It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unusual Earth Orbit Circling Above Our Ancient Past

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
That's quite a title for a recent TEDx talk presented by Roger G. Gilbertson, I know, but it immediately caught my attention. And believe me when I say: Gilbertson's presentation fits the A&LC forum like no other talk I previously came across at TEDx and you'll find lots of topics discussed on this board coming together in quite a surprising way. But have a look and listen for yourself:

I know that fellow ATS'ers usually appreciate a summary of what's being discussed in a YouTube video, and I normally present such a write up in my threads. However, I wouldn't want to spoil anything by revealing the details that Gilbertson presents in such a compelling way. Suffice to say: these 20 minutes will be worth your while if you're interested in the kinds of topics discussed on this board.

One may of course find some of his ideas to be quite a stretch, but overall I think he consistently points out that only science and scientific methods can provide answers to some of the mysteries of our ancient past. Some of what he addresses in his talk ties in quite neatly with one of my previous threads, but that's about all I'd want to give away for now, in order to not spoil the fun while watching.

By the way, this talk has been flagged by TEDx, since it doesn't necessarily represent mainstream views that are prevalent throughout the scientific community at this point in time.

NOTE FROM TED: We've flagged this talk, which was filmed at a TEDx event, because it appears to fall outside the TEDx content guidelines. Claims made in this talk only represent the speaker’s personal views which are not corroborated by scientific evidence. TEDx events are independently organized by volunteers.

But this flagging IMO just makes it even more interesting to watch. Hope you'll enjoy the ride and I look forward to your thoughts and comments further below!

Sources & Links:
---------------------------
1. TEDx Talk by Roger G. Gilbertson | TEDxColoradoSprings | YouTube
2. Previous thread on one of the topics discussed by Gilbertson
edit on 26-2-2020 by jeep3r because: formatting

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Very interesting, there was a theory that EVERYTHING we have made will be erased by time, the longest lasting object's are those made of solid stone, large solid stone.

So what would we find if we had the technology and the ability to search HUGE the area of that orbital region in space, factor in the potential for orbital decay over time?.

We are also a race that reuse what can be reused, ancient sites robbed out of stone and metal and only the largest stone that it is not in our interests to hack apart and quarry for some reason remains untouched, even then over time it can be eroded to the degree that we may no longer recognize that it may have once been artificially shaped - at least on the exposed surfaces that are eroding away and hiding any such object's true age.

There are theory's also that the great pyramid's were actually once much older step pyramid's and the later Egyptians rebuilt them with fine smaller stone's on the outside but that is grasping at straws because we do not know.

My belief is that our race - or our forebears since we may be significantly different to them due to inbreeding of survivor's - did have civilization.

I also believe that OUR world may have played host to many previous world's, perhaps not all of them human and just perhaps other races have existed and vanished in the billions of years of it's existence, most of the earth's previous continent's are now deep in the mantle and our geological record becomes ever more precarious and interpretive the further back we go.

As far as Egypt is concerned the Giza pyramid's are not the only ones devoid of inscriptions (Except the potentially fraudulent one), the Osireion is one such site and it is actually very deep, there are other sites including temples that have been shown on this very site were the pillars seem to be placed on top of earlier pillars as if temples were built on top of the roof's of previous older temples perhaps many time's over, the one I am thinking of has the apparent top of a temple pillar below the floor and the lower level (temple) is apparently completely filled with sand with the floor of the later temple actually being the older temples roof.

So could there have been previous ages of man, could a handful of primitive survivors have stumbled into the ruin's of an ancient civilization and reused them - we do reuse sites.

IF there is more to it then I also believe that someone already knows and has evidence BUT they keep it a secret for perhaps a whole raft of reason's.

edit on 26-2-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is a nice variation on the Graham Hancock theories. The male DNA issue is relatively new and I had never heard of this orbit theory. Maybe we ought to look and see if anything is still in that orbit. One thing I have thought is very sad is what someone like Paul Allen COULD have done with his interests. He had this marvelous yacht with a built in submarine that he used all over the world to find stuff like sunken aircraft carriers that we KNOW are already down in the ocean depths because of the historical record because, well, we put them there.

