It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had my first "mask" confrontation!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: hombero
I wonder if the next confrontation you write about won't be from your hospital bed after you've told the wrong person to ____ (insert the blank) off.

Just saying, people are acting crazy and you might get more than you bargain for with a big mouth like that.

a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

You obviously underestimate my wife. LMAO !

Please just tell me that wasnt you in the pink budgie smugglers from her last avatar.. even if it was.. say it wasnt.

Oh crap. missed that one. Unfortunately not me, but if she wanted , I would accommodate accordingly.

Double DOG DARE YOU!!!
But make sure its full butt speedos. Wouldnt want to upset anyone.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Ya, kids and toilet paper! I'm pretty sure as a kid, I remember rolling out enough to lead into the bowl and flushing, watching the roll unwind

I have 1 n95 stashed, one I reuse for the very odd day I can put in some work. For the store, I have a nice printed surgical type washable mask that a friend made. There is no obligation to wear at any of the 4 places I've been to in the last few months, they certainly don't mind if you do!. A 50/50 mix of those wearing, or not.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Youre a boomer... youre supposed to go sacrifice yourself for the future. Think if the childrens..

Funny that I just turned 60, but half my team is in their mid 30s and their health is total crap. High blood pressure, over weight, high cholesterol, poor diet, no real exercise, bad joints, always sick just an overall mess. When I was 35 I was still bullet proof...

Even today I have none of that except for my joints do hurt at times, but that is about it. I'll put my odds on me living through this pandemic over my teammates...lol

I'm going on 56 and in perfect health, other then the aches, especially when bad weather is coming. My big toe is a better at predicting weather than the NWS.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Youre a boomer... youre supposed to go sacrifice yourself for the future. Think if the childrens..

Funny that I just turned 60, but half my team is in their mid 30s and their health is total crap. High blood pressure, over weight, high cholesterol, poor diet, no real exercise, bad joints, always sick just an overall mess. When I was 35 I was still bullet proof...

Even today I have none of that except for my joints do hurt at times, but that is about it. I'll put my odds on me living through this pandemic over my teammates...lol

I still tell myself Im bulletproof... but man is life catching up to me. I would suggest to my younger self to ease up on contact sports and dumb decisions. LOL!!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
More unmasked heroes!!
Breaks arm of Target Employee

edit on 12-5-2020 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I wonder if the next confrontation you write about won't be from your hospital bed after you've told the wrong person to ____ (insert the blank) off.

Just saying, people are acting crazy and you might get more than you bargain for with a big mouth like that.

Please just tell me that wasnt you in the pink budgie smugglers from her last avatar.. even if it was.. say it wasnt.

Oh crap. missed that one. Unfortunately not me, but if she wanted , I would accommodate accordingly.

Double DOG DARE YOU!!!

About as close as I will come to that. Gotta keep my badass image going.......

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Double DOG DARE YOU!!!

About as close as I will come to that. Gotta keep my badass image going.......

LMFAO!!!!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
and how do you know whether or not you are one of the ones who has it but is asymtomatic....you DON'T know do you...and if you are and not wearing a mask YOU are exposing other people to the disease

originally posted by: Homefree
I walked into the store the other day to buy a couple beers.
The cashier told me he couldn't sell me anything until I put on a mask.
So I said "Thanks." and walked out with my free beer.
I refuse to walk around looking like a muzzled dog with fogged up glasses.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

And if 50 to 60% of people who get it are going to be asymptomatic ... how do any of us know that we aren't all already carrying it around? What's the point?

Look at the meatpacking plant they tested - every single employee had it. That was hundreds, and all but about 30 were asymptomatic.

Jeez, I wish I'd just get it already and fall over dead. Then y'all could dance on my grave with an orgy of "I told you so" and go on with your lives under your beds, but I'd be finally be free of it all.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
minions gotta bark at strangers.
thats why we are screwed.

the minions are already accepting dystopia.
the minions just need their netflix and sexbots to stay 'happy'

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
So a guy politely (he says maam) tries to help you out, and you cuss him out and flip him a the bird??? This is your success story???

My Lord! What has this country become?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Havent seen you in AGES.... I never forget you : the Bad Seed!

Let The GUT start posting and Ill be mighty happy!

Marge is going to wear her underwear on her face if she is told to wear a mask, so I suppose we are all safe.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Just be glad you weren't on plane and the flight attendant said that.
You would TSA, FBI, DHS and Barney Fife waiting for you at the door when you landed.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

You would TSA, FBI, DHS and Barney Fife waiting for you at the door when you landed.

I think most of us have said that it's one thing when it's a business rule, but this was some random dude, not an employee, coming out of his way to play morality police.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

And how do you know people who arent wearing masks haven't ALREADY HAD IT and have recovered and feel no need to continue to walk around in fear. You cowards need to learn people dont have to follow YOUR BS made up rules. If you're scared stay at home.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
yeah, my computer was down for quite a while...But the bad seed is back!!!

