It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am scared ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: On the level

I was in Tenerife 8 days ago, came home felt #, had a course of antibiotics and still feel like death. This isn’t a normal flu, we all know it’s from that Chinese lab in Wuhan.

First, antibiotics don’t do anything for a virus, they’re for bacterial infections.
Second, I just went through a month long flu with the same symptoms as the Covina-19 flu. It’s not it, because where I’m located has zero cases. Zero. What I just went through was a weird completely different flu than anything I’ve ever had.

You’ll probably be just fine. Eat well, get rest, it’ll likely just clear up on it’s own.
Garlic, chicken soup, lots of cough candies....

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ya see, no we will not experience it the same. You have a different method of governance there. Plus, good luck ordering armed Americans to some other site . It's times like these we have to appreciate our second amendment is there for the believers. I believe I will have my life, liberty, and happiness throughout all of 2020 and beyond.

It only saddens me ever slightly that you do not share our optimism.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Either way, being sick is awful.
Good luck my friend.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I think that you shouldn't panic yourself, much as other members here have expressed. Although some have done it in a heavy-handed way. Some people just don't know how to communicate, others don't care much about anyone aside for themselves. Others may just want attention.

On the other hand it is good to recognize our own mortality. It reminds me of the proverb:

"Better to go to the house of mourning than to the house of feasting, for that is the end of every man, and the living should take it to heart."-Ecclesiastes 7:2.

It is good to go to the house of mourning. To see those who have died face to face. Because then the reality of our own mortality sinks in. Those who are too busy partying and being jokesters about everything don't take the time to meditate on the frailty of life, how fleeting it is. They don't realize that our time passes by too fast, and then we are no more.

The wise man contemplates these things. Then when realizing he is helpless against the hands of time, of age, of disease, helpless against death, and that this is the inevitability of all men, searches for God.

In fact the congregator said that there is no advantage of the wise over the fool, the rich over the poor, the strong over the weak. There is no advantage of a human over an animal. Because all of us alike are marching to the same place. The grave. And thus, there is no superiority of one over the other, even man over beast in this regard.

"I also said in my heart about the sons of men that the true God will test them and show them that they are like animals,  for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile.  All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust."-Ecclesiastes 3:18-20.

A person who contemplates their own mortality, their own helplessness against death and who is wise can seek wisdom into how to persevere oneself alive even if they die. And thus the congregator in his vast wisdom, after having observed all things, and having greater wisdom than all men, and greater riches than everyone living, and pleasing himself with anything he desired in life. After it all he concluded this:

"“The greatest futility!” says the congregator. “Everything is futile.”
 Not only had the congregator become wise but he continually taught the people what he knew, and he pondered and made a thorough search in order to compile many proverbs. The congregator sought to find delightful words and to record accurate words of truth.
The words of the wise are like oxgoads, and their collected sayings are like firmly embedded nails; they have been given from one shepherd.  As for anything besides these, my son, be warned: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.
The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man.  For the true God will judge every deed, including every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad."

-Ecclesiastes 12:8-14.
edit on 3-3-2020 by SimpleIdea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: schuyler

Because a few people have contracted a cold-like virus that has a low fatality rate.

You listen to too much Rush.

Coronavirus currently has around a 3.5% mortality rate (of cases known), which is higher than the typical yearly influenza death rates worldwide.

Those numbers just aren't real right now. It's now known it's been in the US for weeks. The only people we know about are the ones who were seriously ill really. Maybe it will turn out the 2-3% is accurate, or maybe it's far lower. We know of some people that tested positive for Corona and had such a light illness it wasn't worth staying home from work for. So how many people are simply not diagnosed because their illness is so minor it's not worth a trip to the Dr.?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don’t think the mortality rate is right. We cannot gauge it from how many have died in a country as polluted as China.
That alone has to be really hard on the lungs, even without the flu

