It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had my first "mask" confrontation!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I do not think those wearing masks should tell other they have to unless it is a place of business. If they say it is mandatory put it on. If you do not like it you are not getting in. To be honest it is a petty argument.

Now, when someone who is not wearing a mask comes to close to me I move away. No need to start anything. However, there are line steppers. I had it happen at a local gas station. Go there all the time. They have a sign that says wear one. They have a shield at the register. I was getting gas and a soda. A 30 something is yelling at the cashier in Puerto Rican about cig prices. "Puta" this and "Puta" that spitting everywhere. As soon as he approached the counter when I was there I said '"Step back please" and he just looked at me. He took another step and just said "Step the f back puta". Not loud. Not threatening. A warning. He looked at me like I was nuts but it is his choice to not wear one like it is mine to wear one but if you get in my space like that I will tell you. There is nothing wrong with your personal space.

People getting beat up for not wearing one? Well, those folks are arseholes....

I like to wear my Master Chief Helmet also really gets some looks and is a great 'mask'....my kids laugh too....

Is this what we have become?

edit on Maypm31pmf0000002020-05-13T12:25:32-05:001232 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
For goodness sakes!

Missouri wants kids younger 2 and up to wear masks at daycare.

So they want 3 and 4-year-olds to wear a mask as much as 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and then, the lady in the article goes so far as to say that parents should go so far as to wear masks at home with the poor kids to drive home the conditioning.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is ridiculous but what local governments are doing is saying you 'can' reopen but here are our terms. They did the same to us for youth baseball. I am the VP at a local BR league. The city told us we can hold one game a day, with less than 50 people total, they all have to wear masks, practice social distancing and bathrooms....but you can play.

Setting up to fail allows some to say we gave you options. It is really really sad and we are already looking at cancelling Fall and looking at Spring 2021.

PS - for laughs I would love to see it though....14 kids in masks for a day. Ha! They would go through 53 masks before lunch.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: ganjoa

What we're finding is businesses will not let you in either, nor bosses of some, to work or to buy things...

The lines are out the doors-6 rt apart, no carts...wait.

Those pi--ed off non mask wearers..their right...are not getting in.

And you can see the resignation on their faces...it's just a new world ....

Don't wear a mask. Fine. Then you're not buying plywood or hair color...that's how it is here in Mi the last few weeks (I've been out to stores, lake, parks the last few)...

*Yes, Im cleared to be out ie: Responder & ER Team

That none may buy nor sell save he who weareth the Mask of the Beast.
Is it possible there was a single letter typo in the translations of the Book of Revelations?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

My 20 year old daughter was in Hobby Lobby. We do not have a mask requirement in this state and there was not one for that store. A man walked up to her and told her she'd be prettier with a mask on. The two women snapped photos of her. I promise, someone says that to me, its just going to be "6 feet back mtfer, 6 feet back"

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
To wear or not to wear that is the question (yes I know bad paraphrasing couldn't help it). I am making some masks for my husband and I to use when he finally comes home from the hospital, no not for covid. I don't know if it'll help or not the studies aren't really clear on that but it can't hurt. He is at high risk not just for covid but for any respiratory ailments. That being said neither he nor I would presume to tell another person what he or she should or shouldn't do, nor will I tolerate anybody telling me what to do. A grown adult doesn't need the government or a stranger directing them on how to protect themselves that is a decision for each person to make.

That being said I wouldn't have tolerated a stranger behaving like that towards me anymore then the OP did might not have been as blunt but then again depending on attitude I might have.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: ganjoa

What we're finding is businesses will not let you in either, nor bosses of some, to work or to buy things...

The lines are out the doors-6 rt apart, no carts...wait.

Those pi--ed off non mask wearers..their right...are not getting in.

And you can see the resignation on their faces...it's just a new world ....

Don't wear a mask. Fine. Then you're not buying plywood or hair color...that's how it is here in Mi the last few weeks (I've been out to stores, lake, parks the last few)...

*Yes, Im cleared to be out ie: Responder & ER Team

That none may buy nor sell save he who weareth the Mask of the Beast.
Is it possible there was a single letter typo in the translations of the Book of Revelations?

Burning beard went to burning bush.. so yes, its very likely.

Big Clutch fan here... Im always waiting for a reference to something I can post a Clutch video. LOL!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: llpoolej

My 20 year old daughter was in Hobby Lobby. We do not have a mask requirement in this state and there was not one for that store. A man walked up to her and told her she'd be prettier with a mask on. The two women snapped photos of her. I promise, someone says that to me, its just going to be "6 feet back mtfer, 6 feet back"

I got a slight talking to about a tshirt I wore to work.. I wear a lab coat and etc.. so its not like EVERYONE could see it, but still... I guess me flashing folks like I was wearing a trench coat was not a good look for the company. Personally Ive found that when dealing with frightened or sick people.. a little levity goes a LONG way.

It said: If I can punch you in the face, you are too close.
The back said : Social Distancing.

You can get it on Etsy... thats where I bought it. I just got another one too.. it has bigfoot on it and says " SOcial Distancing world champion".

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke
I will not kowtow to stores or people that demand masks. No one should.