What if he had used his resources to do a survey of the continental shelf in places where we already know there are buried cities, off the coast of India and Japan, for example. That stuff is still there just waiting to be found and not all that deep, either. Would that someone with the resources would also have the interest to see exactly what is there.
edit on 2/26/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The Dogger Banks would also be a good area, it's shallow and fisherman frequently pull things up in their nets.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
That was good!
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
"Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan

"Extraordinary evidence deserves extraordinary investigation" - Roger Gilbertson

That second quote by the presenter really resonated with me and stood out. I couldn't agree more, there is so much evidence that warrants investigation because it cannot be explained by our current understanding or theories.

S&F OP.

~Namaste

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Too recent and too Ice Age, anything older would have likely been erased by the glacial period's, as it was above water ten to twelve thousand years ago and most of Europe at that time was under glaciers it is likely the Dogger Bank in the North sea was also.

But for more recent archaeology it is definitely a treasure trove, it is also just possible that even at the height of the ice age some areas low enough were warm enough NOT to be under a layer of permanent glaciation and it is potential that this was one such site.

I agree it does deserve more research but it would likely not turn up anything truly earth shattering as the majority of the find's there have simply been Neolithic era hunters tool's and animal bones as well as some peat, there is peat on the dogger bank UNDER the north sea proving beyond any shadow of a doubt it was above water and ice free for thousands of years - peat even when submerged is also likely a very good preserver so who knows what may be preserved in that peat which is mildly acidic but even then it would be likely nothing earth shattering.

The vein of this thread is perhaps looking much further back in time, an alternative to the Dogger bank would be to do a full deep survey of the region of Hi Brasil off the west coast of Ireland, famously linked to legend's of time travel and of course the Rendlesham forest incident (According to some claim's but the more I have looked into that the more I believe that bit may have been added on by someone), but going back to the Irish legend's Hi Brasil is a mystical island a bit like the lost island of Avalon (that may - or may not - have been Glastonbury Tor), it also appears on several old maritime portolon's, a type of map with a name that mean's port to port and which were often made as copy's of earlier map's that themselves were probably copy's of still earlier map's.

At about the location were Hi Brasil is shown off the west (atlantic) coast of Ireland there is indeed a sea mount that is now beneath the waves - but possibly may once also have been an island if not as large an area as Doggerland.

edit on 26-2-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The event that Gilbertson calls the northern hemisphere getting hit by a shotgun is very well covered in the book, "The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes." The title is alliterative and the cover is lurid, but it's all hard science on the inside. I have a copy and it was a fascinating read.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

S & F

I enjoyed his enthusiasm. The two day orbit is interesting. However, it would have been nice if he gave some type of reasoning, behind the correlation of the two day orbit and ancient sites. Does he believe there was an ancient satellite system?

Maybe he needed a 30 minute slot, instead of a 20 minute one.
edit on 26-2-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

A well made youtube presentaton. Almost all was correct information with a few over simplifications or mistakes

Any line draw around the world will hit ancient sites, one that are nearer the equator and pass over the most land will have a better chance to pass nearby a site. There are well over 100,000 such sites so plenty to pass over.

We can move any rock the ancients did and while we don't precisely know how they did it we can certainly do it plus the precision. Now can we do it using ancient techniques? No we lack the expertise and skills.

people seem to obsess over the rocks - but the really big ones - very few were actually ever moved, probably because it very difficult to do so.

If we took a football back to ancient Egypt could those folks find a quarterback to throw a ball as well as a modern QB? No not even close because the guy wouldn't have been practicing much of his life and the techniques were unknown to his culture. Same problem with us doing x type of rock modification, no expertise and not having the skill sets.

Thanks for posting that.

Underwater archaeology is hideous expensive which is why not a lot is done. The new underwater drones however offer an opportunity for better observation and survey. Excavation however remains very difficult and expensive.

I've always recommended to search along the banks of existing river that once extended into those areas, people tended to settle around rivers.

Ancient Rhine and Thames rivers

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File
oggerland.svg

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

What if he had used his resources to do a survey of the continental shelf in places where we already know there are buried cities, off the coast of India and Japan, for example. That stuff is still there just waiting to be found and not all that deep, either. Would that someone with the resources would also have the interest to see exactly what is there.

Maybe he did. Then laughed about it with all his billionaire buddies. Let’s be honest, history has proven, that people with that kind of money and power aren’t in to sharing.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I love this stuff.

For me the biggest mystery of humanity is how all those megaliths were built.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I wonder if this one is on that orbital path?

edit on 26-2-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I keep telling yall Battlestar galactica(reboot) was spot on.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well, there already was an unknown satellite observed well before any of our current ones were up there. .. that "Black Knight", and not the one that was allegedly photographed and is likely a lost dust cover off the old shuttle, but the one the French National Observatory saw via radar in the 1950's as reported by Vallee (and others but memory is poor). I wonder what orbit that was on... though I vaguely remember it was a polar orbit.