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
My grandmother was 100% Scottish. You should have hearty genes. I had pneumonia at 32. It was horrible I stayed at home Instead of going to hospital, I had two little kids. I was put on Cipro. I stayed in my pajamas for two weeks. I would take 1000 mg of vitamin C daily. Take Zinc too. Eat garlic, honey, oregano, apple cider vinegar in shot glass with 1/2 water. The first two are low grade antibiotics, the second two are anti viral. Ginger is also anti viral and strengthens immunity. If sick stay at home and rest, sit out in the sunlight for vitamin D. Don’t drink alcohol. Eat vegetables and fruits. Pray and meditate. Wash hands hourly, bathe before bed, change your sheets often. Try to be calm not stressed. Otherwise go to Africa and sit in the hot sun. They say virus dies in 86 temps.....Prayers to you and yours!
edit on 3-3-2020 by frugal because: So

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I wouldn’t stress to hard on it being the end of the world for you. For what it’s worth I just did 8 days in the hospital with Flu-B, Strep and Pneumonia, I also have a heart that’s only at 20%. Running a 104 temp I had moments when I just wanted to crawl under a rock and die but I persevered and made it out alive. Haven’t been that ill in decades.

Do what you can to help you and your family but stressing out is wasted energy that’s better saved and used for healing. Grab some Ibuprofen, water, a bowl of soup and a good movie and chill because there’s not much more you can do. Best of luck to you and keep us updated.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Look at the bright side people. The Spanish flu that killed so many people in the early 1900s didnt really kill that many the first time is came through. It was when it came back the second year that it killed so many.
Who knows, maybe it's better to come into contact with this one in its first year, maybe it will build up a bit of immunity to protect us if it comes through stronger next year?

Not saying you should go and seek it out and deliberately expose yourself to it, just looking for a silver lining is all.

(post by LuxFer1917 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

(post by LuxFer1917 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

First, antibiotics don’t do anything for a virus, they’re for bacterial infections.
Second, I just went through a month long flu with the same symptoms as the Covina-19 flu. It’s not it, because where I’m located has zero cases. Zero. What I just went through was a weird completely different flu than anything I’ve ever had.

I had the same thing. Really bad, and lasted a month. It went into my lungs

(post by LuxFer1917 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Mine was also in the lungs, upper area. Could hear it gurgling as I breathed. Twas quite awful. I tried to drown in out with lots of tea....

I still have a cough, but I don’t want to cough in public now, with everyone so paranoid, lol

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Fear of coronavirus:
1) Illness (death by asphyxiation)
2) Supply chain disruption / starvation, no wi-fi
3) Marauding mobs seeking out food and free wi-fi.
4) People calling the authorities on suspicion their neighbor is infected.
5) Post virus hardship, due to economic recession.
edit on 0000003094639America/Chicago03 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I just got back from my local Kroger's.

There was some Asian woman shopping and she was coughing and hacking all over the place....made no attempt whatsoever to cover her mouth....people were trying to avoid getting near her, but it is pointless...she coughed on half the crap in the store.

Maybe I'm paying more attention, but I swear I'm seeing it more. Grown a__ adults coughing up into the air like they're doing it on purpose. Or people dabbing instead of coughing into their elbow - they actually think a karate rising block will somehow magically block their cough!

I think an executive order legalizing full-force throat punches to anyone coughing out into the air is in order. It could be considered self defense. If they can no longer breathe in, they can't cough out.

At least 3 times lately I've given someone the obvious look of disgust and said, "what's wrong with you? Cover your mouth!"

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Man. I am already tired of answering some questions...

@OP, you probably only have the flu. If you are 25 or younger, flu B should make you concerned as it hit younger people rather hard.

If you are old, the type A may scare you but if you are old, you probably already got a flu shot.

So, if it (coVid19) is insidiously spreading, guess what? If you are young then you’ll get over it. If you are old, then, and only then, be concerned.

People repeatedly exposed (doctors, health care workers, previously existing medical conditions), are the ones who should be a bit concerned.

Let the rest of us CTs worry about the fate of humanity!

Have some good stew and some brown bread!!

edit on 3-3-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Clarity

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join