It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am scared ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
And get well soon!!

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: On the level

1 deep fried mars bar and a bottle of buckie - and man the **** up

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

1 deep fried mars bar and a bottle of buckie - and man the **** up

And some chicken soup! You big Chicken!

All kidding aside,,, I hope you feel better soon. My bad flu lasted 4 weeks. It was in my lungs. I took 24 hours of sickleave, but ended up working in a cold steel manufacture, with a fever, with cold fans blowing on me, for 12 hour shifts. I did concern myself about the possibility of pneumonia and death just last month

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I suppose anyone getting sick with a flu, upper respiratory, strep throat etc right now will freak out and think it's coronavirus.

I know if I did I'd be paranoid about it. I was coughing a little bit the past few days and spitting up a little bad tasting flem but I'm 99% sure it was from smoking a different brand of cigarettes lately.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

This article from Gizmodo, of all places, makes some salient points about COVID-19.

How Deadly Is COVID-19?

I'd encourage the OP, and others to read it slowly as it lends some perspective to the numbers that are causing a rather irrational amount of fear.

Some of the takeaways:

A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) on February 28, 2020 presented an overall fatality rate of 1.4

In a related article published in the New England Journal of Medicine, Anthony Fauci, director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, along with his co-authors, wrote that the COVID-19 outbreak poses “critical challenges for the public health, research, and medical communities,” but that the actual death rate from the disease is likely lower than the rate reported by the Chinese researchers. The reason, they say, is that many cases are mild and thus are not being reported.

“If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%,” wrote Fauci and his colleagues in the letter.

There were no reports of children under the age of 15 with the disease... If this is indeed the case, that means scientists don’t possess a full picture of the current outbreak, at least according to this limited sample.

The main takeaway is that we don't know what we don't know. Those being tested and positively identified are the worst cases, so the numbers are skewed, mortality rates appear to be higher, and people are panicking unnecessarily.

If you get a stuffy nose and a cough, then it resolves in two or three days, do you run to the doctor and get tested for the flu, or COVID-19, or lung cancer, or...? The answer is no. If I had to guess, the number of people who have gotten this is probably 10-15X more than is being, or ever will be, reported.

If you are out there, seriously worried about catching a literal death from this, let me ask; would you feel the same way if I told you that you have a disease, but there is a 99.2% chance that you would survive? What if you only had a 98% chance of surviving? What about 95% chance of surviving?

Lets Play with numbers. Take a look at this paragraph from the story above:

That said, the most significant risk factor for dying from COVID-19 is age. According to China CDC, people above the age of 80 have a 14.8 percent chance of dying from the disease; people in their 70s, 8 percent; people in their 60s, 3.6 percent; and people in their 50s, 1.3 percent. Once below this age range, the risk of dying drops to between 0.2 and 0.4 percent.

Invert those numbers to reflect rate of survival.

Age 80+ = 85.2% survival rate
Age 70-80 = 92% survival rate
Age 60-70 = 96.4% survival rate
Age 50-60 = 98.7% survival rate
Age 15-40 = 99.6% survival rate
Age 0-15 = Better than 99.6% survival rate

It's all about perspective. The news business isn't in the business of presenting the news, they are in the business of making money, beholden to stockholders, rather than stakeholders. It's all about the clicks and ad revenue. They aren't presenting news, they are propagating news. Get it.

Note that those survival rates are for the worst case we are seeing now, that is, testing of the worst cases to walk through the doors of hospitals and clinics. Those survival rates will go up with more testing, more positive outcomes, and when, yes when, the virus becomes more prevalent in 1st world countries like Europe, AU, and the US.

Worry not, people. This will be an after thought in a month or two, once the media dollars start to dry up.
edit on 3-3-2020 by CoramDeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Maybe you better take account of how professionals often look at these things.
For one thing we're going all get it anyway , it's a pandemic in a connected world .
If you've got it already , so much the better.

And for another thing , you went to Tenerife for a stag do , the moment they hear that , they think , oh this is big strong man with plenty of money asking me to pander to his man flu.
And they think, this isn't poor Mrs Drayton the elderly widow who I'm seeing next.

Best thing you can do is get some natural antivirals online. Just search those key words you'll be spoilt for choice . A full range will cost you less than a night out on the beer never mind the tickets.

It is difficult when you're seen this way , you re never invincible despite being a certain prejudicially excludable demographic

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: snowspirit

First, antibiotics don’t do anything for a virus, they’re for bacterial infections.
Second, I just went through a month long flu with the same symptoms as the Covina-19 flu. It’s not it, because where I’m located has zero cases. Zero. What I just went through was a weird completely different flu than anything I’ve ever had.

I had the same thing. Really bad, and lasted a month. It went into my lungs

A mate who's never ill has had the same (UK), seems to be doing the rounds. Sounds like whooping cough, but chest sounded clear to the GP. Chest x rays were ordered due to how bad/long it lasted but came up clear. Is currently into the third round of anti-biotics and nearing third month of the illness. The more potent anti-biotics seem to help it but a single course doesn't clear it.

There's an odd flu that has also been sweeping the UK gradually heading north since early late Nov/early December - I had it for a few days, feelings of fever, complete and utter lack of energy and inability to do much other than sleep but quickly gets out the system within 7 - 10 days. Not as bad as full on flu but still makes you feel like death (only had it once 20 years ago but was bed-bound for a month, couldn't stand any noise or lights).

OP, I doubt you have Corona or full blown flu if you don't have a temperature and are able to stand looking a a computer screen but it still sucks to be ill and was/is worth keeping an eye on with recent travel. Have you tried eating raw garlic on buttered toast, a hot curry or chilli? They certainly help clear both viruses and bacterial infections out your system.