But that likely city glimpsed in the deep off Cuba in the naughts, the interest in Antarctica, that odd maybe worked stone structure in the Baltic Sea, the newer info about the genetic choke points and impact evidence all pointing to the Younger- Dryas event, with the officially confirmed existence of strange technology in our skies, some out of place artifacts and persistent, seemingly credible rumors of ancient technology recovered from archeological digs , like Lazar's latest quote about the ancient origin of the craft he allegedly worked on, and it's looking like there may be a surprise or three in our collective past.

Catastrophism and ancient man rising and falling always made a little more sense than uniformitariansim and aliens when trying to explain anomalies, imo, and we all knew the original Planet of the Apes was a documentary, right? (kidding, though perhaps predictive programming?)

I dunno, but there are more breadcrumbs to follow than forest, lately, and my speculation hat's propeller is whirling ...along with the hackneyed metaphor.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
There is No Thing New....Under the Sun. The tiny arc of most people's experience compared to the totality of events within the vast cycles of time, limits the understanding of those who can only see the tip of their nose...
At the time of Socrates [470 – 399 BC], the Atlan-tean events were over 9000 years old. This same myopic thinking breeds the hubristic attitude, which dreams up "Novel" ideas like Global Warming, now Climate Change. There are larger seasons than the year, and about the time we rise to the level of understanding it fully, Nature resets things. "LEARN TO SWIM" ~ Tool 🔱⏰🌬☄🌊👣

Ahem, from Plato's Timaeus;
Timaeus 22

And on one occasion, when he wished to draw them on to discourse on ancient history, he attempted to tell them the most ancient of our traditions, concerning Phoroneus, who was said to be the first man, and Niobe; and he went on to tell the legend about Deucalion and Pyrrha after the Flood, and how they survived it, and to give the geneology of their descendants; [22b] and by recounting the number of years occupied by the events mentioned he tried to calculate the periods of time. Whereupon one of the priests, a prodigiously old man, said, “O Solon, Solon, you Greeks are always children: there is not such a thing as an old Greek.” And on hearing this he asked, “What mean you by this saying?” And the priest replied, “You are young in soul, every one of you. For therein you possess not a single belief that is ancient and derived from old tradition, nor yet one science that is hoary with age. [22c] And this is the cause thereof: There have been and there will be many and divers destructions of mankind, of which the greatest are by fire and water, and lesser ones by countless other means.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Interesting video.

His orbital patterns fit the Cyclical Global Continental Displacement Wave Model perfectly.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
I keep telling yall Battlestar galactica(reboot) was spot on.

It was like Star Trek...it was Educational....it was not a product of someones imagination....it was the correct history of Humans mass migrating away from Earth heading into unknown territory ...WWG1WGA......multiple Cycles of Humanity have mass migrated away from Earth in our past...Earth is home to a Cyclical Global Continental Displacement Wave Event....every 3657 years.....of differing impact patterns....we have been lied to and most of us will soon drown....other Populations have been told truths and have simply built fleets of Craft and Migrated safely away from the scene of the incoming destruction...these different cycles all go on individually defined evolutionary paths....and it is these People returning many years later that we call "Aliens"....they are from our past not our Future.....we are their future.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Thanks for your reply and it's true that it may seem like cherry-picking some ancient sites that lie along that particular orbit while exlcuding many others.

On the other hand, some of the sites on that line do have certain things in common. For example, the impressive size of the megaliths, the way they are worked, the features they display, the precision and so on.

Of course, there are other sites that are similar (and I think Baalbek is a bit off that line) but it still raises an eyebrow that some of the sites in question have so much in common.

One cannot refute mainstream theories just yet, since it's the best we have right now, but maybe there's still something there to discover. Perhaps with new technologies and methods as proposed by Gilbertson. Time will tell...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

There was nothing new to me here until the last 2 minutes. I think the idea of a fleet of underwater drones exploring the ocean bottom is great.

This guy needs to remember that our ancestors the world over said the smart ones came from the stars and that they were not human.

www.youtube.com...

Go to the 1 hour 16 minute point of the video above to see a list of sites that line up as an equator for our current magnetic north.

Wait a minute - why am I telling you what you already know?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join