It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laid off from COV19.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: XCrycek

Awesome good thing I am talking about the regular season flu and I can't figure out the point of your post. Maybe you wanted to talk some more nonsense after I caught you lying in your previous post.

Saw your edit. No, this is not a new flu, it's not a flu at all.

Millions died of what you call "regular season flu" before we devolped an immunity and vaccine against it and it became "an ordinary flu" . That's the threat we are facing now. Covid will eventually become an "ordinary" flu however it will take millions and millions of lives before that because its not behaving the same way the known viruses are.
I don't expect you to thank me for educating you on CoVid but you could at least googled it before you started hurling insults.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I saw all that.
It doesn't say anything about a fourteen day cycle though.

The news is including all those charts and as much information as is available.

Thank you.

link   

Illnesses kill people, it's sad, your whole post is a logical fallacy.

And yours is just false.

link   

Hahahahaha. It's like you can't even realize what you just did. This is the media's injection and is not part of the quote.

he said, referring to the coronavirus.

That is fake news. The fake news media lied and you lapped it up, exactly like I said. He called the political attacks against him and the things they were saying a hoax, it was lies. Claiming he was talking about the virus itself doesn't even make sense, you have to be an incredibly low IQ person to ever come away with thinking his comment was in reference to the virus.

What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

www.snopes.com...

Seriously, you could not have made a better post showing how wrong you are.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Illnesses kill people, it's sad, your whole post is a logical fallacy.

And yours is just false.

I love how you pointed out what was false. Top job.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ketsuko

I haven't heard of this fourteen day cycle. I did read that it can have an incubation period that long. Incubation differed from person to person so that's not showing a cycle.
Please let me know where you got that. Not doubting you. I really want more details about the disease.
This area is like 65% military. People in and out constantly.
If it's anywhere it will be here.
We are both over sixty.
I need to know as much as possible. I
The governor has already closed all the schools K-12.
Thanks!

There's no cycle. Wuhan is closed down 50 + days and counting. Its because Trump said that the outbreak would be gone come spring couple of weeks ago. That's why so many on ATS are pushing this theory.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have not heard one thing about TP hoarding on the news and my stores shelves are not being bought bare.
That's two strikes against that being true from my POV.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Hahahahaha. It's like you can't even realize what you just did. This is the media's injection and is not part of the quote.

he said, referring to the coronavirus.

That is fake news. The fake news media lied and you lapped it up, exactly like I said. He called the political attacks against him and the things they were saying a hoax, it was lies. Claiming he was talking about the virus itself doesn't even make sense, you have to be an incredibly low IQ person to ever come away with thinking his comment was in reference to the virus.

What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

www.snopes.com...

Seriously, you could not have made a better post showing how wrong you are.

But he said that CoVid was "their new hoax" in line with Russia and impeachment. And reassured that he is handling the "best" way. Same crap he says about everything

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
If it has little to no effect on young people, then why are so many young people being admitted in Boston presumptive of the virus? A few friends are ER RNs and are reporting such.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You mean Trump echoed what experts say is likely? And it's likely because other Corona viruses that infect humans, which are very similar to this one, do exactly that. Thank you for once again highlighting how people are politicizing Covid-19 to attack Trump.

"This is a respiratory virus and they always give us trouble during cold weather, for obvious reasons," Nelson Michael, a leading US military medical researcher, said of the novel coronavirus last week. "We're all inside, the windows are closed, etcetera, so we typically call that the influenza or the flu season."

Michael predicted the coronavirus may behave like the flu and give us "less trouble as the weather warms up," but, he cautioned, it could come back when the weather gets cold again.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: XCrycek

a reply to: Rob808

My condolences on the passing of your grandmother.

I sincerely believe that this will blow over (for the most part) by mid-April.

I hope things turn around for you.

Mid April? What do you base that on?
Is it because the ordinary flu disappears in spring/summer?
We are immune to older viruses so that's why they need good conditions to spread around, like dry air in winter months.
No one has immunity for CoVid so it can easily jump from host to host, also during the sommer months.
Italy is in early spring with warmer temperatures but the Covid is still spreading around

The hype and panic is ultimately self-defeating.

It just can't perpetuate for too long.

The virus will burn itself out, it'll become a non-event for 99% of the population.

Life will move onto the next outrage/panic/fear.

