It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there a need to kill the world economy for this??????!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

There's been a lot of speculation that the death toll in China is closer to 20-40 million than the 3,326 they claim. Looking at how high the death toll is around the rest of the world, and China's known reputation of hiding unfavorable information, it's a pretty safe bet they're fudging the facts.

Then its about China got punished, im sick of that country causing so many problems - pollutions etc

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Normality has been canceled. Americans were afraid after 911 but this is much worse.

The economy is trashed, a severe recession or depression is likely and more people are out of work than ever before and sadly most won't have jobs to return to anyway.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

The American People have Complied with the Presidents REQUESTS so far , but their is a LIMIT to what WE THE PEOPLE will Allow when it comes to Any EDICTS Imposed by State Legislators concerning our Freedoms to Travel . Presently , there are NO LAWS Opposing it .

edit on 4-4-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: rickymouse

Yea I agree with this too, but China, coulda done more, and someone has to be responsible for this, but speaking of politics, the lefties Will probably never blame China, their actions leading us to this pandemic.

China worked hard to keep it in their own country and cities. They were busy fighting a war, they were trying to stop it from being a world event when they figured out what it was. This virus may have been an escaped virus, or it may have been a natural virus that got into humans and turned into this. One person working at the food market is all that was needed to spread it. It may not have even originally come from China, it could have come from outside of their country.

China did not want to panic the world, if they had, and nothing happened outside their country, everyone would have been mad at them.

The reason this is a pandemic is because people are traveling all over the world, this would have been a local Chinese event thirty years ago. It is our stupid societies desires to go travel everywhere that caused this, the inability of us to be satisfied with just looking at a picture of things, the internet wound up boosting air travel because people were putting things on line and telling others how great it is over there. I thought it would be great to have a person just send a picture, instead it created a flying frenzy.

I can’t say I see eye-to-eye with this one.

Humans like experiences - and the world got smaller with all of our formerly-existing transportation abilities.

Some people also like experiencing different cultures, foods/restaurants, drinks, scenery, etc.

I don’t think it’s fair to blame human curiosity and desire to explore for all of this. And I also don’t think it’s fair to assert people should be satisfied sitting in their recliner on their iPad looking at all the cool stuff in the world without any expectation they’d ever be able to see it for themselves.

Traveling all over the world and going on cruise ships will devastate our environment. Not just spread pathogens. People should not be traveling to Italy a quarter of the way around the world just to vacation. We do not have to destroy this world and mankind to have a good time.

I like beef, a hamburger is great, a T-bone steak is great. If I eat the t-bones all the time, then treat myself to the prime rib, that becomes my new norm. What happens when I start eating only Prime rib all the time, what is better than that. I won't want to go back to eating burger again. If that happens everywhere, they will raise cows just for the prime rib and the rest gets made into cat food or dog food. The price of the prime rib goes up to fifty bucks a pound and I wind up spending my whole paycheck on beef. You get addicted to that kind of life, my cousin was going on cruise ship rides every year for a while, flying down there to catch the cruise. Him and his wife love the cruises and they got some of their friends addicted. They didn't go this year because of the pandemic, they were going to go in February some time I think.

Think about that, He is retired, he has money and can afford the trips, but they are addicted to the cruises. They did not want to be inconvenienced by being quarantined, but they are home and quarantined anyway because of a lockdown in Michigan.

Flying all over the world by multitudes of people is stupid, it raises the risk of diseases like this spreading. I do not think that this disease is as bad as it is being made out to be, but it is still bad. But there are going to be more and more bad diseases in the future because everyone wants what they want. So this leads to more and more unnatural chemistry being introduced into the environment which leads to mutations in microbes of all kinds. The worlds balance of microbes is off now and it is just going to get worse. This is a much more important thing that the global warming scam they are promoting. In our near future lots of people are going to die because of our ignorance and chasing of our wants instead of being content with our needs plus an ocassional treat of a small want. People have made their wants their needs too, that is bad news.

