It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

800-1000 Chinese troops cross into India

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris
It is also rubbish to suggest that I was talking about China invading anybody in the near future. I've been assuming a long-term and opportunistic approach. You can't answer everybody with the same argument, because some people are saying different things.

P.S. How much are you acquainted with history? You may or may not be aware that in the decade before the First World War, there was a general consensus in Europe that war was now impossible. The reasoning was that the economy of Europe and of the world was too inter-connected- a new war would destroy the economy. In the event, so it did- but that did not deter the people who got the war going. Projections into the future based on the assumption that everybody always behaves in their own rational self-interest are not always reliable.

edit on 27-5-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Some update:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
It is also rubbish to suggest that I was talking about China invading anybody in the near future. I've been assuming a long-term and opportunistic approach. You can't answer everybody with the same argument, because some people are saying different things.

Every country tries to make gains. The west has been doing it for hundreds of years. Does that mean they want to take over the world? We have America and the UK illegally invading Iraq for their own agenda, we have America giving a helping hand in Libya, for their own agenda. It happens all the time, but we are conditioned to believe whatever our governments do is ok, and if other countries do it who are not allies, is not ok.

China will not do anything regarding Taiwan, that much is pretty obvious.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Every country tries to make gains.

At what point in any of my posts in this thread have I criticised China? In my capacity as a student of history, I was making an observation about their apparent long-term policy.

You will get into logical tangles if you try to use the double defence "They are entitled to do it" and "They are not going to do it". That's like the "It was an accident and anyway I wasn't there" defence of the careless kitchen-maid. If your concern is to defend China from critics, why not focus your fire on the critics?

edit on 27-5-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Won't evolve into a major war, while both countries are familiar with the theories of logistics I doubt their ability to practice those theories in a shooting war.

Border skirmish sure, happened before will happen again.
edit on 27-5-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ
Never seen a troop movement on the border that big. Usually they just shoot at each other with guns and artillery. Maybe the Mahabharata is about to be fulfilled again, as the gods hurl city destroying weapons at each other in their flying vehicles.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hey the direct fight in Libya is between the UAE and Turkey.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Woo-hoo! 800 - 1000 troops entered a foreign country that has the largest standing army in the world as well as nuclear bombs?

The Great Game continues, gingerly.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Hey the direct fight in Libya is between the UAE and Turkey.

So had nothing to do with the removal of Gaddafi, leaving the area in a complete mess?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Every country tries to make gains.

At what point in any of my posts in this thread have I criticised China? In my capacity as a student of history, I was making an observation about their apparent long-term policy.

You will get into logical tangles if you try to use the double defence "They are entitled to do it" and "They are not going to do it". That's like the "It was an accident and anyway I wasn't there" defence of the careless kitchen-maid. If your concern is to defend China from critics, why not focus your fire on the critics?

There is no short term to take over Taiwan, there is no long term to take over Taiwan. 98% of people on here believe and want China to attack Taiwan.

It is not going to happen as long as China rely on the rest of the work for their economy , unless they find another way to boost their economy that dies not involve trade.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Raggedyman
When China invaded Tibet the Tibetans cheered on the street the end of the Dalai Lama and his oppressive dictatorship

You cannot get away with this that comment unchallenged. You have been reading too much propaganda.
The Chinese invasion and occupation of Tibet was an affront at the time and remains a human rights tragedy. China is a repressive regime which is bent on snubbing out Tibetan identity and culture. The list of crimes and wrongs against Tibet and the Tibetans meted out by the Chinese Communists is a sad tale.

To the OP. China has a whole string of territorial claims, such as the ludicrous claim for the entire South China Sea. China also claims parts of India and there has been the occasional border conflicts and constant incursions into India. China has a massive trade surplus with India so would be wary of antagonising India and threatening that trade.

And you are going to get away with your opinion?
Dismissed

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Auto, I could list thousands of different references, links, books and articles though
Some people are to arrogant, to dumb or and just don’t care

If you want to read history, it’s not on me to tell you.
Due diligence
This is not Gilligan’s island

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Is this what you are saying? No one is saying China was not brutal in Tibet, because they were, but Tibet was an absolute hell hole begore.