Burn itself down after how many millions of deaths?
Why didn't it burn itself down in China, Korea, Italy?,
It only "burned" down after they shut down the whole damn country. That's the only way to stop this.

the really neat part of all of this is, in a month, one of us will be proven right.

I really really hope it's you.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BostonBill99

You are giving me literally nothing to go on, no facts, no data.

As outbreaks of COVID-19 disease caused by the novel severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) continue worldwide, there's reassuring evidence that children have fewer symptoms and less severe disease.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Your ignorance is astounding. Covid-19 will never become a seasonal flu, it is not a flu. It's a completely different family of viruses. Infuenza viruses cause the flu. Covid-19 is not caused by an influenza virus.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You mean Trump echoed what experts say is likely? And it's likely because other Corona viruses that infect humans, which are very similar to this one, do exactly that. Thank you for once again highlighting how people are politicizing Covid-19 to attack Trump.

"This is a respiratory virus and they always give us trouble during cold weather, for obvious reasons," Nelson Michael, a leading US military medical researcher, said of the novel coronavirus last week. "We're all inside, the windows are closed, etcetera, so we typically call that the influenza or the flu season."

Michael predicted the coronavirus may behave like the flu and give us "less trouble as the weather warms up," but, he cautioned, it could come back when the weather gets cold again.

www.cnn.com...

Lol. Cold weather? Madrid, Spain, is the new epicenter for covid in Europe. Weather in Madrid is sunny, 23 c aka 73 degrees fahrenheit. Why is Madrid the epicenter of CoVid with such high temperatures?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I'm in the US.
Plenty of threads alright.
Oh I did see a video where trump said "I take no responsibility", (ain't it the truth) and then tell a black reported whom he has attacked in the past, that her question about his statement was nasty.
So very typically trumpism.
If that's what you mean, well he kinda brought that on himself.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: rickymouse

I have not heard one thing about TP hoarding on the news and my stores shelves are not being bought bare.
That's two strikes against that being true from my POV.

Seriously? There are nursing memes about it. There is no TP anywhere here. Glad people are less dumb where you live.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I just sourced experts on CNN saying the same thing Trump said. Influenza follows the same pattern. Are you saying Madrid doesn't ever get influenza? That's incredible, can you source it?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wow, OP, that's just one stroke of bad luck after another compounding on top of major stresses. I feel for you, we've BTDT in a similar (though not exact) manner. My grandmother hid terminal cancer from everyone, and we moved across the country with her to take care of her in her more frail years. Then she died right after moving into a house we spent 3 months competing in a hot market for.
Not only did it throw us for a total loop, her assets were frozen, so all the bills she handled were suddenly not, and we had to scramble to try to make ends meet and avoid shut offs or eviction. To say we were stuck with bills and a house grandma could afford (lived off a big inheritance she got, plus her SS) but we couldn't afford was an understatement.

We're in a fantastic spot today, it all worked out damn well in the end, but the first year in this house was a stressful emotionally fraught mess, between trying get with good paying work, and handle her affairs (no will, and none of her kids were willing to pay for probate court, the cheap bastards) We didn't have the money for that, so we just washed our hands of it and focused on trying to stabilize the ship, so to speak.

A couple of posters coming in here to bash the OP need to just shut the hell up and leave. They're such broken messes mentally they cannot fathom compounding irritations in an already stressful post-death & layoff situation for someone else. IT HAPPENS, BTDT. The big stress is the death, followed very closely by the layoff. No one needs or wants to deal with the minor setbacks that can crop up after a wham, bam two-hitter like that, even if it is a broken handle on something. There's a camel, it's back can only tolerate so many straws. And those bashing the OP are NOT Superman by any means. You know who you are, and you know you're far from perfect. Suck it up and be nice instead of asses. If I can do it, so can you. Grow up.
edit on 3/14/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Let me know when the media says that.
If yours is you should change the channel.
That's not good info.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Your ignorance is astounding. Covid-19 will never become a seasonal flu, it is not a flu. It's a completely different family of viruses. Infuenza viruses cause the flu. Covid-19 is not caused by an influenza virus.

Lol. Ebola is also a virus. First outbreak of Ebola was in 1976 and it happened again. 5 years ago. Same with CoVid. Before our immune system can handle it and an vaccine is available millions and millions will get it. It will come back again and again and again I'm the future. I'm going to start charging you for these lessons.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join