If you have any Eastern European or Russian mates it's worth asking them for remedies (fermented raw onion in honey tastes a bit grim but works wonders) or going to a Polskisklep for some herbal remedies/spiritus as their folk cures genuinely work and have scientific basis.
edit on 4-3-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Get well soon, David. I hope you're feeling better shortly.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Literally only 8 confirmed cases so far in these islands (7 at the hotel, 1 at La Gomera, not to mention the previous case in La Gomera who was fully cured and recovered), I am going to doubt you actually have COVID-19.

I am from Gran Canaria, the island next to Tenerife, trust me, if it was truly an outbreak here I'd know about it. Literally all of the cases so far have either been from the H10 hotel or people that had traveled to Italy recently.

I don't want to say you're being hypochondriac but I am saying people sure tend to assume a whole place is infected even through it has less than 10 cases across 2 islands.
edit on 4-3-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: On the level
It’s as if they want it to spread. Been telling my wife about the rise in sulphur above China and the fact they have never quarantined one never mind two cities. No one is taking this seriously as they are listening to the propaganda of the news. My American friends if you feel fine and you can please bug out.

Exactly.

They are relying on peoples ignorance to get it spread for depopulation to take the heat/reliance of government reliability when the poleshift hits early next year.

They are pigs pure animals and we the people should stop going to work and paying bills full stop and hit them where it hurts- in the tax collection departments.

Peoples greed would never allow them to fight back like that. It really is true - greed is and will be proven to be a legitimate deadly sin.

Anyway, if you want to fight it quicker, take up smoking till youve been over it for a couple months.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Actually, having been to China recently, I COULD believe a death rate of a million. We Americans have a HARD time conceptualizing a city of the magnitude of Shanghai or even the Wuhan area, (which I last read had roughly 11 million people). I would even speculate that the loss of a million people in a country with SEVRAL large cities with over 5 million people in them, could go completely unnoticed. Same with 150K in Europe.....
One of the ways that my daughter got away with "borrowing" some of the finer items in my closet was because of the mass quantity of items in my closet...if she borrowed a nice, but not often worn pair of shoes, then she knew I wouldn't notice......I had so many other shoes to distract me, so to speak.....I believe this is what is happening through out the infected parts of the world....and you could only IMAGINE if these countries DID tell the truth about this virus we humans know so little about....PANDEMONIUM with the PANDEMIC.....

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That's what I say. My dad is in a nursing home with a lot of health issues. It's a balancing act with the care he gets there and the medicines he needs. I worry about bringing it to him, or someone else bringing it to the nursing home and it traveling throughout.

One day I came and the whole second floor was closed to visitors because of 2 cases of the flu. So hopefully they are on top of it.

I asked the nurse on my dad's floor if they are being talked to about this new virus and if there are any special instructions and she said no. That was a couple weeks ago I asked though.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I was in Tenerife 8 days ago, came home felt #, had a course of antibiotics and still feel like death.

Taking antibiotica as you think you have a virus is like putting up a smokealarm to prevent burglary.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Are you dead yet?

Keep us updated.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CoramDeo

The way China reacted to this hasn't put my mind at ease. Your statistics of death by age is based off 90% of the cases in China. Do you really believe China is telling the truth?

Have you seen anybody speak about getting this illness first hand? I have and from what I understand most people that get it experience pneumonia like symptoms.

Have you had pneumonia? I have and it was one of the worst experiences in my life. I had a cat scan done and it left scars on my lungs.

I could barely breath for 2 weeks and my lungs hurt like hell.

I am absolutely terrified of this illness and for good reason.

If anything the media and government are downplaying this. Right now cases are at 130 in the USA. They're popping up randomly.

The CDC said they're expecting 40%-60% of the country to catch this.
edit on 4-3-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I think they want it to spread also. I think it's here (U.S.) all over the place and they aren't letting us know.
Personally, I'm more cautious in public places and I've minimized going out in crowds. Honestly, it's a good excuse for my hermit tendencies that I must always stifle because people just don't understand.

My husband thinks I overreact, but I disagree. It's not overreacting to look for cars crossing a street, It's simply being smart and being safe. I see protecting from illness and preparing for the worst case scenario the same.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
How, David, do you know it’s from a lab in wuhan. Like people know it was Jesus on their toast? Or know they were abducted by aliens? I know those are beliefs.

You don’t know that this is a virus from a lab. You might believe a lot of things but you don’t know it. You know you are scared, you know? People do dumb things, make irrational decisions when they are scared.

I know there is a lot of obsession and fear with this illness.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

It’s as if they want it to spread. Been telling my wife about the rise in sulphur above China and the fact they have never quarantined one never mind two cities. No one is taking this seriously as they are listening to the propaganda of the news. My American friends if you feel fine and you can please bug out.

Yes brother, I bugged out.
Just said a prayer for you.
Even though I'm way North, some of the locals just don't get it.
One just left for a cruise to the Caribbean.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Why does everyone keep.insisting there is a lack of transparency?

We know as much as they do and so far every day there is news so if they are trying to hide this, they are doing a very poor job of it.

It certain!y seems to me that they are eager to get out as much information as possible to help everyone.

Now if we can stop the spread of fear mongering and lies that would be great.

To bad you can't stop the spread of lies with a face mask.

CX

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Really annoys me that people are panic buying and buying in bulk the hand sanitizer...probably to resell ATA higher price.

I'm going to make my own.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join