It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Remove CoronaVirus-19 from the U.S.A. Everyone Must Be Tested.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Gnarley

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: carewemust

This medical expert on CNN's Anderson Cooper tonight made a good suggestion regarding stopping the spread of CoronaVirus-19 in the U.S., though I don't know if it's logistically practical, or even possible.

I thought CNN has been deemed fake news by the trump WH. Fox is the only reliable source, right? Fair and balanced!!

Gee, that's so on topic, you can almost smell the butthurt...

I say let the virus run it's course. It only kills those who are already a burden on society, leaving a cleaner, stronger and fitter society behind. Sort of doing a 'refresh' in Windows. Gets rid of all the gunk and leaves everything faster, shinier, newer, again.

Am I joking? or am I not... who knows.. I'd be one of the ones to perish, but... this world does need a refresh, I think.. too many trojans out there, pop ups saying "Accept Me!!!" and so much maliciousness that even the best anti-virus will only prolong the inevitable entire system crash.

Your post sort-of echoes a thread I started last month, suggesting that all deadly epidemics, wars, murders are hard-wired into our society by Mother Nature (aka God) to keep human-kind going. Otherwise, human overpopulation would have erased us from the planet, long ago.

Even better is that the newly emerged human race will be able to withstand the turgid climate changes about to hit the world with catastrophic events. We'll invent a new speak, trade with goats feet and farm coconuts, as we stare across the horizon to the olden lands, the cities of the ancients, where no man is allowed to venture, for it is where the happenin' started.

I do agree.. I think it's evident from our history - we grow to extreme and unsustainable proportions and we burn ourselves out.. be it war, famine, disease, etc... problem is, we now have a way to record the things that caused it, and inevitably, the ebb and flow will be hastened and we will either learn from our past mistakes (which will include measures to keep populations sustainable) or we'll just fizzle out, eventually...

I reckon the latter is more likely.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

its a valid topic and needs discussing. I was compelled to toss out the most obvious reason, for discussions sake.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I don't think there is any reason to be concerned. VP Pence has been placed on the task force to oversee the outbreak.

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Vice President Pence is a figurehead, like Joe Biden was in the "Cancer Moonshot" initiative for curing cancer, that Barack Obama appointed him to.

Thanks for that information. Then who in the WH is actually focused on what to do in this situation?

The Center for Disease Control is coordinating with Private Medical Experts to come up with strategies. Pence simply says "YES" or "NO", or runs it by his boss.

For instance, one of the task-force group members suggested $$$ compensation for those who lose $$$ during this out-break. Pence ran that by President Trump, who asked the Treasury and HHS to look into it. This afternoon, the Secretary of the Treasury said they're considering a broad-based "stimulus" along with targeted compensation for those not able to work.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Gnarley
Maybe we have biological criminals introducing viruses into society, the same way we have cyber criminals introducing viruses into the Internet.

Oh I do not doubt this one bit. We're a dangerously curious species. And some of us are not particularly nice. Mix wealth into this mix, and .. not all super villains wear sinister masks!!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

For instance, one of the task-force group members suggested $$$ compensation for those who lose $$$ during this out-break. Pence ran that by President Trump, who asked the Treasury and HHS to look into it. This afternoon, the Secretary of the Treasury said they're considering a broad-based "stimulus" along with targeted compensation for those not able to work.

No, I mean who is the WH point man in directing a response to deal with this COV-19. I don't think throwing money at it will affect the virus one bit.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Sometimes CNN guests are logical in their statements, even if their ideas aren't doable. It makes sense that if CoronaVirus-19 remains in just a few Americans, it could morph again into an Epidemic. Gotta test everybody...it's the only way to be sure.

CNN is never without an agenda.

The CDC does not even know for sure at what point a person
will test positive, let alone testing "everybody". I see this as
a story floated to create fear and panic.

Granted. CNN does pick their guests based on how Anti-Trump and/or Anti-America their views and feelings are.

I saw an ATS thread indicating that CoronaVirus keeps changing as it propagates. If that's true, testing is useless long-term. Perhaps even a vaccine wouldn't work for more than one strain.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

No, I mean who is the WH point man in directing a response to deal with this COV-19. I don't think throwing money at it will affect the virus one bit.

