It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching people prepare for Covid-19

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Watching people prepare for Covid-19 might be the weirdest thing I've ever seen in all my years on this earth.

I am amazed that people find that toilet paper is the most valuable item, followed closely by hand sanitizer.

Forget water, canned meat, canned foods, electrolyte drinks, long shelf life items, or even medicine. Yep, toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
I didn't realize that there is a deep seated fear that people have, that they will not have toilet paper to wipe.
Are we that far removed from true survival that this is what people think is most important?

I think hand sanitizer is great in a pinch, but it is both unhealthy and not better than good ol' soap and water.
From what I've seen, most places have not had utilities turned off.

In addition to tp and hand sanitizer, people have gone crazy for face masks. I find it really weird that people feel 1000000% with a face mask on, but leave their big ol' eyeballs totally unprotected.

Although I think this virus is terrible, I think the silver lining in this is that people are starting to realize how dependent they are on daily luxuries. The preppers don't seem so nuts now do they?????!!!!!

Edit to add: My dad started teaching me survival tactics at age 7, I truly think this was the most valuable gift a parent can teach a child.
edit on 9-3-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Mormons will be just fine

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am amazed at how easily folks are frightened nowadays.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

Mormons are stocked up for years, but are they too kind? Are they ready for battle? It seems
like mormons love to talk about their 3+ years of food storage, maybe that will be their downfall if things get
really bad.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
For all those freaking out about the CoronaVirus, here is a link to the cure:

www.cvs.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I was at home depot last week and the guy mixing my paint said that someone came in and bought all the respirators they had on the shelf.

Too funny especially since this virus is not airborne...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Plotus

Mormons are stocked up for years, but are they too kind? Are they ready for battle? It seems
like mormons love to talk about their 3+ years of food storage, maybe that will be their downfall if things get
really bad.

My brother lives in Utah, (not mormon) and says that the church tells their flock to have supplies for bad times. Not a bad idea really.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am going to go and get meat and frozen vegetables. I portion up the meat for later and freeze it. I have 25lbs of rice already, but most of this stuff is the meal prepping I do for my son. I hate not having stuff right when I want it so I always keep it frozen for when I need it

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
About a month ago, I felt stupid for having all of my 401K money in a stable value account. I don't feel so stupid now

Not long ago people raised eyebrows when I told them I had 4 freezers full of food, solar/ battery bank, barrels of water, and probably over 1000 lbs of dry food. They thought I was stupid for stockpiling food, guns, ammo, gold and silver, and growing my own vegetables.

I wonder what they think now?

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I bought 2 bottles of bourbon last week instead of just 1.

Yeah, I'm a prepper.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I think they want your address and when it's likely you won't be home !

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
U need a case!!!

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I bought 2 bottles of bourbon last week instead of just 1.

Yeah, I'm a prepper.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I had to go to 3 places today just to get a pack of those throw away masks....
No , not for concern , I use them while cleaning the cat pan .
I am pissed.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I heard lots of rumours that because a lot of paper products were made in China, and there was a panic that nothing would be going in or out, we'd have a shortage of all paper products. Obviously, that hasn't happened because everyone now has 90 bags of toilet paper. 😂

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have to LOL at the people hoarding up the TP, although when they do it they cause shortages and the next person, who may NOT be freaking out about it and only wants their one FRIGGIN package for the week, cant get any. But since I know my water service aint going anywhere, and I have a nice detachable shower head...I aint gonna worry. Suck on that you only caring about yourselves hoarders!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I was at home depot last week and the guy mixing my paint said that someone came in and bought all the respirators they had on the shelf.

Too funny especially since this virus is not airborne...

Maybe he's a professional painter/contractor and he was buying them for his business.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
About a month ago, I felt stupid for having all of my 401K money in a stable value account. I don't feel so stupid now

Not long ago people raised eyebrows when I told them I had 4 freezers full of food, solar/ battery bank, barrels of water, and probably over 1000 lbs of dry food. They thought I was stupid for stockpiling food, guns, ammo, gold and silver, and growing my own vegetables.

I wonder what they think now?

May I ask why you have gold and silver? I have a cow to eat your out of food I can eat my cow can you eat your gold and silver? Why shpuld I trade something I can eat for something I cant eat?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Mock the people hording Toilet paper all you want. It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye!!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Just because they're buying gold and silver to get ahead of whatever happens market-wise, doesn't mean they haven't also stocked up on food.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's like when people got mad with Noah and made jokes about the arc.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join