It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had my first "mask" confrontation!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Ah yes the new “seat belt”movement. I was told to wear a mask, in a Verizon, store. I did not have one and was told to leave. I was about to buy a $999.00 cell phone. I smiled and said we won’t be doing business today. Hopped back in my m4 and bought my phone off eBay for 600.00 bucks. So much for helping my community with commissions. 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely

Another slippery slope.

Remember when "lock downs" would be two weeks only? And masks didn't work per CDC and every state/local health official parroting it?

Or when not wearing a seatbelt wouldn't be a primary offense (ie: reason to conduct a traffic stop and steal your money at gunpoint for refusing to protect..... yourself?)

Or when gun laws were needed to stop "the mob" ?

Or laws were needed to protect people from themselves RE: controlled and scheduled intoxicants? How well did that work out
edit on 5/30/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Advice to dems: move on from this mask/covid crap. Nobody cares about it anymore and very few are paying attention. There are more important things to discuss now.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

originally posted by: Bicent
Ah yes the new “seat belt”movement. I was told to wear a mask, in a Verizon, store. I did not have one and was told to leave. I was about to buy a $999.00 cell phone. I smiled and said we won’t be doing business today. Hopped back in my m4 and bought my phone off eBay for 600.00 bucks. So much for helping my community with commissions. 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely

Another slippery slope.

Remember when "lock downs" would be two weeks only? And masks didn't work per CDC and every state/local health official parroting it?

Or when not wearing a seatbelt wouldn't be a primary offense (ie: reason to conduct a traffic stop and steal your money at gunpoint for refusing to protect..... yourself?)

Or when gun laws were needed to stop "the mob" ?

Or laws were needed to protect people from themselves RE: controlled and scheduled intoxicants? How well did that work out

I survived riding in the back of a truck and riding hail mary down a hill on my bike with no helmet.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Isn't it amazing Groot? That people survived long before big daddy government tried to hold everybodys hand?

I still don't wear a seatbelt to this day, old habit but I have no intention to fix it. Never have been stopped but if I am I'll continue paying the fines

Id rather my CCW be available should I need it in a seconds notice
edit on 5/30/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Hey, what can you do??

I'd have walked out, too. Of course, I'm not about to spend that kind of money on a phone.

But yeppers, I'd have walked right out the door, too. Lost commissions.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It would appear from this thread that freedom really means belligerent, law breaking (ie. Not wearing a seat belt etc) thieves (walking out with beer without paying) just to name a few items here in the thread. I just wonder what respect this shows for the people who fought for your "freedom" I guess you don't care about them either. But hey you are "free". Just saying.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Please see: Detroit/Minneapolis/NYC
RE: RIOTING/PROTESTS

File under: New Distractions/Virtue Signals

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sunikem

Well that was special

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Astonishing how the Rona is no longer an existential threat huh

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
A couple of days ago I went to town to ship off some guitars for my dad. They had little purple stickers on the floor reminding people to stay six feet apart. You all have seen them by now. Well in front of me there was a mother her son both sporting masks. This damn little kid look right at me shook his finger at me and said "Nuh uh."

I tilted my head and in my mind I was like "For real?"

He started pulling on his mother's shirt and was all like "Mama, there's a man there."

The mother looked back at me, looked down at her son, and told him it was going to be okay.

The whole thing was ridiculous. lol

And no, I wasn't wearing a mask.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Astonishing how the Rona is no longer an existential threat huh

According to our governor Beshear, it is.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Today I was waiting for hub's prescriptions at the pharmacy and a man chit chatted with me (we were both not wearing masks). He says "I see you're living too!" I replied that yes, though I'm high risk I still think the world should go on as usual and if I was that worried about it I'd stay at home. He says "If you ain't living your life what is even the point?" I said "Yes sir, I agree!"

It was the 50 and over crowd that were all unmasked- the younger people were all wearing them. I guess they haven't lived long enough to figure it out yet. If you ain't living what exactly is the point?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Yep!

At work there are barely any people wearing masks anymore. During the whole course of this thing a lot of the older people who came in basically said the same things.

Due to my welcoming persona a lot of customers like talking to me about life in general, which is a huge part of what I love about my job. I like getting to know my customers and remembering them and asking them how things are going and all that.

It hasn't been unusual for people to rant to me about how they think this whole thing is BS. Some are hesitant at first, but when I make a joke to lighten the mood they open up and feel comfortable enough to state that they also think it's BS.

I only had a few people who were spazzoids about it.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join