It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had my first "mask" confrontation!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: curme
So a guy politely (he says maam) tries to help you out, and you cuss him out and flip him a the bird??? This is your success story???

My Lord! What has this country become?

Guy didn't "politely" say anything.
A large man coming across a parking lot to confront a lone woman is in no way, shape or form "polite" despite the use of the word ma'am. If I call you sugar it doesn't mean I'm being sweet to you- it means I'm being condescending and most likely being downright ugly depending on my tone and the look I give you when saying it.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Just be glad you weren't on plane and the flight attendant said that.
You would TSA, FBI, DHS and Barney Fife waiting for you at the door when you landed.

a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Well I wasn't on a plane and he wasn't a flight attendant nor even an employee of the store. He was an uppity asshat bent on virtue signalling and it backfired on him.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I remember when seat belts were totally optional. Then state by state the laws changed. Boy did people complain big time. I could replace face mask for seatbelt and it was exactly the same sentiments people are feeling right now.

Not saying it is right or wrong, but it very much reminds me of that time.

For the youngins, imagine this...cars didn’t have cup holders, you had to put your beer in this plastic holder you hooked to your window. You also had to manually roll down your window. The front seat was huge and could fit a family of five. My dad used to let us sit on his lap and practice driving when we were very young, like 5 or 6. Nobody used seat belts and some cars didn’t have them.

edit on 13-5-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

originally posted by: solve

Just some random dude or an employee?

Random dude! Store employees don't care, they don't want to wear them either.
Just some stranger in the parking lot.

I guess when they all get sick and die we won't even be able to get groceries.

Honestly. Whether you believe TPTB or not (and I'm really not sure I do) what is it really going to hurt for you to just wear the damn thing if you have one? If every word of it is true then this is a dangerous scrap of land to fight over. If every word of it is a lie, you lose absolutely nothing but maybe a few notches off your pride. And bonus points, you'll blend and people won't pester you. Do you really need more stress in your life this bad that you deliberately antagonize people? And don't tell me you weren't just hoping someone would say something. Obviously you had what you would say all planned out.

The dude antagonized me. If he didn't want it back he shouldn't have bothered me. I had no planned speech, more was shocked that someone would go out of their way to approach me in that manner. If I choose not to mask up that is my business and for reasons of my own. If others choose to get in my space they put themselves at risk of their own free will. I keep my distance from people, if they do not keep their distance from me that is on them.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Was the same when I was growing up. Days of riding in the back of the truck, no car seats, etc. When seatbelts became mandatory I started using them. Thing is wearing a mask is not mandatory so I'm not wearing one. I tried wearing one and literally nearly passed out in a store with an asthma attack, luckily had thrown my inhaler in my purse before I left the house. I hadn't had an attack like that in a long while and hadn't had to use my inhaler for months. I shouldn't have to explain that to a stranger in a parking lot- it was none of his business and he shouldn't have approached me to start with.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

He was out of line. Some people just like to act bossy.

I do believe there are benefits to wearing a mask if you know how to put it on and take it off right. I really don’t think a lot of the masks being made are that good. I sew as a hobby and there really is a big difference in fit/filtering depending on cut & fabric.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

He was out of line. Some people just like to act bossy.

I do believe there are benefits to wearing a mask if you know how to put it on and take it off right. I really don’t think a lot of the masks being made are that good. I sew as a hobby and there really is a big difference in fit/filtering depending on cut & fabric.

I liked your comparison to the seatbelt laws, but do we actually know if masks help?

I am going to dive into this research from Denis G. Rancourt, PhD Researcher, Ontario Civil Liberties Association.

Haven't dove into the data yet, but here is a little sample:

“We identified 6 clinical studies ... In the meta-analysis of the clinical studies, we found no significant difference between N95 respirators and surgical masks in associated risk of (a) laboratory-confirmed respiratory infection, (b) influenza-like illness, or (c) reported work-place absenteeism.”

LINK

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I love you! Just sayin
The fact that your on here and we obviously think alike.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Just had my first "mask" confrontation!

He's the funny part.

When EVERYONE else is wearing a mask, and your not ?

It doesn't make one bit of difference.

They can't 'infect' you.

You can't infect them..

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I thought you were pretty rude about it.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The saddest part of all this is that if they are demanding you wear a surgical type mask like I see 75% of people wearing, they have no ability to protect the person wearing it. I know about masks I sell them, it's part of my job, and we have been in touch with the hospitals they even told us.
The only thing that protects both parties is a NOISH approved N95 mask with 2 elastics and no valve, and a clean seal around the face, so no beards. Everything else is either failing you or the people around you, so if you don't have these don't bother wearing one, I don't because we sold out of them a month ago and won't have anymore for months.
I refuse to make myself uncomfortable with a mask that is not protecting myself, pointless and futile.

If you still don't know what these are after all this time here is the link to one.
Proper N95 Mask
edit on 13-5-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I thought the goto mask is a CBRN mask like the Fm40 or 50

B for biologic.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

All I can tell you is this is what the hospitals buyers for masks told us, when we were quoting them prices.
They rejected everything else we had, and told us why.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You stood up to someone that you thought was rude to you.

Bully.

Why would that be worthy of posting here?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
The saddest part of all this is that if they are demanding you wear a surgical type mask like I see 75% of people wearing, they have no ability to protect the person wearing it. I know about masks I sell them, it's part of my job, and we have been in touch with the hospitals they even told us.
The only thing that protects both parties is a NOISH approved N95 mask with 2 elastics and no valve, and a clean seal around the face, so no beards. Everything else is either failing you or the people around you, so if you don't have these don't bother wearing one, I don't because we sold out of them a month ago and won't have anymore for months.
I refuse to make myself uncomfortable with a mask that is not protecting myself, pointless and futile.

If you still don't know what these are after all this time here is the link to one.
Proper N95 Mask

Actually, I have one with a valve and you probably should have pointed out that if a person has one of these, you could block the valve so it functions just the same as one without a valve. Hot glue should do the trick as long as it's a perfect seal.
edit on 13-5-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Doubtful I'll ever have a "mask confrontation" here in Texas.
Open carry tends to quash a lot of noise, visually minimizes confrontations.

ganjoa

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Sounds like my little boy, who will be 4 in July. He is also bad about telling people "You are not so cute", which he heard from his sister when he was being a butt one day.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

What we're finding is businesses will not let you in either, nor bosses of some, to work or to buy things...

The lines are out the doors-6 rt apart, no carts...wait.

Those pi--ed off non mask wearers..their right...are not getting in.

And you can see the resignation on their faces...it's just a new world ....

Don't wear a mask. Fine. Then you're not buying plywood or hair color...that's how it is here in Mi the last few weeks (I've been out to stores, lake, parks the last few)...

*Yes, Im cleared to be out ie: Responder & ER Team
edit on 13-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

None of my business what other people do unless they're breaking the law.

I distance. I wear a mask.

I do get nasty looks for it from people not wearing masks.

It's none of their f'ing business.

That being said, there is proof, locally and nationally, that not masking and not distancing is resulting in virus blooms.

I'm wearing my GD mask for as long as I deem necessary.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

I completely support you wearing your mask. It's nobody's business what you decide to do for yourself and it damned sure is not the place of somebody else to tell you what you should be doing. You do what you feel is right for you!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join