the famously transparent CCP.

China has been sinicizing Tibet for 70 years after conquering it in a naked power grab. Sugar coat it as much as you like, that’s the grim reality. China would do the same to Taiwan if it could. Look at how it treats Uighurs, Falun Gong and the people of Hong Kong, who wish to live in a democracy as China pledged they would. China simply declared the South China Sea was part of China — end of discussion. Look at how aggressively it’s acting along the Indian border. It invaded Vietnam back in 1979. Yessir, China’s a wonderful neighbor.
edit on 28-5-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typos

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

I never said China were a benevolent government, that there are no problems, that China are not in it based on selfish motivations blah blah blah

I said that Tibet are better off under Chinese rule than the religious theocracy that was managed by the Dali Lama

Based on education, health care and the end of slavery

If you have something to offer showing I am wrong, link it.
Your opinion is irrelevant to me

Google, “ the truth about Tibet”

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Irrespective of what Tibet was in the past, it is no excuse for invasion and occupation and decades of constant human rights abuse, repression and the expunging Tibetan culture.

I didn’t excuse the invasion
China invaded Tibet, killed innocent people, not excusing that, never had

I just said that Tibet was in a poor and desperate state and China freed Tibet from a tyrannical theocracy

That’s it, no justification of an invasion, not suggesting China was a great nation with good people and good intentions, just that Tibet was significantly in a poorer state than imaginable

Interesting point about China in the early 50s though, worth considering
edit on 28-5-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Oh, I see. Indians seem to ignore the troll.
It's probably a good thing. Instead of spending a decade proving your point.
The moderators of the world took notice. Sure enough we have moved into another thread.
Chine would like to play Go. What a lame game btw!

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

There have been many sightings of UFO in Ladakh and speculation of a UFO base. Of course China would want to get their hands on UFO technology.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I just said that Tibet was in a poor and desperate state and China freed Tibet from a tyrannical theocracy

What's worse? A theocratic tyranny, or a communistic tyranny? Both were as bad as each other, with the Chinese tyranny throwing-in an ideology which killed-off millions, and remains highly repressive today.

Irrespective of the past, Tibet, like many backward nations in the 1950s, could well have flourished and changed if left to their own devices. Tibet under Chinese occupation has been a continuation of tyranny - the flags changed, but the tyranny remained.

Tibet’s alternative future is hypothetical, but all countries have positively changed since the 1950s, with the exception of those shackled into dictatorships.
edit on 1/6/2020 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

What's worse? A theocratic tyranny, or a communistic tyranny? Both were as bad as each other, with the Chinese tyranny throwing-in an ideology which killed-off millions, and remains highly repressive today.

Irrespective of the past, Tibet, like many backward nations in the 1950s, could well have flourished and changed if left to their own devices. Tibet under Chinese occupation has been a continuation of tyranny - the flags changed, but the tyranny remained.

Tibet’s alternative future is hypothetical, but all countries have positively changed since the 1950s, with the exception of those shackled into dictatorships.

No it wouldn’t, the Dali Lama was part of a despotic leadership, what makes you think he would change anything
Read history, just arrogance and ignorance to think that Tibet was going anywhere.

Tibet was a theocratic dictatorship

China has made Tibet a better society than it was under the Dali Lama, simple

Theocratic dictatorship, Dali Lama was the King and he ruled sex slaves slaves and peasants

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyonedies

There have been many sightings of UFO in Ladakh and speculation of a UFO base. Of course China would want to get their hands on UFO technology.

Yeah, possibly, everyone wants alien tech, even me.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Jeez a thread about a potential Chinese-Indian military incident, and we get almost four pages of Chinese tyranny is better than Dalai Lama tyranny.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Jeez a thread about a potential Chinese-Indian military incident, and we get almost four pages of Chinese tyranny is better than Dalai Lama tyranny.

Well, that's because people brought up Tibet, without even knowing about its brutal history .

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

China is going to start searching for extraterrestrial life this year. Zhang Tongjie, a chief scientist leading China's search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) says the massive Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical Telescope (FAST) will "officially" start its hunt in September this year.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
edit on 16/6/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join