It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
How you feeling in that hole you're digging champ? 😁

Oh, did you say something?

As for me, sitting on top of the world...

Guffaws 🤭🤭🤭

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Observationalist

Most employers, if they want their business to stay open, will require their employees to wear masks.
Do you have data to support this claim, in places where masks were not required? Like Texas?

If masks have been so effective in helping to stop the spread of Covid19, then what could be causing these hospitals to fill up.

People being idiotic plays a big part.
www.houstonchronicle.com...
www.washingtonpost.com... lth-officials/5ecc3338602ff165d3e4093e/

Are the masks helping or creating another problem?
What masks?

This Q and A about mask and employers. This is the last question. So not mandatory to stay open but if your a wise CEO you would highly consider requiring your employees to wear a mask.

Q: Can I tell employees they are not allowed to wear face masks?
Telling employees they cannot wear masks when the CDC has just said they should be worn in public may create employee relations issues or result in a phone call from OSHA. Although there may be exceptions to this rule, we generally recommend that employers heed OSHA’s advice that employees are more likely to show up to work when they feel safe on the job. If an employee is creating a significant concern with the self-made mask, whether it may be a safety concern or because it violates some other standard of appearance, seek advice from your legal representative

I guess too that hospitalization would go up with the protesters gathering and such. So add protesters to the list.

I did see one guy get pelted by a statue he was trying to take down, so I guess stupid injuries like that can take up a bed in hospital too.

I hope the protesters were smart and not visit their grandparents. It would be a shame if the grandparents and parents of the protesters are the ones in the hospital.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I guess too that hospitalization would go up with the protesters gathering and such. So add protesters to the list.
Yes. Many of them seem to go maskless and often don't social distance.

I did see one guy get pelted by a statue he was trying to take down, so I guess stupid injuries like that can take up a bed in hospital too.
Note that the caption is "COVID-19 HOSPITALIZATIONS." But that sort of thing would take up beds as well. So would car wrecks and things. Not so much stuff that one might term "totally harmless."

edit on 7/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Remember this:

Mask Hysteria Good Morning America.
www.instagram.com...

“Mask are an illusion of protection”
CDC warned of certain types of facial hair will make masks not effective. See the chart in the video link.

That was back in February.

And this in April

Q: Do I need to require employees who are using face masks on a voluntary basis to shave?

A: No. The facial hair question is driven by the fact that respirators like the N95 are intended to be tight-fitting to the face and create a seal. An N95 respirator likely cannot seal against the face of a user who has facial hair, which means that under OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Standard, many employees end up needing to be clean-shaven for work when required to wear a respirator. Nevertheless, OSHA does not require employers to prohibit employees from having facial hair when wearing a face mask on a voluntary basis.

CDC Recommends Face Masks: What Employers Need To Know

Seems odd that OSHA would have such wishy washy protocols.

Do you think we learned more about the virus since February, so we abandoned the mask are not good narrative?
The experts have been wrong about the flu all these years and we should have been wearing mask all along?

I better get more masks, it’s going to be long flu season.

edit on 6-7-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Masks don't provide very much protection to the wearer. That requires additional PPE measures. You still don't understand that?

Do you think we learned more about the virus since February, so we abandoned the mask are not good narrative?
When it became apparent that non-symptomatic spread was occurring, yes.
edit on 7/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Masks don't provide very much protection to the wearer. That requires additional PPE measures. You still don't understand that?

Man, you gotta love some of the new mask designs being offered that actually have one way valves on them so the wearer can breathe easier. I guess masks are becoming a fashion statement and utility be damned.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

If the direction is inbound that does not defeat the purpose.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Oh, I understand, say it with me: My mask protects you; your masks protect me!

Got it.

But underwear and jeans can’t stop you from inhaling my fecal particles. Sure if I wasn’t wearing under and jeans you would be exposed to more fecal particles. Wearing a mask may have some effect but ultimately it’s more of a symbolic effect. If Covid-19 is in poop then what extra measures will we need to take to stop it spreading through our flatulence. Mandatory plugs or inserts? Or maybe ban gassy foods, No pizza!

A mask gives a false sense of heroism. Allows people to continue to selfishly work and play while they still recklessly spread the virus. If the virus is as deadly as it may be, why is anyone allow out doors.

