It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had my first "mask" confrontation!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Advantage
I just thought to share this... you know Ive seen people driving in cars with masks on, people walking their dogs on my block with masks on, kids playing at the schoolyard right by my house with masks on... wtf.. Everyone seems to wear a bandana everywhere now like theyre all bandits..

I need a tandem of mulch and I usually go to the place and pay for it, shoot the sh** and grab a pick up load of compost while Im at it. Nope. Its all delivery only now and on the phone. WTF..

I still cant find toilet paper anywhere but the wholesale restaurant supply store. Prob cause I dont get up at the crack of dawn and stand in a line for hours to get in walmart. Im getting tired of this nonsense. Its freaking toilet paper folks... I also have to get off brand bleach for my hotel crisp whites.. which I like my towels to be. Its not what I want. I want clorox. Theyre sold out! I have to order clorox (shipping is a bitch) and powder chlorine because morons are hoarding bleach!

Im an apologist when it comes to masks as I see theyre a benefit in some instances and that makes me a moron apparently, but people are going way out of their way to wear masks everywhere doing everything. Its weird...

For the 1st time in a few months..I saw a shelf full of tp, literally the 1st time. It's good, as I was getting nervous looking at my last few rolls from the pack I bought 2 months ago.

Masks are hit or miss for me, hard to find n95s, I have worn one, the few days out of a whole month I could work. Also a few times in more crowded conditions..ie getting groceries,

LOL I hear you on the TP.. I have a bunch, but I get everything in bulk anyway... I just dont like the kind I was forced to get. My daughter and my grandkids moved back in. I dont know what they do with toilet paper, but they go through it like mad. I hid the TP and cut a magazine in strips and hung it over the roll holder... thinking that would get the point across. Nope. She just flipped out cause I cut up her Game Informer magazine and said the pages were slick and glossy so it wasnt good TP anyway. LOL! I just think its idiotic how people went berzerk for TP and hand sanitizer. As if they never wiped their butts or washed their hands before... maybe they didnt. Home Depot sells a bidet add on for a normal standard US toilet. I showed it to the husband and he said our 3 yr old grandson would think it was a drinking fountain. Hes probably right!

There are masks NOWHERE here for purchase unless youre going to a store and you dont have a mask. Its mandatory here. Theyll happily sell you one from the courtesy counter. I have a box ... a large box.. of masks from work. Im supposed to be wearing one BEFORE I enter the building.. and then stand in the sani-trough. Thats a shallow pan with a sponge thing that has some sanitizer in it for the soles of the shoes. They have hands free sanitizer stations about every 10 feet, I swear. Im gonna start reusing my masks so I can barter the rest for toilet paper.. the soft quilted kind.. before long.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I wonder if the next confrontation you write about won't be from your hospital bed after you've told the wrong person to ____ (insert the blank) off.

Just saying, people are acting crazy and you might get more than you bargain for with a big mouth like that.

a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Yeah. I already posted that people are fighting over it in some places. People don't like being told what to do, one way or the other.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Thanks for the good laugh

Have a great day

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
I wonder if the next confrontation you write about won't be from your hospital bed after you've told the wrong person to ____ (insert the blank) off.

Just saying, people are acting crazy and you might get more than you bargain for with a big mouth like that.

You obviously underestimate my wife. LMAO !

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Please just tell me that wasnt you in the pink budgie smugglers from her last avatar.. even if it was.. say it wasnt.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Please just tell me that wasnt you in the pink budgie smugglers from her last avatar.. even if it was.. say it wasnt.

Of course his proper reply to that question must be "I am Groot."

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have to wear a mask when I go into public spaces at work because of the places I go. Hospitals, medical office buildings and nursing homes.

Other than that, I don't wear a mask if not required. I don't buy into the fear, but if you do buy into it, not my problem. Kind of like smoking. I smoke, and if I am outside smoking and you come up to me complaining that I am smoking, go # yourself.Go somewhere else. My choice to take a chance on my health. Could be hit by a bus tomorrow for all I know, might as well enjoy myself.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

This big mouth says whatever it likes because I can back it up.
Dude didn't have any business coming at me. I'm normally a very nice person until somebody wants to act stupid. If he tried to get physical I can handle it. If he tried to pull out something on me I can handle that as well.

