It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching people prepare for Covid-19

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I don’t know one person that is prepping in any serious way .

Now on toilet paper .

The black ink on newspapers bleeds through and don’t use the glossy pages . 😁

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Purel is made by GoJo in Akron, Ohio. Akron is fairly close to Cleveland, which is where the three cases confirmed in Ohio are located. Ohio is not under a declared state of emergency...so now who is gonna get their hand sanitizer now?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The moat around my house was 75% done...until one of the diggers sneezed and they all ran off.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I have allergies and probably use more toilet paper to blow my nose than to wipe.

Either way it never goes bad and is easy enough to store.

I don’t understand why people are so worried and judgemental about what other people do. I guess it makes them feel superior or something.

NO, I think it's more about people being greedy and buying up sh#t, leaving nothing for anyone else!..make sense?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: JON666

originally posted by: visitedbythem
About a month ago, I felt stupid for having all of my 401K money in a stable value account. I don't feel so stupid now

Not long ago people raised eyebrows when I told them I had 4 freezers full of food, solar/ battery bank, barrels of water, and probably over 1000 lbs of dry food. They thought I was stupid for stockpiling food, guns, ammo, gold and silver, and growing my own vegetables.

I wonder what they think now?

May I ask why you have gold and silver? I have a cow to eat your out of food I can eat my cow can you eat your gold and silver? Why shpuld I trade something I can eat for something I cant eat?

I have plenty of cow, pig, chicken, lamb, crab, scallops, lobster tail, and all kinds of fish. I have between 1000 and 2000 lbs, all kinds of frozen veggies, and fruit, and fruit and gardens of vegetables and tubers. I have solar to run my 4 freezers if the grid shuts down, and rivers to draw water, and carbon filters to purify it.
Enjoy your cow

Hopefully ypu have plenty of protection in situations like this raiders will be rampant and many with government training will survive and spme will become raisers it always happens when society breaks down look at the great depression and back to the raiding parties of the civil war. We are a dog eat dog entities and when it gets bad enough we become dogs history has proven this over and over. Stay safe.

My ammo safe is so full with assorted rounds, 22, 38S, 357, 45, 50 mag, 12 gauge 00, and slugs. Plywood to cover the downstairs front window, and 2 very large Halon fire extinguishers, and a pitbull to back me up. Also multiple large pepper spray cannisters. I might be ok!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Ive been warning guys at work for 3 weeks, to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. I told them to buy bulk food to put away. Some said they were going to

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
One change I've noticed is while working out at my club this evening, people are FINALLY wiping down their machines with disinfectant wipes after using.
Always pissed me off when they didn't.

I think a good thing to come from this overblown "crisis" is that people are more aware of their own hygiene.

Coronavirus aside...this fresh awareness should greatly reduce regular flu cases this year...saving many lives.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah we live in Earthquake country so we already had an elaborate survival setup so we have not been panic buying. Rather we have not overbought (well maybe one case of bottled water)

In California most of us stocked up ahead of last years online ammo sale ban and I have always figure ammo was better for bartering than gold

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I hate to say it because everyone else is so sure.

But I’m still not sure this is going to become anything huge .

I lived through the swine flu people were just as frantic .

I’m gonna have to see a huge spike in cases .

At this point I remain optimistic .

But there’s two things for sure.

The media is over hyping it.

The Democrats are going to ride it to the general election .

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I don’t know one person that is prepping in any serious way .

Now on toilet paper .

The black ink on newspapers bleeds through and don’t use the glossy pages . 😁

Most people who prep are prepped. Alot of the panic IMHO are those that have nothing prepared and now are reflexively overreacting.. A neighbor bought (I @#$% you not...ha ha humor ar ar ) basically 20 Costco sized cased of TP. Good god they are a family of 4 so they will be good till 2025

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My house is prepped, with normal rations, meat in the freezer, a few loaves of bread in the freezer, got a keg of beer, plenty of soap and bleach cleaner, couple cases of ramen half a case of tuna beans and a bunch of Mac n cheese. Oh and a few big jars of kimchi. Last but not least about 15 rolls of TP. ENOUGH to live in the house for about a month, if needed.