I'm saying China's invasion and occupation of Tibet is an affront. Their continued human rights abuse and repression of Tibet is also an affront.

Tibet before the violent invasion was a crap hole, there is no doubt about that. Was China any better? However, that does not justify China's invasion and occupation and the eradication of Tibetan culture and identity. China now use Tibet's backwardness as the driver for the invasion, but that's just an excuse that makes good copy in the propaganda.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Is this what you are saying? No one is saying China was not brutal in Tibet, because they were, but Tibet was an absolute hell hole begore.

I'm saying China's invasion and occupation of Tibet is an affront. Their continued human rights abuse and repression of Tibet is also an affront.

Tibet before the violent invasion was a crap hole, there is no doubt about that. Was China any better? However, that does not justify China's invasion and occupation and the eradication of Tibetan culture and identity. China now use Tibet's backwardness as the driver for the invasion, but that's just an excuse that makes good copy in the propaganda.

Have you been to Tibet. My wife used to be a film maker, and she actually made a film about Tibet. She travelled Tibet, and no way is it as bad as the West make out. There culture is still there, hence the reason many people around the world go to Tibet.

But again, it's western propaganda. How many people actually think Tibet was heaven on earth before Chinese rule? Quite a lot I would think.

Now they have schools, roads medical facilities etc. But no way shape or form am I condoning some of the things the chinese givernment has done, because some of it is truely horrible.

But before China, the people suffered a lot worse under Lana rule, then they do now. That cannot be denied.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
And the UK and France were the primary instorators to that overthrow. But we are talking this year, not none years ago.

The war in Libya is betwean the UAE and Turkey as they are the primary benefactors that are supplying rhe cash, logistics and manpower.
Turkey pulls from syrian militants to boost the domestic forces on one side, the UAE does the same on the opposite paradigm. It supplements the domestic forces on their side with regional mercenaries and utilize their own drone fleet with occasional Egyptian air force support.

With both primary beligerants in that conflict being USA allies, how would you explain the USA role in this case??

Oh but back on topic, I suspect an escalation in tensions is long overdue.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

" Tibetans cheered on the street the end of the Dalai Lama and his oppressive dictatorship "

That is a PURE Falsehood and a LAME Attempt at Propaganda ! ...................DENY IGNORANCE Rags........

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I believe you said your wife is chinese though no? Perhaps once again your bias is showing

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
And the UK and France were the primary instorators to that overthrow. But we are talking this year, not none years ago.

The war in Libya is betwean the UAE and Turkey as they are the primary benefactors that are supplying rhe cash, logistics and manpower.
Turkey pulls from syrian militants to boost the domestic forces on one side, the UAE does the same on the opposite paradigm. It supplements the domestic forces on their side with regional mercenaries and utilize their own drone fleet with occasional Egyptian air force support.

With both primary beligerants in that conflict being USA allies, how would you explain the USA role in this case??

Oh but back on topic, I suspect an escalation in tensions is long overdue.

The US military had a supporting role in the campaign of air strikes against Libya. And let's not forget Hillary Clinton's emails. Funny how the invasion happend before a creation of an independent hard currency in Africa that would free the continent from economic bondage under the dollar,

Was that a coincidence? I think not. When the American government invade a country, there is always an agenda. Yeah we hear it's to "free the people" they do not give a crap about the people. They do not give a crap about their own people, just like Chinese givernment do not give a crap about their people.

People never learn.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

I believe you said your wife is chinese though no? Perhaps once again your bias is showing

Are you serious? Sadly, I think you are! My wife made an independent documentary regarding Tibet, but because she is Chinese, then that does not count! What a stupid thing to say. My wife knows full well about what her givernment is capable of and the things they have done, as I am sure you are aware of the horrors your own government has done.

Not all chinese people lie, and not all chinese people are cool with what their government does.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Maybe they dont have a plan and just do random nervous stuff as a preventive posture as they see the rage coming because of the virus rather soon

Imo that would be out of character for china.
They always seem to have a plan.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join