It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists believe cannabis could help prevent and treat coronavirus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Of course it's a consumer's market, getting high is where it's at and CBD can lessen the effect of thc.

Reality is only a very small percentage of mj users will take CBD only.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wafflecoptor
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

The question is, what strains prevent corona and are you smoking the right ones?

Smoking will not kill Parasites/Bacteria....and covid is a Parasite supported Pleomorphic bacteria....any full spectrum strain will do as a fine Anti-Parasitic/Bacterial remedial agent.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
As an aussie I cannot keep up with the legislation in each of the USA's 50 states. Is there a state where I can openly smoke marijuana, get stoned and wander around with out the police arresting me?

Just askin thanks,

Bally

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: one4all

Weed is also an impressive tool to make obeying slaves from humans.

A must for every escapist.

Alcohol and MJ are both REMEDIAL Anti-parasitc/Bacterial agents with what we consider pleasurable side effects...this is because of the conduits the remedy acesss to do its job and the messages the body sends while the remedial work is being done.Unfortunately what we call the "pleasure feeling" is really a Primal Alpha message overriding everything else. Its where cravings are catalysed.

Nothing escapist...just misuse.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Well for Covid it's not necessarily directly eliminated by weed, it's just that the path for infection is cut off. The virus is still there however it has a much harder time getting to where it can do real damage.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

There are currently 11 states that are fully legal for anyone over 21 to smoke. You can walk around high all you want however just like alcohol, you can't smoke in public or drive high. You can get away with consuming edibles in public since it's not obvious you're getting high, a cop won't stop you for eating a cookie

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: solve

Weed is also an impressive tool to make obeying slaves from humans.

A must for every escapist.

Alcohol and MJ are both REMEDIAL Anti-parasitc/Bacterial agents with what we consider pleasurable side effects...this is because of the conduits the remedy acesss to do its job and the messages the body sends while the remedial work is being done.Unfortunately what we call the "pleasure feeling" is really a Primal Alpha message overriding everything else. Its where cravings are catalysed.

Nothing escapist...just misuse.

I'm completely immune to everything then.

What we call pleasure feeling is what we call pleasure. Every feeling you can feel about or from anything, drugs or not, is produced by the various receptors in your brain being tweaked a certain way.

Opioids work on mu opioid receptors (as does kratom), thc works on cb-1 receptors, all of it increases dopamine release which is the chemical that makes you seek a reward and the feeling of being satisfied by something, anything. Alcohol works on gaba-a receptors like anxiety pills. They're cross tolerant if you're dependent on either (using one can lessen or stop withdrawal from the other). Opiates and opioids are the same way. The buzz from toothache medicine isn't that much different from heroin, more dopamine is just released so you want the next dose that much more. Toothache pills in the right amount can make heroin withdrawal go away and vice versa. It all depends on which receptors are agonized.

Agonize is to function greater, antagonize the opposite. Up regulate and down regulate. When receptors are used to being up regulated, they're down regulated in the absence of the agonizing chemical. That causes symptoms that are roughly the opposite of the effects felt when it was used. The greater the effects, the worse the symptoms. The longer the up regulation, the longer the down.

If you're thirsty and drink a glass of ice cold water, dopamine was building in anticipation of it and the feeling of satisfaction from drinking it is like the re-uptake of all that raging dopamine. You're satisfied, it feels good even though it hasn't begun to "digest" or get utilized yet.

Cociane inhibits the re-uptake of dopamine, thus you go crazy for great reward and crave it when it wears off.
edit on 25-5-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Wafflecoptor

It probably might work for animals that can get viruses too

edit on 25-5-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Feeling pleasure or experiencing addiction?

Most users can not tell them apart.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Besides.. Not a good idea to give people more reasons to "self medicate" everyday.

.. People must be really sick when we need all these meds all the time...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
My mate gave me a packet of Love Hemp CDB chocolate balls...... omg they are amazing.

They are half price until midnight today.... best value is to buy the 250g bag..... go to love hemp site....everything has 50% off.

Love Hemp® CBD Chocolate Bites 100mg CBD Family Bag - 250g
love-hemp.com...

Only need to eat a couple. I sent for 5 bags.

What a great way to protect yourself from Covid!!
edit on 25-5-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Been partaking since I was 14 so 39 years?
Pretty sure I'm invincible!

I bet you fail when it comes to doing the washing up though.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
As an aussie I cannot keep up with the legislation in each of the USA's 50 states. Is there a state where I can openly smoke marijuana, get stoned and wander around with out the police arresting me?

Just askin thanks,

Bally

Just about anywhere so long as you dont get caught, part of the fun.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Am I the only one conditioned into thinking that your Inappropriate avatar is now blowing little covids on us?

Yeah, SWIM was a CBD guy for the last decade before it became a fashion. Growing, breeding, smoking, eating, absorbing through skin
If viruses are kinda energetic and mental transfer of dis-ease then I'm a believer because from my experience CBD is social distancing you inside. The opposite of what THC does. THC lowers immunity but IMO is better for the spirit.

Yeah, and it manifests itself in a culture dish too
how-can-cbd-help-with-coronavirus- cytokine-storm?
edit on 25/5/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Scientists believe cannabis could help prevent and treat coronavirus

They know it's true as they themselves tested it extensively.
The test subjects ?
Themselves.
I can see it now...
A Cheech and Chong movie.

edit on 5/25/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Been waiting for this to drop. Was gonna mention it earlier but didn't want to sound like "that guy". Many of us that work with cannabis and understand it's medical properties have been speculating this.

I have yet to see a heavy cannabis user effected negativity by this virus yet. Has anyone else?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Nobody in the history of the entire world gives a toss about what you think when it comes to their "everyday."

A world led by chinless incompetents is reason enough to medicate. Busybodies are why it tastes so good.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Been partaking since I was 14 so 39 years?
Pretty sure I'm invincible!

I bet you fail when it comes to doing the washing up though.

Anything that gets washed around here it is I doing the washing- laundry, dishes, the car, the dog, whatever. Except the husband... fortunately he washes himself!

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Nobody in the history of the entire world gives a toss about what you think when it comes to their "everyday."

A world led by chinless incompetents is reason enough to medicate. Busybodies are why it tastes so good.

I do not care about what people do in the privacy of their own homes, it starts to bug me when they come up with bogus claims about the "healing properties" of smoking weed.

First it was reefer madness, now they are basically telling that every human being needs to be high all day every day. No middle ground, so we end up in a situation where everything regarding this matter is either pro- or against, but all propaganda.

And nobody talks about the real dangers of MJ.
Even users claim it is not addictive even though every single one of them damn knows this to be true, they are just so used to lying to themselves and finding excuses.

edit on 25-5-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

Edit, and cheers for making a good point, "a world led by chinless incompetents is reason enough to medicate" So basically you think we should just get high, and that will make it all go away? This is exactly why i said MJ makes good slaves.
edit on 25-5-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

CBD isn't effective alone though. THC and.CBD work with eachother. Ideally, you want a high CBD low THC, not no THC, product for maximum medical efficacy. Preferably with the plant terpenes and oils in tact.

edit on 25/5/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join