It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laid off from COV19.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the support, hopefully this doesn’t lead to more layoffs. a reply to: Daughter2

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I agree. The over-hype, the panic, it's frustrating.

I honestly believe that more people will be affected by the drama than by the virus itself as already seen in this thread and in your area.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thanks, it’s never easy but my family seemed to breath a sigh of relief after she passed from a very long health struggle.

On the plus, oven door fixed, light bulb replaced and the little corner deli still has TP for those not shopping for the apocalypse.

I agree things will blow over once the flu season is done. come May, folks will drinking Coronas for cinco se Mayo.

a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Which part? That mass hysteria has ensued over a virus that has little to no effect on almost anyone under 60, and is really only a threat to those 70+?

Or the part the media and Democrats are constantly attacking Trump over this, driving the hysteria.

I have an asthmatic daughter who may have it, and I love the elderly folks in my life. What about China, Iran, Italy, Norway, etc... are they all just in on the Democrat's hoax? I haven't really seen him being attacked, to be honest. He's established travel bans from several countries, though perhaps a little late, and I think he's going to handle it to the best of his ability. When, not if, it hits the fan it'll be time to either praise or attack him. I hope he makes the right decisions.

That being said, gutting the pandemic response panel before this was a terrible idea. Also putting a man who doesn't believe in science as the czar.
edit on 14-3-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
# happens, that's why I prep, you should too. Maybe you will learn s lesson from this event in your life. I was laid off from a job when the housing bubble crash happened in 2009, out of work for 9 months, but ended up with a much better job. I was a prepper back then too, so I had a nice 9 month vacation on unemployment. 👍

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

First, my condolences for your loss. That's tough. Losing someone you love and hold dear always is.

Second, since you obviously have the luxury of indulging in a pity party rather than devoting your time and energy to resolving your problems, and it would seem that you are of sound mind and body and not in the at risk group, seems to me that this a great opportunity to devote some of your time and energy to those less fortunate.... those most vulnerable who are most at risk and those who don't have the resources and options to take care of their own needs at this time. You know, the ones for whom this is a genuine crisis and not just an inconvenience to whine about...

Or did you just want some cheese with that whine? Brie? Havarti? Limberger???

Good luck with finding whatever you need.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I said this in another thread. The cure is worse than the disease. Covid-19 is being used as a political tool to hurt Trump and if people are casualties of war so be it. At Any Cost!

O please... Not everything is about Trump.
edit on 14-3-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

"Liberal driven fear". Im reading fox news right now and they have many of the same type of articles cnn has. Like , "should you go to the movies", or "seatle exec: corona virus cases to increase".

Fox is doing nothing differently making your "liberal" media driven fears a false statement.

Is the media in general blowing this out of proportion? Probably.... But stop looking to blame politics. It's just the msm in general.

edit on 14-3-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I said this in another thread. The cure is worse than the disease. Covid-19 is being used as a political tool to hurt Trump and if people are casualties of war so be it. At Any Cost!

Trump Defense Syndrome in full effect, you do realise this is happening worldwide and not just on planet USA, how are people dying/contracting C19 in Italy, Spain, UK, etc negatively impacting on Mr Trump

Its not always about Mr Trump as hard as that maybe for you to hear, sorry he is just your leader not the world leader

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hey, don’t take over my thread with your political bias. Go to the mud pit. You’re the only one talking about trump here. projection much? a reply to: UpIsNowDown

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Never miss a moment to signal virtue eh? Family death, losing employment those are only things a privileged person has.

Why so rude? You have no idea what steps I’ve taken (besides fix my kitchen).

Get bent. You’ve only shown your own assumptions about me. I lost my grandmother and my employment within hours of eachother. Seemed like a low moment but you’re right. I deserve your scorn in this moment and your high horse rant about giving up for others. Shove it where the sun don’t shine, I have no time for your preaching.

a reply to: Boadicea

edit on 14-3-2020 by Rob808 because: Some people are losers

edit on 14-3-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Which part? That mass hysteria has ensued over a virus that has little to no effect on almost anyone under 60, and is really only a threat to those 70+?

Or the part the media and Democrats are constantly attacking Trump over this, driving the hysteria.

I have an asthmatic daughter who may have it, and I love the elderly folks in my life. What about China, Iran, Italy, Norway, etc... are they all just in on the Democrat's hoax? I haven't really seen him being attacked, to be honest. He's established travel bans from several countries, though perhaps a little late, and I think he's going to handle it to the best of his ability. When, not if, it hits the fan it'll be time to either praise or attack him. I hope he makes the right decisions.

That being said, gutting the pandemic response panel before this was a terrible idea. Also putting a man who doesn't believe in science as the czar.

I don't think we can look at the political angle of all of this in such a myopic way .... "its all a Democrat's hoax" is not the proper way to look at it.

It is clearly a real global phenomenon and it is affecting world patties that are normally opposed to each other at relatively equal severity. So it can't possibly be the doing of "the unscrupulous Democrats" or even "the scary Chinese" and ect as they are all at risk and are losing something in this.

