It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laid off from COV19.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Oh my... don't be so modest! You also blamed your fellow Americans in the most self-centered and -- dare I say it? -- borderline sociopathic of ways.

And do note, I did -- first and foremost -- offer my condolences for your loss. But you expressed absolutely no grief or sorrow. I expressed more emotion than you! You just made sure to preface your whinefest with her loss for maximum sympathy....

And you dare accuse me of virtue signalling? Please.

We are in a crisis situation, in large part because of false hysteria and fear mongering. It's affecting all of us. For some people, in absolutely devastating ways. You obviously aren't one of them. I will reserve my sympathy and empathy for those who deserve it. And this pity party is a perfect example of the problem. One might even say it smacks of stolen valor... sucking sympathy from those who really deserve it for your first world problems.

The best way -- the ONLY way -- to counteract the negativity is with positivity. Those of us who can make a difference for the better, should be making a difference for the better.

It's our choice.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

You can't possibly live in the US. Trump is being attacked non-stop. Tons of threads on ATS about it too.

Elderly and those with pre-existing conditions are at risk for basically ANY illness. We don't shut down the whole economy over them. For the most part children seem to have very mild symptoms and are much less likely to get Covid-19 than adults.

Based on illness severity, if I had to choose between flu and Covid-19, I would much rather be sick with Covid.

The US has a very low infection rate btw.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I'm sure all over Italy they are all thinking about how this will hurt trump.
I'm willing to bet they don't know who he is other than a name on the news.
They don't care about him. Or the election, or 2016 or any of that.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What does Italy with to do with the media making people think Corona is going to kill everyone because of Trump?
edit on 14-3-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Nonsense. The entire world teamed up with Pelosi and CNN, and killed off a bunch of people, to make dear leader look bad.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Wow Friday the 13th. Text from the dad to wake me up grandma passed last night. Email from work saying don’t come in instead call in for a phone conference. Call in to be told my contract is being terminated along with 3 other employees because of the economic impact of cov19. No severance, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

I blame you America, for all your panic over yet another nothingburger.

And to add to Friday the 13, my oven door handle broke, the fridge light burned out and I can’t buy toilet paper or bread at my grocery store!

Cov19 is having real world impact in America but the biggest illness isn’t the virus.

Just a matter of time before Americans wake up and realize how a grand hoax is being pulled on them. They will ask themselves, (re: www.worldometers.info... )

"Does 2,240 cases of a virus where 99% of the people only experience mild symptoms, warrant all this? Something is wrong with this picture!"

When enough intelligent/thinking people start asking that question, economic recovery will begin. It could start tomorrow if enough Americans start looking at REALITY ( www.worldometers.info... ) instead of listening to dire predictions of doom.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Congress is working on a bill to get you paid leave.
They will work with employers to offset the cost.

It's practically a done deal along with medical care for anyone regardless of insurance or lack of.
Testing will also be free but not a free for all test anyone who wants it because that would be everyone with a sniffle.

They are just waiting on one signature.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: XCrycek

My condolences on the passing of your grandmother.

I sincerely believe that this will blow over (for the most part) by mid-April.

I hope things turn around for you.

Mid April? What do you base that on?
Is it because the ordinary flu disappears in spring/summer?
We are immune to older viruses so that's why they need good conditions to spread around, like dry air in winter months.
No one has immunity for CoVid so it can easily jump from host to host, also during the sommer months.
Italy is in early spring with warmer temperatures but the Covid is still spreading around

The hype and panic is ultimately self-defeating.

It just can't perpetuate for too long.

The virus will burn itself out, it'll become a non-event for 99% of the population.

Life will move onto the next outrage/panic/fear.

Burn itself down after how many millions of deaths?
Why didn't it burn itself down in China, Korea, Italy?,
It only "burned" down after they shut down the whole damn country. That's the only way to stop this.

the really neat part of all of this is, in a month, one of us will be proven right.

Well i hope you will be right, but I fear it will be me.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Nonsense. The entire world teamed up with Pelosi and CNN, and killed off a bunch of people, to make dear leader look bad.

Why are we talking about the whole world?

Millions infected, hundreds of thousands hospitalized, over 60,000 dead. No, not corona, that's the flu in America. Illnesses kill people, it's sad, your whole post is a logical fallacy.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You mean the things Trump said he wanted and he was called out as a liar for saying it?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What does Italy with to do with the media making people think Corona is going to kill everyone because of Trump?

Trump is the only leader to politicize this virus.
There is no left VS right in the rest of the world when it comes to fighting the Covid. First he brushed it off as democrat hoax. Than he said he would refuse to be tested. 20 hours ago he blamed Obama for the slow response of CDC.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

There is no left VS right in the rest of the world when it comes to fighting the Covid. First he brushed it off as democrat hoax. Than he said he would refuse to be tested. 20 hours ago he blamed Obama for the slow response of CDC.

Stupidest comment of the day. Please show me where Trump said the virus is a hoax and doesn't exist.

This is the problem with you foolish stupid liberals, fake news media lies and you lap it up.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You had my sympathies until you ignorantly blamed Americans.

Blame china and the authoritarian globalists.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I haven't heard of this fourteen day cycle. I did read that it can have an incubation period that long. Incubation differed from person to person so that's not showing a cycle.
Please let me know where you got that. Not doubting you. I really want more details about the disease.
This area is like 65% military. People in and out constantly.
If it's anywhere it will be here.
We are both over sixty.
I need to know as much as possible. I
The governor has already closed all the schools K-12.
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Why are we talking about the whole world?

Millions infected, hundreds of thousands hospitalized, over 60,000 dead. No, not corona, that's the flu in America. Illnesses kill people, it's sad, your whole post is a logical fallacy.

SARS is also a flu. H1N1 aka swine flu is also a flu. Spanish flu was also a flu and it killed millions. What's your point?
This is a new flu, a flu we aren't immune to. Just like the spanish flu.
edit on 14-3-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And incredibly sad. I said if it's true I am really sorry.
I will offer a prayer for his grandma too.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

Awesome good thing I am talking about the regular season flu and I can't figure out the point of your post. Maybe you wanted to talk some more nonsense after I caught you lying in your previous post.

Saw your edit. No, this is not a new flu, it's not a flu at all.
edit on 14-3-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Surveyor7

Even the democrats are not gods.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Kool, kalm and kollected .
Appreciate your concern though.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Stupidest comment of the day. Please show me where Trump said the virus is a hoax and doesn't exist.

This is the problem with you foolish stupid liberals, fake news media lies and you lap it up.

I know my post triggered you but there's no need for trash talk. This is not the mud pit.

""One of my people came up to me and said 'Mr. President they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn't work out too well.' They couldn't do it. They tried the impeachment hoax that was on a perfect conversation," he continued
"This is their new hoax," he said, referring to the coronavirus."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join