It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump designates places of worship as essential and orders them to be opened immediately

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Sorry, but I think my neighbors might be a little upset if I start shooting the deer or other critters that happen to venture into my small back yard and my front yard would be even more upsetting to the drivers on the highway in front of my house.
Your idea that anyone can just stay inside is ludicrous!!

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: rickymouse
If people want to go to church, they should be able to, you are not forced to go to church.

Same goes for businesses... well, everything.

No one is forced to leave their homes.

The world is officially insane.

Yeah, you are totally correct. They are going to have morning hours in the stores here for Senior Citizens and immune compromised people for a while. It kind of sucks that once you retire you still need to get up early to go to the store though. Well, I have no problem with it, but the wife feels entitled, she wants to go out shopping in the afternoon when all the people out because she meets more people she knows. Grocery shopping is a social event in little towns, maybe even in cities. People tend to go shopping when they know their friends will be shopping....unless of course they are shopping for something they do not want their friends to know they are buying.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thanks. I generally appreciate your posts too, even if I don't' concur.

I really really wanted to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on Election Night. He came out, gave a great speech.

He said he wanted to be the President for all Americans. The next morning, he was back at the same irrational schtick he used on the campaign trail.

I realized that wasn't poltiics ... that was Trump.

YMMV. Thanks for the chat.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I realized that wasn't poltiics ... that was Trump.

YMMV. Thanks for the chat.

Do you think the extreme attacks from even before day one might have helped him to be offensive/defensive from day one too? There has not been a President in the past with this instant hate towards them, and to add like gas on a fire is this massive media platform that allows everyone a voice minute by minute. Even Presidents in the past that maybe had a group that disliked them would post in a new paper as the fastest mode, today it is 24/7 media attacking on everything he does and the only narrative is bad, even good stuff is spun bad, or just not covered at all.

The reality is that I don't think it bothers him too much and he treats it like a competition, but it drives me crazy when the right is basically just reacting to the crap the left pulls first then people like you complain about them reacting without really focusing on why.

Just for example: When Trump didn't wear a mask giving a speech at the Ford plant everyone on the left went crazy. The Governor, mayor, new agencies, the WOKE so on and so forth. He broke laws!! Kick him out of the state!! Fine Ford for letting it happen!! He thinks he is above the law!! and about 100 more like statements.

Then we find out he actually did wear a mask and goggles until the speech, he gets tested daily too, but the media didn't want that part to be included in their anti-Trump narrative. Even a poster here freaked out with over a dozen posts and finally said he should be arrested since he does impeachable acts everyday.

This is one example of an endless stream of the same thing day in and day out, so how should anyone including the President react to it all?

edit on 25-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That word does not mean what you seem to think it does. The right is reactionary for the most part, by definition. The farther right, the more reactionary.

dictionary.cambridge.org...
www.thefreedictionary.com...

edit on 5/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That word does not mean what you seem to think it does. The right is reactionary for the most part, by definition. The farther right, the more reactionary.

dictionary.cambridge.org...
www.thefreedictionary.com...

Thanks, fixed

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

This is one example of an endless stream of the same thing day in and day out, so how should anyone including the President react to it all?

With dignity?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You and I live in different worlds.

The reality is Mr. Trump is and has been in mid-to-late stage dementia.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

With dignity?

Well maybe if he was a life long politician, but we all know he is not, and will never be. When you suggest this I wonder if all you want to see is a WOKE Presidential mask on the President without actually looking to see the face behind it. Trump is most likely not even in the top 50% for lacking dignity...I almost laugh when people suggest what should be Presidential attributes if one was to use past Presidents as a model for them.

When looking behind the mask Trump has done a good deal more for the country than either Obama or Bush had done.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

When looking behind the mask Trump has done a good deal more for the country than either Obama or Bush had done.

Yeah. He's done some stuff. How much has been beneficial and for whom, is arguable.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

OK Dr..... Where would you put Biden? If Trump has dementia then he has had it for 50 years as he is the same person today as back then.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Yeah. He's done some stuff. How much has been beneficial and for whom, is arguable.

Well he has not killed Americans...we can start there...lol, He hasn't caused endless wars, Blown up the housing bubble, kept us in a recession for 8 years...With the last two Presidents it is easier to say what he hasn't done that they did to make it a win for him.

Just quickly off the top of my head....

Working, or trying to work through his election pledges...

I would say reversing Biden's 1994 crime law and creating a 250 million dollar per year fund for black colleges and universities that basically pulled them out of extinction. Makes me wonder why didn't Obama do this... Obama fueled more of a anti-police mentality than anything else that may have benefited minorities.

Being tough on China...is about the biggest thing I can really say that he brings to the table that Hillary or Biden would not have done/do...To me that is a big deal...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

OK Dr..... Where would you put Biden? If Trump has dementia then he has had it for 50 years as he is the same person today as back then.

As I said, you and I live in different worlds.

In my world, the first major shift in Trump's behavior, demeanor and speech patterns started circa 2014.

BIden? He's not as sharp as he was. He's always been the way he is. He speaks before he thinks, and he's stubborn once he's spoken. He would not be my choice for President.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

A recovery which began well before he took office continued after he did so.

But this is not really what the thread is about.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

BIden? He's not as sharp as he was. He's always been the way he is. He speaks before he thinks, and he's stubborn once he's spoken. He would not be my choice for President.

That is total bull sh@t, and you know it... He is much worst than you suggest as he can't string 3 sentences together without losing his train of thought. He can't even talk about even simple things without gaffing. This whole excuse that he has a speech impediment is bull crap too. Listen to him 10 years ago and he was a much different person than today.

Trump is actually the person who speaks before he thinks... Trump has like no filter and that gets him into trouble, but he can also speak for hours on end without a teleprompter and even Obama couldn't do that. I would like to see Biden off script for 10 mins...lol

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

A recovery which began well before he took office continued after he did so.

But this is not really what the thread is about.

I didn't say Trump started the recovery. I said it took Obama about 8 years...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

but he can also speak for hours on end without a teleprompter and even Obama couldn't do that.

Repeating the same phrase 7 or 8 times doesn't really qualify as good speechifying. Nor does a string of absurd superlatives.

Fidel Castro was known for similar oratory "skills."

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Repeating the same phrase 7 or 8 times doesn't really qualify as good speechifying. Nor does a string of absurd superlatives.

Fidel Castro was known for similar oratory "skills."

Seems to have worked well for Castro...

Trump is actually entertaining and that is why he overflows the max seating anywhere he goes. There is a skill there, you are a lot smarter than Trump, so how would you draw 10,000s? It seems his Democratic candidates all lacked whatever skill Trump/Castro brings too...Ever listen to one of Warren's speeches...holy crap they are bad as all 50 people there would pass out before she was finished, and here we have a highly intelligent professor... I can just imagine what it would be like in one of her classes.

I can't wait to see Biden on stage 1 on 1... can you?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: tanstaafl
Sorry, but I think my neighbors might be a little upset if I start shooting the deer or other critters that happen to venture into my small back yard and my front yard would be even more upsetting to the drivers on the highway in front of my house.
Your idea that anyone can just stay inside is ludicrous!!

So you are in favor of abolishing the lockdown! Great! Welcome to the land of the living!

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They are going to have morning hours in the stores here for Senior Citizens and immune compromised people for a while. It kind of sucks that once you retire you still need to get up early to go to the store though.

Yeah, personally, I think they should have entire days dedicated for both Seniors and those at great risk... require them all to wear masks, etc.

Then on other normal days, no masks, encouraged social distancing, but thats it...

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join