Good. That's nice to hear. So we shouldn't have to worry about you going where you're not wanted.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
Doubtful I'll ever have a "mask confrontation" here in Texas.
Open carry tends to quash a lot of noise, visually minimizes confrontations.

ganjoa

I don't understand what that means. Because there is open carry, someone would be afraid to ask someone to where a mask?

Why? Are people who open carry going to shoot people who ask them to wear a mask? That makes no sense from the open carry people I know. They are responsible citizens, they don't shoot people who ask questions.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
For goodness sakes!

So they want 3 and 4-year-olds to wear a mask as much as 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and then, the lady in the article goes so far as to say that parents should go so far as to wear masks at home with the poor kids to drive home the conditioning.

Oh boy! that should work out well.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme

originally posted by: ganjoa
Doubtful I'll ever have a "mask confrontation" here in Texas.
Open carry tends to quash a lot of noise, visually minimizes confrontations.

ganjoa

I don't understand what that means. Because there is open carry, someone would be afraid to ask someone to where a mask?

Why? Are people who open carry going to shoot people who ask them to wear a mask? That makes no sense from the open carry people I know. They are responsible citizens, they don't shoot people who ask questions.

Ya, pretty stupid talk. Sadly it has already happened.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: ketsuko
For goodness sakes!

Oh boy! that should work out well.

Its also dangerous. I posted much earlier in this thread, I beleive, that kids are dropping dead from wearing the masks. Its also dangerous just from a normal reasoning. We were told to advise that no child under 24 months should wear a mask or face covering.. that an infant should have a blanket draped loosely over the carrier when in public. We got that from the top.. even though many of us said that was NOT what we were going to advise.. because its dangerous.

I had a child who has to wear masks everywhere for most of her childhood. Even then, Childrens hospital in STL and Cardinal Glennon in STL and Indiana U Hosp said... do not let her wear the mask when doing anything physical or for more than a few hours at a time. Make sure she could remove herself from the situation that she needed the mask in.

Suddenly it changed... now the CDC and Med personnel are all on board with masks on children everywhere for long periods of time!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage
I hear ya, I don't know what the hell to think, I'm not sure anyone does.

I can only surmise, that as they learn more, they react to new info..whether it's to be believed is another kettle of fish.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

Well..

How is someone to properly look at you as a "nonperson" if they can actually see your face?

We have bigger smiles in our EYES. Use them to look at others and smile. You'd be surprised how you will feel the smile that comes back.

I am officially inventing transparent masks NOW so the problem will be solved though.

Can somebody help make them please?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25166998]GeauxHomeYoureDrunk[/post

A large man coming across a parking lot to confront a lone woman is in no way, shape or form "polite" despite the use of the word ma'am.

Why wait until page eleven to add that he was a large man . If that was a relevant fact shouldn't it have been included in the OP . But wait you said this .

If he tried to get physical I can handle it. If he tried to pull out something on me I can handle that as well.

So why all of a sudden is his size important .

Thing is wearing a mask is not mandatory so I'm not wearing one. I tried wearing one and literally nearly passed out in a store with an asthma attack,

But earlier you said this .

Honestly I don't mind wearing a mask in places where it's really crowded or if a business requires one for entry but I haven't run into that situation yet.

So you haven't run into that situation , but you have . Pro tip , if your going to make stuff up , make sure you have a good memory .

Poor old mr Groot , feel for ya man .

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I am sorry for your country, no wonder cops shoot first, over someone suggesting a mask

And what sort of person are you bringing cop shootings into the post.

BTW am sorry to ATS that a fellow aussie has problems reading

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

You're an idiot. In the beginning of this virus mess I tried to wear a mask voluntarily. I had an attack in the middle of a Walmart store and stopped wearing it. Today I had to wear one for the first time since then because my pharmacy required it (the first place I've been to where it actually was required) and could barely breathe.

As far as it being a large man why should I have to put that in the OP? The point is that nobody has the right to come at me and tell me what to do. Most men are big to me.

And Groot knows I tried wearing a mask at first voluntarily as I am high risk but stopped wearing it. He also was called immediately when the situation with the guy confronting me happened. I haven't made up anything. Don't give a rat's behind if you believe it or not.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: [post=25166998]GeauxHomeYoureDrunk[/post

A large man coming across a parking lot to confront a lone woman is in no way, shape or form "polite" despite the use of the word ma'am.

Why wait until page eleven to add that he was a large man . If that was a relevant fact shouldn't it have been included in the OP . But wait you said this .

If he tried to get physical I can handle it. If he tried to pull out something on me I can handle that as well.

So why all of a sudden is his size important .

Thing is wearing a mask is not mandatory so I'm not wearing one. I tried wearing one and literally nearly passed out in a store with an asthma attack,

But earlier you said this .

Honestly I don't mind wearing a mask in places where it's really crowded or if a business requires one for entry but I haven't run into that situation yet.

So you haven't run into that situation , but you have . Pro tip , if your going to make stuff up , make sure you have a good memory .

Poor old mr Groot , feel for ya man .

Don't feel for me, you should think about what you said. Now, I don't have to defend my girl because she can handle herself.

Just saying she has more balls then you.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Good for you. I told someone the other day to blow it out of their ass. These virtue signaling holier than thou clowns can kiss my ass.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join