Sure it will , just like throwing money at climate change works so well, wait..ok nevermind.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtellpost removed by staff

Not just Libertarians. At walmart today, alcohol, handi wipes, toilet paper, paper towels, lysol spray, etc. all sold out. And some the floor people were wearing rubber gloves.

edit on 6-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Mar 7 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

its a valid topic and needs discussing. I was compelled to toss out the most obvious reason, for discussions sake.

In a way, this CoronaVirus topic mimics the cost vs results discussions held at Insurance Companies regarding treating people over age 70, 80, 90, etc.. If it costs a bundle but yields no long-term results, the treatment is not approved.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnarley

a reply to: Gnarley
Maybe we have biological criminals introducing viruses into society, the same way we have cyber criminals introducing viruses into the Internet.

Oh I do not doubt this one bit. We're a dangerously curious species. And some of us are not particularly nice. Mix wealth into this mix, and .. not all super villains wear sinister masks!!

You're a comfort tonight, LOL.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

COVID 19 isn't going to be removed, cured or taken out. It's going to become part of the menu, when it comes to inoculation and immunization.

Exactly, which is the normal protocol.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

The states and agencies say the $8.6 Billion CoronaVirus rescue package will help them keep the virus contained.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Libertarians would have a conniption fit over this.

Not just Libertarians. At walmart today, alcohol, handi wipes, toilet paper, paper towels, lysol spray, etc. all sold out. And some the floor people were wearing rubber gloves.

Same at our Walmart. The state of Illinois is sending out information on constructing a "CoronaVirus Survival Kit" at home. The wife had me go to a local (expensive) Walgreens drug store to get Rubbing Alcohol and Hydrogen Peroxide, because the 2 Walmarts she visited were all sold out.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I was rather encouraged that tonight our shopping center nearby was busy with people at the bars and restaurants no masks etc. Of course, it could be like the people warily going back in the ocean in the movie Jaws LOL. But think a good portion of people have developed the much more prevalent Fookitall virus along with some having a touch of Whogivesachit flu.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I won’t be letting any government scum into MY home. You were right when you said it wouldn’t work.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

it does sound logical to test everyone. but it is just not practical, or in all honesty possible. just for the US you would need hundreds of millions of test kits to test everyone just once. and last i recall hearing about numbers of test kits, they had just a few thousand. and where are those kits being made? and where are the medical "ingredients" *for lack of a better word), coming from? it seems most of that type of thing comes from China, which for some reason or another has been having production issues for just about everything. and then shipping issues on top of that. as it is people are currently not able to easily fill prescriptions, or get amounts of it as they normally would. even India which manufactures some drugs is having issues due to the ingredients needed come from China. and as we heard even back at the beginning, China was not shipping near as many masks as t hey normally would, keeping them for themselves. which is actually understandable, since they do have a valid need for them.

and it would take time to set up factories in the US and train people how to do the jobs they would need to do, to produce kits. and that is even if they could get the ingredients needed to make them, in the amounts needed. countries need to take this outbreak as a wakeup call, and learning tool. that they need to start manufacturing important things of strategic importance, like medications and medical supplies and equipment, be made in their own countries, with their own supply lines for things needed to produce such things.

then there is the issue of actually testing people. you would need millions of people trained on how to do the tests. doctors and nurses, are far too busy doing their jobs to become a bunch of lab techs testing everyone. and THEN you run into the issues of processing those hundreds of millions of tests. again there is not the capacity to do so. and these things would be true for every country.

and it would not just be one person, one test. we have seen how there is an issue with people and even test samples testing negative, only to test positive a few days or so later. so realistically if you want to stop it, by quarantining all those that have it, you would need to test every day for at least a month or two, after the last know case to be found. and for those working with the sick, a month or two after the last case has died or has tested negative in several consecutive tests.

you would either have to close down all borders and air travel into the country while all this is going on. and somehow stop all the illegal immigrants that are so impossible to catch (too bad there is not something like a full continual and substantial wall to help along the most illegally crossed border). or if not shut down, then to hold and quarantine all those coming into the country for at least a month of not becoming sick. (and of course that would also mean no one they could have had come into contact with i n that time could become sick. each time someone they could have been in contact with someone, or an area they had been in, that got sick, would of course have to reset that clock).

the reality is, the best we can do, is to just test those who are suspected of having it with the limited kits and resources there are.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
If the President is only interested in the numbers there is no chance of testing being expanded on this scale.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The states and agencies say the $8.6 Billion CoronaVirus rescue package will help them keep the virus contained.

Yes don't fear citizen, your goverment is here to protect you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join