It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Remove CoronaVirus-19 from the U.S.A. Everyone Must Be Tested.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: carewemust

Only in America do politicians talk of health care and actually mean health insurance. Which means that when they say "we have the best health care in the world", they are actually saying, "we have the best insurance in the world".

LOL

That's partially correct, but mostly "best healthcare in the world" refers to a lot of things. One of them being FAST access to diagnosis/treatment.

Also, there's a location in Chicago that people come to from all over the world for "the best" medical care. Entire doctor/hospital complex. Most don't accept health insurance.

If the U.S. switched to a Government-Only system, more of the best doctors will opt-out of treating average people.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I think that if a rapid screening test is developed that is accurate, the US should implement aggressive testing like South Korea has, but it's more to get an accurate idea of the true nature of the disease.

South Korea seems to be uncovering that the real CFR of COVID is closer to 0.6% with their aggressive testing because they're able to uncover the mild cases that are falling under the radar everywhere else. They're tested over 140,000 to date, and their kits are about 95% accurate.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
To remove CoVid from any country everyone has to take responsibility. But its kinda hard when you have a jackass of a president

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
To remove CoVid from any country everyone has to take responsibility. But its kinda hard when you have a jackass of a president

So you're going to be an ass because he is? He must be a good leader then to get you leading where he is going.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Where does the money come from?

See, that's the problem with having health care as a profit making exercise. It all comes down to the money.

Only in America do politicians talk of health care and actually mean health insurance. Which means that when they say "we have the best health care in the world", they are actually saying, "we have the best insurance in the world".

LOL

Money and politics is a problem. I'm hearing that Nancy Pelosi loaded up the $8.6 Billion Corona Virus bill with "Christmas Ornaments". Reminds me of the "Never let a good crisis go to waste" saying.

Most of that money will be sucked off for admin. costs, lawyers, contractors and bureaucrats. Just like the "wall" money. Or pentagon money...

There are "healthcare professionals" taking out LLCs as we speak doing the govt. contractor happy dance.

edit on 7-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

See, that's the problem with having health care as a profit making exercise. It all comes down to the money.

LOL

Money and politics is a problem. I'm hearing that Nancy Pelosi loaded up the $8.6 Billion Corona Virus bill with "Christmas Ornaments". Reminds me of the "Never let a good crisis go to waste" saying.

Most of that money will be sucked off for admin. costs, lawyers, contractors and bureaucrats. Just like the "wall" money.

That's the problem with any government program though. The money never does what they tell you it will.

Fighting the virus means paying fat cats, just like shovel ready jobs meant paying off union leadership for their electioneering.

I'm sure though that if we send money to government health care, free college and green energy. *That* money actually will go to those things and not a bunch of bureaucrats and cronies.
edit on 7-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, that's what I was reading about last night. That the U.S. mortality rate will come down dramatically once more people are testing/tested, and the true number of those infected are known.

Source: www.businessinsider.com...

Then, I would be concerned about the U.S. media, who are not "on the peoples side", like South Korean media.

Example: "Experts" favored by 90% of US media:"Now you'll have millions of people walking around with COV-19 Disease. It may be mild and asymptomatic today...but it's a ticking time-bomb inside of you. One that you can spread to your loved ones, where it can possibly kill them!"

Think I'm kidding? They're already fanning panic with milder versions of the above statement.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
You're still here?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

LOL

Most of that money will be sucked off for admin. costs, lawyers, contractors and bureaucrats. Just like the "wall" money. Or pentagon money...

There are "healthcare professionals" taking out LLCs as we speak doing the govt. contractor happy dance.

I met one of those after ObamaCare was passed. He showed me how ObamaCare gave him the ability get 3 payments from the government (legally!) for spending 20 minutes with a person, if he/she was a fat smoker.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Its not going to be "removed" from the US. Its going to run its course.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I wonder what the protocol would be to set up LLC a Cov-19 mobile testing unit; Or a company that monitors those testing positive.

Perhaps the SBA already has some of that 8billion for the savy entrepreneur. Maybe even research grants to conduct demographic info farming related to the cov19 outbreak.

Perhaps even a boiler room call center taking surveys of those that "think" they might just have this COV flu and finding a healthcare provider for them.

I predict an industry springing up from COV19 seeds. Even marketing geeks and bean counters will find opportunities. Not to mention all the IT guys keeping track of the enormous amount of data produced.

This is how we do business in America. Lead, follow or GTF out of the way....

My exwife is a nurse. I'll bet she knows the ropes.
edit on 7-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

To remove it, all borders and flights in would have to be stopped for months, as it’s in many countries now.
Canada’s latest case that we’ve heard of came back from a business trip in the states....

A whole country has a hard time self isolating If the moment you open the border, someone might just walk/fly/drive in with it

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Exactly then when they develope a vaccine it will become part of the normal innoculation process like they did with the swine flu.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

To remove it, all borders and flights in would have to be stopped for months, as it’s in many countries now.
Canada’s latest case that we’ve heard of came back from a business trip in the states....

A whole country has a hard time self isolating If the moment you open the border, someone might just walk/fly/drive in with it

Highly impractical for CoronaVirus-19, in most minds. Since the death-rate is so low, SillyOlMe probably voiced the most feasible solution. Now, if this were deadly in 10% (or more) of the cases, we would need a lock-down and mandatory testing/treatment of everyone in the country. No border crossings into America until a vaccine was available.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Testing 327.2 million people in any sort of viable manner that produced helpful results would take years.

Hence would make the task of doing so simply counterproductive and may end up doing more harm than good by way of wasting valuable resources.
edit on 7-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It is interesting that Elon Musk has big concerns about our C02 emissions and sees that if we can not control it in the next 50 years we are basically screwed and he is leading the cutting edge of technology to reduce it, and he is also a person who is highly concern as to where AI can go in a very bad way, so he has very deep thoughts on major concerns, but he tweeted this about COV19.

This guy is on a different level in thought in just about everything he does...so I tend to believe him more than others...

edit on 7-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Exactly then when they develope a vaccine it will become part of the normal innoculation process like they did with the swine flu.

And the vaccine won't do a damn thing because a virus mutates. Just like the swine flu did.

www.npr.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

And the vaccine won't do a damn thing because a virus mutates. Just like the swine flu did.

We need to remember the common cold is another CoronaVirus, and I don't think we have cured that.....

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Testing 327.2 million in any sort of viable manner that produced helpful results would take years.

Hence would make the task of doing so simply counterproductive and may end up doing more harm than good by way of wasting valuable resources.

The whole purpose of testing is to identify people after symptoms so they can self isolate if positive. All we can do is reduce the transmission rate person to person. The fast spread in China was due to a 1 to 5.5 transmission rate, but the average now seems to be about the typical estimate as the annual influenza outbreaks of 2.6. If we can reduce that 2.6 lower we can control it, and we can work to keep it out of areas where people are in danger to the lethality of it, like nursing homes etc.

Not much more we can do. It would be a win if we can get the lethality down closer to the common flu of .1, so testing everyone is moot, stupid and really undo-able.

edit on 7-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

We need to remember the common cold is another CoronaVirus, and I don't think we have cured that.....

True, but you can self medicate and still function. Cov-19 appears to be more akin to the Flu with much more debilitating consequences.

I got a flu shot this year, still got the flu and felt like sh!t for 3 weeks despite drinking dayquil and nyquil like margaritas at happy hour.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join