It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists believe cannabis could help prevent and treat coronavirus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Absolutely from a using it as a medicine perspective.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

First let me say that you're wrong on all accounts, you seem to lump everyone who smokes together like we're all losers who do nothing with our lives but smoke weed all day. Do you call all people who drink alcohol alcoholics? Or people who take over the counter meds daily to manage pain druggies? Most of us who partake are responsible everyday people who have jobs, houses, bills and cause no trouble for other people.

You would be surprised at who you work with or know that smoke who you never thought would, the old grandma greeting at Walmart, maybe even in your own family who you never imagined would touch the stuff.

Just don't be too quick to judge.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I believe it's safer than most man made drugs but
a short tolerance break cant be a proof of a lack of withdrawal symptoms. It takes months to clean cannabinoids stored in your fat. (Which is why it's no big deal when you quit cold turkey.) Only then you can evaluate your new normal and level of happiness and see how your endocannabinoid system adjusted itself after being used to insane overloads for years. Irritability comes and goes. I've found that it comes later when it's like someone flipped a switch off and it's waiting for a dose even after a year. You never reach these levels naturally. It's like a PC without internet connection or with dial-up but your social media accounts banned
. Also THC withdrawal and CBD withdrawal are different. You have no way to properly test neither effect nor withdrawals without a long cleaning periods. Not even a new strain.
I personally dont like a plant messing with and reprogramming my system when it's well tuned. Sometimes it can be healing and educational though.
edit on 25/5/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wafflecoptor

Arent you a bit prissy? He even said it's a joke.
Very few people judge "herbalists" like that these days because so many people use the herb openly. It's like you are new to the party and you've missed a decade or so.
Actually we may be too uncritical in some cases but there's still less harm compared to other problems in the society like prescription drugs, opioid crysis, you name it. It makes sense to solve the worst problems first, yeah

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Haha hardly new to the party, I probably did overreact to his comment, I was still in battle mode from his last replies lol

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wafflecoptor
a reply to: rickymouse

Are CBD shops essential? I might have to make a stop.

They are in the PNW - no joke!

And they are also real real busy.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Been waiting for this to drop. Was gonna mention it earlier but didn't want to sound like "that guy". Many of us that work with cannabis and understand it's medical properties have been speculating this.

I have yet to see a heavy cannabis user effected negativity by this virus yet. Has anyone else?

I think we would have to define heavy user here but the short answer is no.

I have several friends who consume MJ/CBD frequently and I do occasionally. My wife does periodically as well - at the direction of her Neurologist for severe headaches.

I actually find that people I’ve known who smoke/eat/vape a fair amount of MJ tend to be healthier in general. Most of these folks are smart, active and successful people - and they aren’t obese or unmotivated.

What I find funny is that just about every major demographic of the population has a fair amount of people who drink alcohol. Rich, poor, black, white, Asian, Mexican, white collar, blue collar - everyone. This is largely viewed as socially acceptable. Some may abstain, but many folks don’t. Yet I can say conclusively the destructive nature of alcohol wildly exceeds that of MJ. In fact, MJ has numerous benefits - that a lot of very smart and highly successful people I know enjoy.

I’d argue the days of painting people who smoke a joint or eat edibles as lazy stoners are well in the rear view. If you haven’t walked into a real high end cannabis shop, then you haven’t seen how this landscape has changed. These shops aren’t shady, aren’t cheap, are exceptionally clean/high tech/above board and take both their business and their product seriously. These shops aren’t the HS dropout who slangs bags behind Subway.

Like anything else, abuse or overuse can lead to problems. I’ve seen some burned out hippies so there’s no doubt about that. The typical user these days I encounter though is employed, smart, Very busy and just wants something to take the edge off or explore their creative side that doesn’t give them a hangover in the morning.

Done right, it’s medicine. Done wrong, you’ll be living in a van down by the river.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Besides.. Not a good idea to give people more reasons to "self medicate" everyday.

.. People must be really sick when we need all these meds all the time...

Man has been getting high, since the dawn of man..get over it.

I'm very pro mj, but when a paper is published, I'll accept the claims.
edit on 25-5-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

a reply to: KKLOCO

MJ makes you think like a box,

Teonacacatl makes you think outside of the box.

?

LMFAO 😂🤣🤪😜

You’re referencing psychedelics — yet downplaying MJ repeatedly?!?!

You are confused my son.

They work hand, in hand.

Conversation over. Very conflicted you are. I hope you find your way.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight

a reply to: one4all

Weed is also an impressive tool to make obeying slaves from humans.

A must for every escapist.

I cannot embark onboard on this,
or your spin....

Well, maybe a little.
It does not automatically bring out the best in every one.

# 1114

Let me end this with a little joke,

Three reasons a pothead has to adjust tolerance.

1. You smoked up all your homegrown.
2.The dealer is dry.
3.You have no more money.

I’m sorry, I can’t help myself.

Let me end this with a little parity.

3 +1 reasons you are so judgement of MJ:

1. You were a pothead (the lazy kind)
2. It destroyed all your relationships (Cuz lazy)
3. Video games in moms basement = YES
4. A very convenient excuse for your own inactivity

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Yeah that`s right, i say some truths about your pacifier and about potheads in general, you attack me on a personal level.

Like a big boi.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Taking it every day for 2 years oil form and am an oldster. Has helped me in so many ways physically and am so grateful.

I also suspected it might help avert this covid virus but the government will never do studies. This country is so so backward. Either that or big pharma is still controlling it all. Still; forever.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wafflecoptor
a reply to: andy06shake

Can I at least put some hot sauce on it? I can't imagine chewing sticks being enjoyable
get a hot sauce made with CBD to cover all bases

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge Or I could get my favorite hot sauce and put some cbd oil in it, it's perfect

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Been partaking since I was 14 so 39 years?
Pretty sure I'm invincible!

How much you smoke a week? The stuff I take needs to be taken at least 4 times a day . Lol

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Lost my job, that counts right?

a reply to: JAY1980

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
So, is there anything that cannabis doesn't make better? I've been partaking daily for 45 years now and I'm strong, healthy and active. And I take absolutely no medications... other than the occasional ibuprofen for my back. I consider it a gift from God to mankind. Thank you, God.

i agree , why do humans have an endo cannabinoid system ,because our species has used it for millenia for health reasons for over 10,000 years we have been eating and smoking this plant
it is a super plant and is a direct opponent to pharma and food monopolies

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Same reasoning goes for scopolamine.

Maybe we should all start using that?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Its so awesome weed causes zero problems and his just like eating cereals, no bad thing can happen to an individual or society because of this medicine.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Its so awesome weed causes zero problems and his just like eating cereals, no bad thing can happen to an individual or society because of this medicine.

And yet you still don't seem to think booze is as bad in your view or worse. Honestly, that says you're not worth debating with if you turn a blind eye to the substance that has one of the highest rates of health, life & family destruction short of opiates or meth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join