It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that the COVID-19 Corona Virus is 20x Worse than the Common Flu? Please?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Way to miss the point...again.

At least you're consistent.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: ThinkingCap
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Thanks, I haven't checked those websites. I'm trying to find enough information to prove to my family that this is deadlier than the flu virus.

So you want your preconceived notions supported. You dont want truth or facts. Because thats out there.

Hint....its not. For example in the US COViD has a current mortality rate if 1.4%. Flu is 7.1% currently. So in the US the flu is 6 times more deadly.

probably wayy too early to judge mortality rate of this virus in the US..

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
In goverment we trust ?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Maybe we should focus on the mortality rate of all our fn jobs?
This is playing out as another giant corporate cash grab.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The way I see it is there are a couple possibilities going on right now.
Statistics being less serious than all the gd flu viruses going around says they are up to some serious bs.
Shutting down the entire country, which isn't their fn jobs is not an equal response or preventative measure.
If I had 4 guesses, I'd say...

1.paranoid leaders trying to shake things up since we are all figuring out the crap theses guys are up to.
2.giant communist power grab of all remaining small business
3.incoming war or nukes
4.incoming ELE

Any other theories are welcome, because this resonse is not making sense.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Do not question you're goverment....

Citizen 32154634 is now under review...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Why would they shut down all businesses so there is a chance the medical industry isn't overtaxed?
This makes no gd sense.
Pump cash into medical vs trying to salvage all businesses after the fact, or giving everyone a measly grand.
There is an intentional crashing of the system going on.
Time to demand answers or replace leaders.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Way to miss the point...again.

At least you're consistent.

And you miss prospective.

Millions die each year from underreported health crisis in third world countries each year. The first world population gets god smacked by nature with not even 300,000 illnesses, DOOM, Hoarding, and economic collapse. All from the comfort of a home with running water, indoor plumbing, and filled with wealth 50 percent of the world’s population will never know.
edit on 20-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I wouldn't get cocky yet.
What does your "prospective" tell you millions of unemployed, starving people will do?
Bullets won't be enough for safety.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
influenza r0 is 1.4
Covid 19 is 2.4

Influenza mortality rate is 0.10%
Covid19 mortality rate is currently globally averaged from confirmed cases to death at 4.0%

Influenza symptoms are 1 to 4 days to come on
Covid symptoms are 1 to 14 days to come on
For both you can spread the virus during that time and longer but these are the time when you know something might be wrong with you and you may be sick

Influenza requiring hospitalisation could be as high as 5% or lower
Covid19 is about 20%

Also it appears Covid might take much longer to recover from than influenza

This is why the panic and issues.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I wouldn't get cocky yet.
What does your "prospective" tell you millions of unemployed, starving people will do?
Bullets won't be enough for safety.

Is there a threat to the food supply? Drought? You going to choose hoarding vs donating to food banks?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap
Truth is the first casualty of WAR. When the facts about the virus speak for themselves and even the WHO says most a majority of cases will be mild and easily recoverable than there is only one real explanation for the defense production act, which was used to mobilize production for war during Korea, and more recently by billi Clinton and George Bush in 2001 for disaster relief or something an energy crisis in California. Of course then 9/11 happened that same year And we have Been at war on terror since.

It has already been answered that Italy had a # health care system to begin with, and most of their patients are vulnerable elderly folks. There is Also a new thread you should read on the consequences of the drug many older folks in Italy were given that easily could be partly, if not mostly responsible for the increased fatalities.
edit on 3-20-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
influenza r0 is 1.4
Covid 19 is 2.4

Influenza mortality rate is 0.10%
Covid19 mortality rate is currently globally averaged from confirmed cases to death at 4.0%

Influenza symptoms are 1 to 4 days to come on
Covid symptoms are 1 to 14 days to come on
For both you can spread the virus during that time and longer but these are the time when you know something might be wrong with you and you may be sick

Influenza requiring hospitalisation could be as high as 5% or lower
Covid19 is about 20%

Also it appears Covid might take much longer to recover from than influenza

This is why the panic and issues.

Can you post the actual numbers by age group? Is it false to say by age group (and those with existing health conditions) the statistics concerning Coronavirus range greatly?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Are you being serious?

Theres a threat to ALL supplies right now.

..and not from a gd flu that effects weak people.

This has the ability to make the great depression look like boomerland.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
For those that think it's not serious. Go lick some gas station door handles and get back with us in 2 months to let us know how it went.

You're more likely to get some other disease from that, no one is licking gas station door handles even before covid-19. "If you think that guns aren't serious, go shoot yourself and get back to me"

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

No I didn't you're a broken record.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Care to actually know the facts than fear monger?

Coronavirus-Era Food Supply: America Has a Lot. Moving It Is Tricky.

www.wsj.com...

You wouldn’t know it from the bare grocery store shelves across the country, but America has plenty of food. The challenge is getting it from the farm to your table.

Companies that supply meat, vegetables and other staples are struggling to redirect the nation’s sprawling food supply chain to meet a surge in demand caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Restaurant closures and shoppers’ rush to stock their pantries are forcing the agriculture industry to boost production, hire new employees and set up “war rooms” to keep grocery stores stocked.

Panic, individual hoarding, people hoarding to price gouge, and fear are causing the current empty shelves. There is no drought, blight, farm animals epidemic threatening our food supply.

Fear is more of a threat to my wellbeing than the actual Coronavirus.
edit on 20-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap

Higher transmission rate = higher chance of dangerous mutation = less chance of creating a vaccine or treatment that treats the current problem and can treat the mutations = slow everything down to give us time to pull our pants up and figure it out.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

If you want to really panic. For the Western United States look into ground water depletion, and sustainable farming for that area.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join