We are headed to a great depression and pandemics and epidemics galore. Nature will soon punish us for our ignorance of common sense. Lots of people are guilty, and sadly the ones who truely care for this world will probably suffer the most.

Now look back at what

Yep, we definitely don’t see eye to eye on this.

You can never leave your county, I’ll go see what’s going on “out there” for myself.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

Let's look at US projections, without any social distancing, stay-at-home, or quarantine.

81% of people in the US are expected to be infected (that's 261 million people).
The novel SARS-CoV2 virus is moderately infectious with human-to-transfer rates of 2.7 new infections from each infected patient.
15.5% to 20.2% of the cases will be asymptomatic (no symptoms, but still infectious, 50.7 to 66 million people who can infect 136.9 to 178.5 million people). Obviously, these are the people who will spread the virus most effectively. They don't look sick. They don't feel sick. However, they will infect half of the country just based on the numbers.

Of the symptomatic cases (195 to 210.3 million people):
81% of the cases will be mild (a very bad chest cold, 157.8 to 170.3 million people)
14% will be severe requiring hospitalization (requiring oxygen and possibly a ventilator, 27.3 to 29.4 million people)
5% of the cases will be critical, leading to organ failure (requiring Intensive Case treatment, 9.75 to 10.5 million people)
The mortality rate is somewhere between 0.7% and 3.8% (these people are dead and includes everyone, kids, teens, adults, elderly, 1.3 to 7.99 million people)

Social distancing and stay-at-home orders will reduce these numbers. With the current federal orders, we are still looking at 100,000 to 240,000 dead. That's the best-case scenario in the US.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lincolnparadox

Unless they they (SNIP) us all to death.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Sure the reaction to CV/COVID19 had to be extreme, just like the 'Control Laws' passed after the 911 attacks...

the sheeple will be getting paid with Stimulus money...which will undoubtedly lead to UBI Universal Basic Income monies on a monthly basis--- the Only way the Banksters have figured out to 'Save the Dollar' from hyper inflation

the cashless society for about 40% of the Americans that will not augment their Universal-Basic-Income credits....
with part-time job pay that the 60% of working age Americans will need to be involved with for 'upward mobility'

Trump sure snuck that NWO, cashless society/UBI/ monetary Re-Set on us didn't he ?! disguised as Stimulus cash for the government s 'forced' shut-down of businesses and economy for 2-Week followed by 4-Weeks (& counting)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Now every minister has wondered how the mighty US government and more so its people would be brought under a

"One World Government"

Guess no longer. You could have NEVER got America to join any common market and never, ever defeated us in war. Not one were the US was invaded by someone. That would be an epic fail for Russia, China and every friend they have all at once.

Crush our entire economy, have most Americans in the cities out of work, begging for food, medical help and then you will see them gladly accept a once world government when they can provide and the current US gov cant on its own.

Now is the time for everyone to get right with Jesus, take responsibility for themselves and do not wait for any government to help you!!!! Trust in God, not the governments of this word and do not, for the love of all things do not take any dam forced tattoos to prove that you have had your shots like Bill Gates says will need to happen.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

What will happen to all those job providers whom are at risk of the infection puting them in critical condition, or even dying from the virus? There are literally millions of Americans whom provide jobs to others that can die if we do nothing. What do you think will happen to the jobs they provided? Millions, upon millions of Americans will forever lose their jobs. Whom is going to create new jobs to replace the lost ones?

edit on 6-4-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
There’s more than a virus at play, always has been.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
For some people, no. The world economy is more important. So let's look at the numbers. Without instituting social distancing and closing businesses 3 separate models predicted roughly 2.2M people would die in the U.S. That's 5.5%. So using that as a guide, 385M people would die worldwide. 15% of patients require hospitalization so that's so an additional 665M people hospitalized. Every healthcare system in the world would collapse under those numbers. Without any controls 60-70% of people would be expected to contract COVID.

