It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching people prepare for Covid-19

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You forgot firearms and ammunition. I can easily obtain all of the above with the two I mentioned.

I mentioned that a few rows down. To all the people that stockpile, I hope they have a way to protect it & hope that people aren't moved to other areas!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I had an interesting call from a mate at work tonight, I work in a Private hospital but have been on annual leave the last week.

Apparently people are opening the ward hand sanitizer dispensers and nicking the bottle of alcohol gel from inside!

I wonder when we will start putting a lock on them?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

Apparently people are opening the ward hand sanitizer dispensers and nicking the bottle of alcohol gel from inside!

I wonder why people love those sanitizers so much, but don't like just washing with soap and water. Really weird!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
Only thing that annoys me is IPA Isopropyl alcohol has shot up.

1ltr cost me £4.99
now its
1ltr £24.99

Only wanted it to clean my pc.

Got to love scummy dealings.

There is a little bottle of spray to clean eyeglasses, it does a great job of cleaning screens too.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

originally posted by: JON666

originally posted by: visitedbythem
About a month ago, I felt stupid for having all of my 401K money in a stable value account. I don't feel so stupid now

Not long ago people raised eyebrows when I told them I had 4 freezers full of food, solar/ battery bank, barrels of water, and probably over 1000 lbs of dry food. They thought I was stupid for stockpiling food, guns, ammo, gold and silver, and growing my own vegetables.

I wonder what they think now?

May I ask why you have gold and silver? I have a cow to eat your out of food I can eat my cow can you eat your gold and silver? Why shpuld I trade something I can eat for something I cant eat?

U think that but when you want to sell your cows milk that is going bad bye the hr and the only person around to sell it to dosent want to trade food what are you going to do dump it on the ground find out what happens when you drink 3 gallons of milk in a day

Or perhaps people will trade in gold silver and lead I'm going with gold silver and lead will always be valuable

It is not that hard to make powder milk, farmer or aged cheeses and save your milk before it spoils. So you will always have a commodity that is of use and need. Same with those sly chicken farmers. Eggs can easily be dehydrated and powdered too. Both can even be done even if you lose electricity by tweaking simmering times and using the sun, instead of an oven or dehydrator. Manual grinding instead of blender/sifter. Farmers never have to waste their commodity.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I wonder why people love those sanitizers so much, but don't like just washing with soap and water. Really weird!

Absolutely......The infection control nurses tell us daily that washing with soap and hot water is far more effective than hand/alcohol sanitizer.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I bought 2 bottles of bourbon last week instead of just 1.

Thanks for stocking up for me, I'll be over to collect it when the zombies start roaming.

What in the hell makes you think I still have 2 full bottles of bourbon???

I said I bought them LAST week!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Damn your ass to hell.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Do you know how many bottles of bourbon hand sanitizer you could have made...???!
But.. seriously.... people are wasting expensive alcohol by making handmade sanitizer with it.
Those idiots didn't know you could just take a shot and lick your hands!!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Do you know how many bottles of bourbon hand sanitizer you could have made...???!
But.. seriously.... people are wasting expensive alcohol by making handmade sanitizer with it.
Those idiots didn't know you could just take a shot and lick your hands!!

Barbarians!

*clutches pearls and swoons*

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
As a halfassed futurist, I have a prediction. People will have to carry their own toilet paper around with them when out and about, because all the public facilities won't have any.

future invention, a despenser for a roll that you can hang on you belt or purse strap. And a very hip way to accessories that nice outfit.

New slang expression..."hey bro, you solid with a fold or two"

And soon to follow....TP crime!!

it's a brave new world....
edit on 9-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: JON666

Just because they're buying gold and silver to get ahead of whatever happens market-wise, doesn't mean they haven't also stocked up on food.

If everything goes to hell and there is no market you still can't eat your gold.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

People will have to carry their own toilet paper around with them when out and about, because all the public facilities won't have any.

This is somewhat crazy/scary. I worked at a place where a person was fired for stealing tp.
It made me think they were watching us while we were in the stalls.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

If everything goes to hell and there is no market you still can't eat your gold.

Gold will always have value. There is a video in China where people were running out of money. They were literally trading their gold jewelry for food.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Most people in the Chicago area don't seem to care much about CoronaVirus. My brother in Mississippi says a lot of people are wearing masks there.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

About a month ago, I felt stupid for having all of my 401K money in a stable value account. I don't feel so stupid now

Not long ago people raised eyebrows when I told them I had 4 freezers full of food, solar/ battery bank, barrels of water, and probably over 1000 lbs of dry food. They thought I was stupid for stockpiling food, guns, ammo, gold and silver, and growing my own vegetables.

May I ask why you have gold and silver? I have a cow to eat your out of food I can eat my cow can you eat your gold and silver? Why shpuld I trade something I can eat for something I cant eat?

I have plenty of cow, pig, chicken, lamb, crab, scallops, lobster tail, and all kinds of fish. I have between 1000 and 2000 lbs, all kinds of frozen veggies, and fruit, and fruit and gardens of vegetables and tubers. I have solar to run my 4 freezers if the grid shuts down, and rivers to draw water, and carbon filters to purify it.
Enjoy your cow

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

It's because the gel is portable.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

This isn't the The End of the World LOL. Most preppers are losers in today's world and hoping they will "cash in" when it all comes apart...I think the same reason why the fail at today's world is why they would likely fail in any future world. For most of us this flu represents getting sick and recovering. It will affect those with existing conditions very badly. I think a lot of people on the margins health-wise will die. I am definitely not one who minimizes the impact. I think the economic fall out of people panicking and not doing their normal day to day business will be far more impactfull than the actual flu will be. Everyone should be prepared all the time in my opinion. There is not going to be any impact on electricity and we are moving out of the cold seasons in the US. The government is doing a pretty good job so far with what little they can do. Overall i think it will be a good wake up call for most people. Remember folks, when it comes to stocks buy low sell high. It is now a good time to be looking at big losers in the stock market and "prepping" for retirement.

V

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

You are talking out of both sides of your neck:

Most preppers are losers in today's world and hoping they will "cash in" when it all comes apart

Everyone should be prepared all the time in my opinion.

So which is it, they should be prepared or not?

I give all the respect in the world to preppers. They rely on themselves versus the government or other people.
Back in the day every single family was considered to be a prepper.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I have plenty of cow, pig, chicken, lamb, crab, scallops, lobster tail, and all kinds of fish. I have between 1000 and 2000 lbs, all kinds of frozen veggies, and fruit, and fruit and gardens of vegetables and tubers. I have solar to run my 4 freezers if the grid shuts down, and rivers to draw water, and carbon filters to purify it.
Enjoy your cow

Hopefully ypu have plenty of protection in situations like this raiders will be rampant and many with government training will survive and spme will become raisers it always happens when society breaks down look at the great depression and back to the raiding parties of the civil war. We are a dog eat dog entities and when it gets bad enough we become dogs history has proven this over and over. Stay safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join