Also have a generator and gas in case of a hurricane, in addition to a pandemic.
edit on 9-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No, not really. A "prepper" and being prepared are two different sides of a spectrum. If you are a "hard core prepper" you probably have lots of issues. If you don't prepare at all you are probably a moron. Most people who i know who are "preppers" are on the lower end of the socioeconomic scale. They believe all sorts of dumb stuff, they are sad. It comes down to this, does your world revolve around what it will be like in the future apocalypse or world of now? If you are living for the end, you are likely a loser in the now. If you find the happy medium you are good to go.

V

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

Most people who i know who are "preppers" are on the lower end of the socioeconomic scale.

You must not know a lot of rich people. They are the most paranoid people. Many are preppers, they just don't advertise it.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: JAGStorm

No, not really. A "prepper" and being prepared are two different sides of a spectrum. If you are a "hard core prepper" you probably have lots of issues. If you don't prepare at all you are probably a moron. Most people who i know who are "preppers" are on the lower end of the socioeconomic scale. They believe all sorts of dumb stuff, they are sad. It comes down to this, does your world revolve around what it will be like in the future apocalypse or world of now? If you are living for the end, you are likely a loser in the now. If you find the happy medium you are good to go.

V

Im not sad
Im not poor either

I agree that some people believe dumb stuff, and people who are not prepared are the dumbest of all

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
People laugh about stockpiling toilet paper .

But picture this .

It’s 90° there’s no electricity and your stuck in the house for two months with the wife and your mother-in-law .

And of course IT’s ALL YOUR FAULT!

Now if that ain’t bad enough .

Think about enduring that with a chafed butt that’s verging on diaper rash .

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My family believed the prophecy from a small Russian Christian boy. We sold our home and farm in Turkey in 1910, and followed the instructions even though we weren't Christian. Everyone laughed at us, and said we were dumb and foolish, to believe such nonsense. We heard later that almost everyone who jeered at us were dead. They had been raped, tortured and murdered. 1.5 million

According to the 1920 US census, only 3 other families with our last name made it here.

So, it appears that sometimes it is the folks who call others dumb, are actually the dumb and stupid ones. Beware scoffers. My God didn't bring my family here to die. He wants us to always be prepared

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I have no need to prepare up here .

My wife always buys bulk on everything .

Our pantry is a walk in closet .

Outside of water she’s probably got enough sodas and stuff for three months .

If it got bad at all I would head home .

I’m uber prepared down there .

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The thing about toilet paper is this:

IF, and I mean a huge IF.

IF electricity, water or sewer fail, typhus will quickly be a much bigger problem than the Covid family moving in.

IF your municipal water supply fails, toilets won't flush. You'll be digging holes in the yard.

Also, most people after 3 days of thirst will get every bucket in the house and head down to the nearest river, creek or lake, and fill up their vessels.

Someone won't have wiped zer butt, because they'll be out of TP. And they won't have washed their hands, because they don't have sanitizer.

Someone else will have the squirts from eating ramen all week. They will NEED to go, right when they at the shore filling buckets. they will walk into the nearest stand of trees... and step in the previous guy's poo.

All of those guys with ... "dirt" under their fingernails will waddle down to the Watters edge with buckets and pails, and start submerging their hands in the water someone else will drink next.

That's how typhus still exists in 21st century.

So God bless them. Get them all the TP and hani-tizer they can stand. Please.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think the toilet paper hording has to do with people think that since everyone else is hording it they have to as well or they won't have any when they need it. It really has nothing to do with the various; its just the direction the heard is moving.

If the TV put a picture of empty shelves where snow shovels once hung there would be a run on snow shovels... it happens every year before "the snow storm of the century".

Personally I don't understand the level of fear out there even when it comes to food storage. This virus is not a SHTF moment and won't require months of stocked food to survive. One should always be prepared for the normal routine natural disaster and this virus is not any worse than that.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: visitedbythem

I hate to say it because everyone else is so sure.

But I’m still not sure this is going to become anything huge .

I lived through the swine flu people were just as frantic .

I’m gonna have to see a huge spike in cases .

At this point I remain optimistic .

But there’s two things for sure.

The media is over hyping it.

The Democrats are going to ride it to the general election .

I hear what you are saying.... But.... Seeing how China reacted by shutting down 80-90% of their production, and locking down large portions of the country, and tanker trucks fumigating the streets were the only traffic. I saw a woman fall face first into the street. She didn't even put her arms out to catch herself. And now we hear news of Italy getting hit hard as well. Lets hope the media is just BSing us, but be prepared in case they aren't crying wolf this time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join