However I think the geopolitical wranglings do give us an indication of how severe this problem is.

The Chinese are now (according to the OP) saber rattling over stopping supply to the US of important goods. That seems scary doesn't it? But the truth is the Chinese have not yet achieved a state where their own domestic consumers can sustain their economy; they still need the US... and they fully understand that our MIC isn't going to stand by as China suffocates the US; some quarters of the MIC have been looking for a reason to heat things up with China and even the possibility of in embargoe would give them the argument they need. Does that mean the US would win? No; but we will try and China doesn't want that any more than the rest of us ... at least not now. What they do want and now have is leverage over the more mundane tariff war that has been going on... and they are looking to use it.

Saudi Arabia and Russia oil power play. At the end of the day no matter what happens they need people to buy their oil. If they where to miscalculate and send the world economy into a tail spin it would wind up hurting themselves just as much as each other and the rest of us. But still here they are playing games during a world pandemic that seems to have the potential to crash the economy.

Here at home; despite our political differences it does seem to be true when the chips are down we do come together to work through the problem. Picture NJ Governor Christie singing the praises of President Obama in the run up to the a presidential election. Christie was dealing with a catastrophic event and Obama did what he could to help; it didn't matter that both of them could have used the situation to help themselves politically because the situation was to important. However now look at how are politicians and media are treating this pandemic; they are all making the political expedient move every chance they can get. Yes the Democrats and the Media are using this situation to hurt the President (you don't ask a president if (s)he takes the blame for the pandemic on national television if your not trying to trip them up). But such political expediency is also occurring locally to; NYC mayor Bill DeBlasio will gladly tell you how bad his political rivals are dealing with the situation... but he won't close his schools because he needs them to be daycare centers. Would that really be his concern if we where facing cataclysm?

The situation from a personal perspective is bad; like you said we all have family members who can be affected; my own father had a kidney transplant not to long ago. But from a socially stand point it can't be as bad as we are being lead to believe because the power players are not dealing with it as such. You could believe that these people are incompetent ... but all of them, in the same way? You could say that they are all heart less ... but if things get as bad as some think than it won't just be a mater of heat these power players will loss power and money.

To me all of this tells me this pandemic is not as bad as many fear and that yes our leaders are using that fact and our fear for their own political goals... to some that means hurting the president.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Please tell me you don't honestly believe this.

It's not a matter of "belief." It's a matter of seeing the writing on the wall. It's clear for anyone willing to see. For others, the reality is too disturbing and it's better to commit to the delusion that everything is normal and the government loves us and can be trusted.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I just cant...

The whole world is working against trump?
The whole world.

He will never be that important and this thought is a combination of bragadocious nonsense and outright paranoia.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Our governess here in Michigan just shut down the entire school system for three weeks and with spring break approaching, they added that extra week on to it in our local schools.

I've been doing custodial work with the schools and up to about two weeks ago I was getting overtime to cover for an employee that left due to health issues. Now that they replaced that employee they reduced my hours to 30 per week. Well, with the mandatory shut downs, I may get another week in of "deep cleaning" at my school, but it's very likely I'll be getting unpaid leave after that.

I got very little back on my tax returns, my propane tank is near empty (will cost almost $800 to fill), I just paid my property taxes and the electric bills are still rather high from the winter use. I'm pretty much broke now and I earn just enough to not be able to seek help from the government. Hopefully the school will make up the missed weeks during summer break when I would get laid off anyway.

My GF's daughter basically lost her job due to shut downs as well. I'm sure many others have a similar story right now.
edit on 14-3-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My condolences on the passing of your grandmother.

I sincerely believe that this will blow over (for the most part) by mid-April.

I hope things turn around for you.

Mid April? What do you base that on?
Is it because the ordinary flu disappears in spring/summer?
We are immune to older viruses so that's why they need good conditions to spread around, like dry air in winter months.
No one has immunity for CoVid so it can easily jump from host to host, also during the sommer months.
Italy is in early spring with warmer temperatures but the Covid is still spreading around
edit on 14-3-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Please tell me you don't honestly believe this.

To some extent it's true. They are increasing the panic on purpose in order to make all the bad effects lay at Trump's feet as though they are his fault.

To a certain extent, some of the things being done do need to be done in order to make sure we don't turn out like Italy, but they are doing as much as they can to panic people and make them blame all the fall out as the President's fault, and I suspect they'll continue to do so no matter how this ends whether people die or they don't, and I suspect we may not see much in the way of large scale outbreaks here *because* of the actions being taken.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

Mid-April because this thing goes in 14-day cycles, and you need to social distancing to keep it checked for two to three of those cycles to try to break the transmission chain up.

Mid-April gives it about two or so of those cycles with widespread social distancing measures in place in this country.

It won't be completely gone by then, but it should be flattened out enough that we can ride the rest out.
edit on 14-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

You grandmother passed away and your concern includes a refrigerator handle?

Something makes me think this is a click bait thread.
I am very sorry if this is true.
Well honestly I would be. But I don't believe a word of it.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

What activity is it people are cancelling?
What is your business?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join