It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists believe cannabis could help prevent and treat coronavirus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I couldn't find a thread on this yet surprisingly.

According to a study ran by scientists at the University of Lethbridge in Canada, certain strains of hemp high in cbd could help prevent and treat Covid19.

Researchers from the University of Lethbridge said a study in April showed at least 13 cannabis plants were high in CBD that appeared to affect the ACE2 pathways that the bug uses to access the body.

The results, printed in online journal Preprints, indicated hemp extracts high in CBD may help block proteins that provide a “gateway” for COVID-19 to enter host cells.

So obviously just taking a hit from your bong with your favorite strain is probably not going to do the trick. A mouth wash with cbd extract or an inhaler would be more likely.

The study claims up to an 80% reduction in contracting a Covid19 infection.

Kovalchuk’s husband, Igor, suggested cannabis could reduce the virus’ entry points by up to 70 percent. “Therefore, you have more chance to fight it,” he told CTV

It still needs to be peer reviewed however this is some good news. It would be a very cheap and safe treatment if proven effective.

New York Post

edit on 24-5-2020 by Wafflecoptor because: Grammer

+9 more 
posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wafflecoptor

Nope, I’m pretty sure just taking a rip is the cure. Do it daily. It’s good for the soul.

#fu##covid-19

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wow, so the state making cannabis legal and the people in the UP toking since there was nothing to do helped to keep the deaths down in the UP of Michigan. Cool, I have some hemp endocanabinoid tablets, I will just pop one of those if I get sick.

edit on 24-5-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Hey, I'm not arguing it's good for the soul, if only taking a hit everyday would do the job, I would be happy and immune. Maybe a high cbd and thc strain is what we need.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Are CBD shops essential? I might have to make a stop.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Besides my super natural immune system, hitting it hard for two months before taking a break, helped me.

Awesome!

In another month , time to hit it again.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I suppose you could simply chew the weed stalks at a push for the CBD extract, their only wastage anyways.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Can I at least put some hot sauce on it? I can't imagine chewing sticks being enjoyable

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I did say at a push. LoL

Anyhoo, waste not, want not, especially if it retards or prevents COVID 19.

Then again that's probably a bit of a stretch also.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Been partaking since I was 14 so 39 years?
Pretty sure I'm invincible!

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

The question is, what strains prevent corona and are you smoking the right ones?

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I suppose we will see in time, if it's peer reviewed any time soon. Or maybe the scientific community won't even bother with it and we never hear anything about this again. That's probably more likely.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wafflecoptor

The question is, what strains prevent corona and are you smoking the right ones?

I don't think it matters, at this point I have had enough of all kinds in me to kill any plague that comes at me. Whichever ones repel the covid are most likely stored in my fat cells somewhere. Some people drink beer every day, I'm not one of those people.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Some people drink beer every day, I'm not one of those people.

Shout out for this right here.

I smoke to feel normal. Stopped drinking in my 40"s, never looked back.

Come to think of it, I was healthy then. Maybe should have took a peek.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I got mines

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
So, is there anything that cannabis doesn't make better? I've been partaking daily for 45 years now and I'm strong, healthy and active. And I take absolutely no medications... other than the occasional ibuprofen for my back. I consider it a gift from God to mankind. Thank you, God.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
MJ is a World Class FULL SPECTRUM Anti-Parasitic/Bacterial agent that can be administered to the body in many different ways to many different areas enableing it to project Full Spectrum logistical and Remedial impacts.

We have know this for thousands of years...the knowledge was intentionally in a weaponised manner suppressed from mainstream evolution and growth.

Even the legalisation and over promotion of combusting MJ detracts from its true values...combustion is the least remedial method of using MJ.

Fact is...legalisation happened so the truths of MJ would not be officially entered into Courts of law as evidence by the Pro-MJ Medical Community of people using it in a remedial manner.

Telling the complete truth of MJs Remedial Anti-parasitic/Bacterial agent properties is exactly like telling the truth about Sweet Annie or Wormwood and its World Class Full Spectrum Anti-Parasitic/Bacterial impacts…..It destroys the Global Cabal....because it eradicates cancer and covid and all the other diseases intentionally farmed into us using our own bodies bionome...and with a 1000% certainty this cat will never fit back into the Bag its much much to big already.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Why drink and drive when you can smoke dope and fly.

Cbd should be part of our everyday diets, it has so many benefits.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Weed is also an impressive tool to make obeying slaves from humans.

A must for every escapist.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Why drink and drive when you can smoke dope and fly.

Cbd should be part of our everyday diets, it has so many benefits.

Cbd has lots of potential,

So it`s awesome they mainly create these high thc acid strains innit?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join