So 60-70% of your workforce would end up getting sick --- some more so than others --- but that would dramatically affect businesses ability to function. And once people see their coworkers getting sick and dying they'll stop coming to work. Or they will be unable to come to work in order to take care of sick family members. There would be no access to doctors or basic medicine and panic would quickly ensue.

What would THAT do to your global economy??

Absolute nonsense. Cite all sources please. Your make believe proposed gloom and doom scenario isn't supported by any statistical evidence that I've come across. Total BS.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Fearful suppositions minus any factual basis whatsoever. Please cite the sources that show what you're stating is factual and not pseudo science based on impossible to accurately determine speculative predictions.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: lincolnparadox

Let's look at US projections, without any social distancing, stay-at-home, or quarantine.

81% of people in the US are expected to be infected (that's 261 million people).
The novel SARS-CoV2 virus is moderately infectious with human-to-transfer rates of 2.7 new infections from each infected patient.
15.5% to 20.2% of the cases will be asymptomatic (no symptoms, but still infectious, 50.7 to 66 million people who can infect 136.9 to 178.5 million people). Obviously, these are the people who will spread the virus most effectively. They don't look sick. They don't feel sick. However, they will infect half of the country just based on the numbers.

Of the symptomatic cases (195 to 210.3 million people):
81% of the cases will be mild (a very bad chest cold, 157.8 to 170.3 million people)
14% will be severe requiring hospitalization (requiring oxygen and possibly a ventilator, 27.3 to 29.4 million people)
5% of the cases will be critical, leading to organ failure (requiring Intensive Case treatment, 9.75 to 10.5 million people)
The mortality rate is somewhere between 0.7% and 3.8% (these people are dead and includes everyone, kids, teens, adults, elderly, 1.3 to 7.99 million people)

Social distancing and stay-at-home orders will reduce these numbers. With the current federal orders, we are still looking at 100,000 to 240,000 dead. That's the best-case scenario in the US.

Please cite all sources proclaiming the factual evidence supporting this model. I do not believe it for a second because none of the evidence that I have come across even begins to support what you're contending here. This is nothing but fear mongering. There is absolutely no factual way minus sheer guesswork to support such a line of ill reasoned speculation.

Give me current hard data minus the pseudoscience of predictive outcomes that clearly support these figures.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Truth a reply to: olaru12

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Truth

a reply to: UltimaRatio1

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The economy is not fragile. Companies wish to save money while the government has told them they have no choice, send your staff home. So they do not want to pay people to do nothing so they fire them, that is it. Once everything goes back to normal, those same companies will need staff. So all those jobs lost, you will see an influx of jobs again and those same fired people will get their job back or another job elsewhere. The only loss is the right now, while those people without work loose money and cannot pay bills. If they survive that, they will be fine.

I agree that making us all behave like little children because of minorities just far beyond the joke. They did not do a good enough job at rounding those that could not listen, the vast majority of us however did as we was asked and that was that.

I agree it cannot go any worse, as if so people will not listen.

Considering quite a few deaths being told by UK staff of London hospital have been saying that many of their higher up staff are not allowing them to perform normal basic tests and therefore they are being told to just say any death is due to covid. Only the other day a young girl died from a heart attack yet they said because she coughed it was covid. Later analysis by seasoned doctors found it was due to heart attack. So the numbers are not all they are cooked up to me.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Absolutely not

The sheer drop in global pollution has been an unintended but fortunate side effect. I always have crystal clear mornings here in rural PA, but according to satellite images (available on NASA's EOL) things are clearing up

That said, nothing warrants shutting down the economy

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes... and people are generally pretty stupid with short memories

Start force feeding them McDonalds and a 9-5 M/F work week again and all will return to normal in short order.

Have to stop letting the media put so much focus on a bug that's killed a couple tens of thousands (millions die yearly under normal circumstances)

It is time TPTB recognize economic warfare and psy/infowar and start treating hostile media appropriately. FCC licenses are a privilege
edit on 4/6/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join