Non-symptomatic is the wild card that keeps us up at night. The assumption is to assume everyone is infected?
If everyone is infected then what kind of death rate would we have. The survival rate then is about as good as you surviving hanging around me on pizza night. 😩

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

The assumption is to assume everyone is infected?

No. That anyone may be. And they can easily transmit it to others.

edit on 7/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Coronavirus Australia live: Greater Melbourne and Mitchell Shire to enter six-week lockdown
After recording 191 new coronavirus cases in a day, Victorian premier Daniel Andrews has ordered a six-week lockdown for most of the state’s residents from midnight tomorrow.

www.news.com.au... 6de2b907a4420e90df

Goodnight Melbourne..

A sudden lockdown starting tonight has been declared.

Melbourne has watched its infection numbers grow rapidly this past fortnight, majority of cases are of unknown origin meaning its spreading in the community.

A number of friends rushed to the supermarkets with only hours to go until the lockdown was enforced and it was packed. The last place you'd want to be really when the Pandemic is entering a 2nd phase.

Thankgod we allowed all those protests last month /s

In othernews, Clive Palmer (an absolute tosspot) is taking Western Australia to court forcing them to reopen the borders.

Western Australia has refused to allow cross border travel since the lockdowns in March. Now the Victoria/Sydney are locking their borders, WA feels it pointless allowing the legal case to go forward, however the Federal Government is still going to back Clive Palmer in forcing WA to open up.

just, madness!

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

That's because money drives the decisions within goverment, and clive Palmer has a lot of it, enough even to sway elections.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You can see that pattern in every nation that’s allowed the virus to get out of control; the U.K., the U.S, Brazil, I’m imagine there’s more. £/$>😵

It’s lucky for the leaders of some of these nations that people are rioting over George Floyd, otherwise they’d be rioting over the venal virus mismanagement.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
Wearing a mask may have some effect but ultimately it’s more of a symbolic effect.

It’s not symbolic! More is more and less is less. Every effort made will have some effect and in total contribute to lowering the R rate. Fight common sense if you want, but the more folk that do, the longer you’ll all stay in the in/out lockdown hell.

originally posted by: Observationalist
If Covid-19 is in poop then what extra measures will we need to take to stop it spreading through our flatulence.

I have no doubt that if you or anyone walked into a store, or factory floor and could see the poop particles floating in the air you’d put on the face mask if you had one, no matter how arbitrary the effect. You don’t wanna risk breathing my sh*t!

Amazing how easily folk can pretend something isn’t there just because they can’t see it.

edit on 7-7-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
D/P
edit on 7-7-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
U.S. Coronavirus Cases Are Rising Sharply, but Deaths Are Still Down

New York Times

After a minor late-spring lull, the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the United States is once again on the rise. States like Arizona, Florida and Texas are seeing some of their highest numbers to date, and as the nation hurtles further into summer, the surge shows few signs of stopping.

And yet the virus appears to be killing fewer of the people it infects. In April and May, Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, led to as many as 3,000 deaths per day, and claimed the lives of roughly 7 to 8 percent of Americans known to have been infected. The number of daily deaths is now closer to 600, and the death rate is less than 5 percent.

In general, experts see three broad reasons for the downward trend in the rate of coronavirus deaths: testing, treatment and a shift in whom the virus is infecting. The relative contribution of these factors is not yet clear. And because death reports can lag diagnoses by weeks, the current rise in coronavirus cases could still portend increases in mortality in the days to come.

edit on 7-7-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Masks protect wearer. The CDC was forced to lie early on because they didn't stockpile enough masks for healthcare workers and they didn't want everyone running out and clearing the shelves like they did with toilet paper. Fauci admitted that recently. It's not 100%, but definitely cuts down the viral load, resulting in a milder illness or no illness at all than if you got the full viral load.

He admits it at 1:35

edit on 7-7-2020 by asdfas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere :

BNO :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Does anyone remember seeing a thread about a memo that was circulating around Congress about a novel virus potentially spreading and to be cautious about traveling? It was posted back in January but the article itself was dated sometime around late october 2019 or thereabouts.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Good lord! That memo would be one hot potato

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
a reply to: TzarChasm

Good lord! That memo would be one hot potato

That's why I'm trying to find it. But the thread is somewhat older and I hate navigating the search engine.

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join