Once a long time ago I was using a pay phone at a convenience store. A couple of thugs came up to me trying to get nasty flirty and I told them to ___ off. They left me alone and I went in the store. Less than an hour later another woman went to use the same pay phone and the same guys started harassing her. She also (per witnesses) told them to ___ off. One of them blew her brains out. What I learned was that we are all at risk, all the time, so you might as well do what you want to do and say what you want to say. I'm not going to tip toe around people who are bothering me and quake in fear.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It wasn't him!
They made me change my avatar though.
I really liked that one too!

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Great story. I told a guy at the grocery store to “bite me” the other day. He tried to give me grief for going the wrong way down the isle. LOL! shut-up sheep, I am the wolf...

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

It wasn't him!
They made me change my avatar though.
I really liked that one too!

LOL!!! Jusat giving you guys a hard time.
Im SHOCKED they (E1) made you take it down. Some mods ( E1) are sensitive to partial nudity.

( Im just JOKING E1...... maybe. )

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

On the other hand, if it isn't your hand he's shaking is it any of your business?

Just an observation that an older person might not have the same lax attitude... Oh BTW as to your "business" I suggest people not post if they don't want anyone in their business...lol

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

According to the WHO, it doesn't pass asymptomatically.

Like who the hell knows...lol It does transfer at a much higher rate than the normal flu, so its doing something...I say asymptomatic, but I also mean very minor symptoms that someone might see as pretty much nothing.

This is their April fact sheet ...

The thing is that there are two different categories of "asymptomatic". One group is really pre-symptomatic meaning they're going to get sick, but they haven't started showing symptoms yet. This is something I've been wondering but hadn't seen yet -- whether or not a person starts to shed virus before they actually show symptoms like you can with the flu.

It seems to have a longer period of transmission, so that is really driving much of it.

So most people who have it don't know it, upward of 50 to 60%. Some of them go on to develop symptoms later, but many won't ever get sick. Digest that as we stare at the new Great Depression we've created.

I guess you also need to think about whether or not overall the disease itself is severe enough to warrant everyone pretending we're all infected now. In certain places, with certain populations? I can see it. You aren't going to want to head into a nursing home or critical care ward of a hospital with something that could add to the already ongoing problems. But what about going about your business with other otherwise healthy people?

For most that do not end up highly protected in isolation it is not if but when will you get it.

So if I'm spreading lots of droplets, I'm not going out or I would want to wear a mask if I had to. But I already had an allergy cough when tree pollen spiked, and that was an ... interesting ... episode the one time I had to go out. Not repeating that.

I think that is a key issue in it is hitting right at allergy time too, and people with minor symptoms still think they are OK. I want to open things up but keep social distancing etc, and seriously lock down anyone that is at risk. Upwards of 50%+ who have died to this have come from nursing homes.

edit on 12-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

On the other hand, if it isn't your hand he's shaking is it any of your business?

Just an observation that an older person might not have the same lax attitude... Oh BTW as to your "business" I suggest people not post if they don't want anyone in their business...lol

Youre a boomer... youre supposed to go sacrifice yourself for the future. Think if the childrens..

( Just joking .. before my daughter passed recently she had no immune system but even before that it was 20 years of compromised immunity. We lived a certain lifestyle you adopt when you have a fam member who has issues. You do what you have to and most places now have certain hours for folks who need more consideration.. if you want to get up at the crack of dawn..)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00018GE
Great story. I told a guy at the grocery store to “bite me” the other day. He tried to give me grief for going the wrong way down the isle. LOL! shut-up sheep, I am the wolf...

Good for you!
I don't know why all these people want to act like the Corona Cops but they need to tend to themselves.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Oh crap. missed that one. Unfortunately not me, but if she wanted , I would accommodate accordingly.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Youre a boomer... youre supposed to go sacrifice yourself for the future. Think if the childrens..

Funny that I just turned 60, but half my team is in their mid 30s and their health is total crap. High blood pressure, over weight, high cholesterol, poor diet, no real exercise, bad joints, always sick just an overall mess. When I was 35 I was still bullet proof...

Even today I have none of that except for my joints do hurt at times, but that is about it. I'll put my odds on me living through this pandemic over my teammates...lol

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Of course his proper reply to that question must be "I am Groot."

Yes , in full gimp attire. AKA sexual slave.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
If you fear me so much by all means stay at home and cower.

Ya OK... lol Tough act there...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join