Havent seen you in AGES.... I never forget you : the Bad Seed!

Let The GUT start posting and Ill be mighty happy!

Marge is going to wear her underwear on her face if she is told to wear a mask, so I suppose we are all safe.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

... and bust your lip on accident helping you exit the plane so youre not late to your full body cavity search...

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The Bible says that “love is not ill-mannered.” (1 Corinthians 13:5, Today’s English Version) Good manners show that you respect others and that you’re developing a mature personality.

Amy Vanderbilt is a respected authority on the subject of manners, and she writes in her New Complete Book of Etiquette: “The finest rules for behavior are to be found in Chapter 13 of First Corinthians, the beautiful dissertation on charity by St. Paul. These rules have nothing to do with the fine points of dress nor with those of superficial manners. They have to do with feelings and attitudes, kindliness, and consideration of others.”

What Amy Vanderbilt referred to is the Biblical passage at 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, which says: “Love is long-​suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.”

What a rarity it would be to see love like this practiced today! Everywhere, all manners would be impeccable!

Learning how to voice the accepted everyday expressions of courtesy and consideration​—such as “Thank-​you,” “Please,” “Forgive me,” “I’m sorry”—​will do much to eliminate destructive friction in our associations. These are little words with big meanings. Everyone can say them properly. They cost us nothing, but with them we buy peace.

“Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men.” (Romans 12:17,18)

Good manners involve showing consideration for the feelings of others, according them respect, treating them as we would like for them to treat us. Many have noted, however, that manners themselves have undergone a breakdown. One writer said: “We are wanting in courtesy because individualism has gained the upper hand.” Philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer wrote: “Selfishness is such a horrible thing that we invented politeness to conceal it.” Today many believe that “polite” means “weak” and that putting others first is wimpy. Was it not the Me decade of the ’70’s that launched us into the present me-​first mode of living? One big-​city newspaper said: “The problem has reached the point where common decency can no longer be described as common.”

The New York Times International told about an English organization called the Polite Society that was formed because “people have become positively beastly to one another, and something must be done.” In a column in The Evening Standard, a broadcast journalist was moved to complain: “A nation once renowned for its civility is becoming a country of boors.”

How people dress, how people talk, how people cope with human relationships, how people repeatedly solve problems with violence​—television is a teacher. If we and our children take in a diet of fictitious and shallow programs, eventually our manners will reflect the sassy, disrespectful, and sarcastic attitudes of the characters we view.

The world finds satisfaction in speaking with loud, authoritative bluster​—interrupting, proud of being domineering, boisterous, condescending, provocative, challenging. It used to be that rude behavior was frowned upon by the community at large, and the perpetrator was ostracized. In today’s society a rude act can be committed without stigma being attached to the offender. And if anyone objects, he may come under verbal or physical assault! Some youths traveling in noisy groups fill the air with foul language, obscene gestures, offending observers with their crude conduct, all deliberately designed to attract attention to their defiant rebelliousness and to shock adults by their blatant display of rudeness. However, as it has been said, “rudeness is a weak man’s imitation of strength.”

It has also been said that the better a society is, the less law it needs. How about just one law? This one, for example: “All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must likewise do to them; this, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean.”​—Matthew 7:12.
edit on 12-5-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I love your post.
I aspire to be the person described in the different things you posted.

Id like to also point out that one doesnt have to be a christian or even believe the bible is divinely crafted to be a kind and polite person.

I am not great at this not am I a very good person maybe, but I actually strive to be kind and generous and always polite in real life. I dont curse. I dont yell. I take a breath and do my best to make sound decisions. My downfall is still Im demanding and ruthless about many things. I may serve the poor as I do, contribute, and etc.. but I am also vicious and judgmental. I just happen to be polite about it.. most of the time. I guess we are all only human and we have to work toward goodness even if we are dark.. and I should know. Ive spoken about this exact thing several times over the years here.. I know what I am and who I am and what I bring to the table. Of course this control took me half a century, but still...

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

originally posted by: solve

Just some random dude or an employee?

Random dude! Store employees don't care, they don't want to wear them either.
Just some stranger in the parking lot.

I guess when they all get sick and die we won't even be able to get groceries.

Honestly. Whether you believe TPTB or not (and I'm really not sure I do) what is it really going to hurt for you to just wear the damn thing if you have one? If every word of it is true then this is a dangerous scrap of land to fight over. If every word of it is a lie, you lose absolutely nothing but maybe a few notches off your pride. And bonus points, you'll blend and people won't pester you. Do you really need more stress in your life this bad that you deliberately antagonize people? And don't tell me you weren't just hoping someone would say something. Obviously you had what you would say all planned out.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join