It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that the COVID-19 Corona Virus is 20x Worse than the Common Flu? Please?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Lockdown is crucial for healthcare to be able care people that has serious and critical symptoms, this way they try to control the amount of people treated in ICU at the same time.

It's clear many people don't understand that the medical infrastructure can be easily overwhelmed.

With the need for profit and or cost cutting the service runs at 90% or so capacity, this virus is bad news.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Yeeh i am also worryed about healthcare personals, in Italy many of nurses,doctors get infected ...same can happen in every country . I think the lockdowns are necessary to prevent healtcare units from crashing.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: ThinkingCap

140,100 (95%)
in Mild Condition

7,388 (5%)
Serious or Critical

88,483 (90%)
Recovered / Discharged

10,049 (10%) Deaths

Lockdown is crucial for healthcare to be able care people that has serious and critical symptoms, this way they try to control the amount of people treated in ICU at the same time. If no measures are taken it will freeze the system in a way it is happening in Italy but even worse. Without measures there will be NO NURSES, NO DOCTORS as they will be all sick and some will die, NO TREATMENT and everyone would be ON THEIR OWN. Surviving this scenario takes quite amount of time so it will be more than a 6 months to get back to normal.. think about that. Broke a leg and have no treatment !

This is exactly right.

Alas I'm done wasting my breath trying to get people to understand. Fools will just argue with you to no end. It gets tiresome. I gave it up. I'm just gonna wait a while then come back with a bunch of I fu***ng told you so posts.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkingCap
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Thanks, I haven't checked those websites. I'm trying to find enough information to prove to my family that this is deadlier than the flu virus.

For which age group?

For people under 60? The figures are comparable to the flu and /or cold? Unless you can prove it is a false statement.

But yes, please protect grandma and grandpa. The Coronavirus is serious to them.

edit on 20-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
What a joke.

A joke when it started and when it ends, shortly, it'll still be a joke.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Hi, thanks for responding. You said that for people under 60 the symptoms are comparable to the flu. I've had the flu, as well as your typical flu-like symptoms... Sometimes it can last up to 30 days of being horribly ill, sometimes it's 10 days of being horribly ill.

From what I've seen with the coronavirus, we're talking about a very short-term but crappy fever, foreshadowed by a dry cough and aches.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   

IN THE UNITED STATES:

Common Flu has killed at least 22,000 in America since flu season began, in October 2019.

www.cdc.gov...

CoronaVirus-19 has killed 342 in the U.S., since January 2020.

www.worldometers.info...

When you hear national and local news reports, they say how many people have contracted the virus, with great excitement. But intentionally omit how few of them are in the hospital, and how few have died.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

You

Sometimes it can last up to 30 days of being horribly ill, sometimes it's 10 days of being horribly ill.

Are you referring to Coronavirus causing pneumonia for example resulting in a prolonged recovery for people with pre-existing health problems or suppressed immune systems. Which is also the same for the cold and flu.

Referencing, quoting, and citing a source might help clarify your position. Or you just spreading innuendo?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Thanks, I haven't checked those websites. I'm trying to find enough information to prove to my family that this is deadlier than the flu virus.

Start here. Centers for Disease Control

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

After 12 months youll have better stats to compare to influenza or common colds.

Sheesh its only march. Who can say the long term impact with any great certainty.

The immediate impact indicates a higher incubation and transfer rate

Its only March
Which usually signifies the coming end of the virus season.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Thanks, I've been milling that site since it was suggested earlier.

I'm still having a hard time find any comparisons to the seasonal flu however.

I realize it's early on, but my sweet family has no trust in media/government and are amazingly worse at researching things than I.

So here I am in hopes that the brave and bright minds of ATS have this information at hand.
edit on 20-3-2020 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
What a joke.

Nope.
Won't even be a memory for some.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
What a joke.

Nope.
Won't even be a memory for some.

The global societal impact will surely carry a memory though.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
For those that think it's not serious. Go lick some gas station door handles and get back with us in 2 months to let us know how it went.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

So you want your preconceived notions supported. You dont want truth or facts. Because thats out there.

Hint....its not. For example in the US COViD has a current mortality rate if 1.4%. Flu is 7.1% currently. So in the US the flu is 6 times more deadly.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

342???

CDC as of noon yesterday says there are 41 deaths in the US

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Italy's national health authority only found that 3 of the fatalities were caused solely by the coronavirus. In every other case, the patients who perished had as many as 3 other medical conditions that contributed towards their death.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
For those that think it's not serious. Go lick some gas station door handles and get back with us in 2 months to let us know how it went.

It would make no difference, their sheer idiocy would render them imune.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: carewemust

342???

CDC as of noon yesterday says there are 41 deaths in the US

Um

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Because people except the situation for what it is, try to place some perspective, are not running around screaming the sky is falling, not fear mongering, not panicking, that makes them idiots? Maybe we do need more people the masses and sheeple label as idiots?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join