It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unusual Earth Orbit Circling Above Our Ancient Past

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

Why do we not find them? They don’t want us to find them.

How did they manage to eliminate the fossil record of their ancestors? Our fossil records goes back tens of millions of years for the creatures that became us and for when we separated into the branch that became mammals about 260 MYA so that's a lot of fossils to find and eradicate.

Well, if they’re living under our oceans and we’ve only explored/mapped/documented in detail a small percentage of those oceans then it’s conceivable we simply haven’t found it.

That said, I kind of do but kind of don’t follow the logic you presented. On the one hand, we should have found some record of them. On the other hand, we could be looking in the wrong place. Then we can consider other ancient civilizations where we have found lots of ruins but not lots of remains - and there’s multiple instances of this - hence the question that gets posed frequently of “where did they all go?” Which we can’t truly answer beyond speculation.

Also, if this civilization or civilizations ended 500 million years ago perhaps the organic matter just can’t last that long - or becomes unrecognizable. I’m not an Archeologist so I can’t speak to that but most things have a shelf life - 500 million years seems like enough time to break down most things and turn it to dust.

These are thoughts that don’t really have right answers though - and least not with what we know or are told today.

Its always possible just not currently plausible or probable. Yes by 500 million years you'd have only fossils but also many thing would still show; in this case modifications of the soil, and of course anything like glass, stone, etc, etc. We just haven't found any such thing. I've been looking for a flowering of culture in the Eemian - but after 50+ years - nada & zilch.

Eemian: en.wikipedia.org...

I do agree it’s a low probability - far far far from a certainty. But, I suspect that more lies beneath the surface of both ocean and the continents than we’re fully aware of.

One of the things that fascinated me about the topic of ancient civilizations or subterranean civilizations - and makes me say it’s not entirely nuts to even contemplate this topic - is just how long the Earth has been around. How do you comprehend 500mm years? A billion? You can scale it but it really doesn’t fully go the enormity of that amount of time.

Given sufficient time, probabilities for all kinds of wonky stuff increase. Is ET going to land on The White House lawn this year? I doubt it. Could that happen over the next billion years? Sure - I’d take that wager. To me that says we could have had subterranean civilizations, ocean dwelling civilizations, who knows. Where’d they go? Who knows. Someplace better perhaps? I mean if I went out and found Earth 2.0 that was double the size, better overall climate and clean - and had the means transport the masses there - a lot of people would buy the ticket. Particularly if this occurred during a time when our climate was much less hospitable than it is today.

I’m just musing at this point but the upshot is 500mm or 1bn years is enough time to have lots of things play out. Heck - look at all we accomplished since year zero - and where we’ll be in the year 4K - if we don’t end ourselves first!

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

I stumbled onto this video a few days ago, realized Mr Gilbertson was talking about my favorite topic, the ancient past (not the hoary antediluvian ancient past, stretching on for eons), a time when events recorded in the franca lingua, the Bible, myths, legends and stories passed from generation to generation, indicating something very wrong was happening. For almost 800 years. Some of our biggest "hits" occurred during that time, Exodus, Joshua "commanding" the Sun to stand still, Ezekiel's fantastic ride, Gotterdammerung, a "dragon" "eating" the Sun, among the more exciting moments, the Flood, Sodom and Gomorrah,.

It's comforting to think of things, as geologists do, where everything violent happened "millions of years ago". I think you'd strike the entire field dumb, if those words were outlawed. It is hard to date rock and dirt, but we can assert some order, if we start by insisting that "myths" are not "amusing stories of heroes and fantastic achievements, but stories told without embellishment, or personal bias, to pass on to future generations events, actions and characters that would otherwise be lost to time. The scale of my investigations is almost entirely within the last 45 millennia, with most of it occurring in the period from Exodus to Ezekiel.

Religion, the worship of one God, as we know it now, grew out of this period, partly due to the manifestations they saw, or thought they did (more about that later), and the fantastic nature of their accounts. The world turning over, waters rising into the skies (according to Norse myths, it happened there, too), "wandering" in the "wilderness" for FORTY YEARS???? What's up with that? Joshua stopping the Sun in its course, the slaughter of 185,000 men outside the gates of Jerusalem, Daniel "walking in the fire" (not the furnace, a mistranslation?), Ezekiel's fiery ride, the OT is filled with exhibitions of "God's power", something sorely lacking in all other Biblical accounts after.

I would love to talk to Mr Gilbertson about it, because I feel he's on the right track, but the wrong siding, so to speak. If anyone knows his address, please forward it to me. His theory is workable, if just a bit shy of the real story. The Grand Canyon was not eroded into its present appearance "millions of years ago", but in historical times, over more than a thousand years, slightly more than the length of time I speak of, because water sat in it for long periods, creating all the "signs" of erosion we see, confusing future researchers into thinking it was the action of the Colorado River. Had the river dug the entire course, it would look, today, much like the upstream area, now under the waters of Lake Powell, where the Colorado River crosses the ancient seabed and compressed zone around the Four Corners area, probably a polar location, before.

The Canyon was blocked, until the water eroded a passage in the lava rock at the western end to begin flowing into the lower end of the Canyon, the Grand Parashant and current Lake Mead locale. Water flooded down from the sweep across the Snake River Plain, down across western Utah, all of Nevada and the eastern flanks of the (likely) newly risen Sierras, stoppered at Black Canyon (south of Hoover Dam), across to the Transverse Mountains of California, allowing some of that water to spill into the Big Valley, probably flooding it to a shallow depth, a few hundred feet at most, until the silting plugged all but trickles. The same reason water couldn't get through the Black Canyon of the Colorado, for close to a millennium, applied at Black the canyon. The "canyon" was filled with hard black lava rock, only allowing a little water to move through circuitous routes, until enough water could pass, to start the process of "erosion". By that time, hundreds of acre-feet per hour were flowing. Over the centuries, that increased to a heavy flow, draining off water that had been stranded between the Rockies, and an outlet. This affected local peoples in ways we still talk about today. I address this idea in detail, in my work in chief, The Arrival of God.

I suspect the Colorado Plateau began its uplift, then, not ""millions of years" ago, but concurrent with the early evets of the Exodus "cycle", the events in the Bible ending with the escape of the Jews. I have a simple reason for this: If these events actually took place, there should be some evidence remaining, they were so dramatic and life-altering for the survivors. In fact, there is evidence of every-but the "steady-state" world geologists, historians, paleobotanists, archaeologists, and others INSIST is the case, for "millions of years". It's as if, to these worthies, Earth and its peoples (and animals et al) went into stasis, since 1,000,000 BC.

Apologies to Raquel Welch, but I call that kind of thinking "Six Blind Indian Fakirs Describing an Elephant". You know, one said it was a hose, another said a fan, a third said a wall, and another a tree trunk, and the last said a rope. Geologists do a lot of that, conflating evidence of one event with another. To be fair, their subject matter are rocks and dirt. Archaeologists have less of a defense, other than all the myriad ways humans can figure out how to be evil, or cruel, and historians usually stick to the accepted narrative, eschewing anything that sounds "fantastic", which much of this story does. That's what happens, when you play marbles with God's agates, one might say.

If you are interested in the tidbits I've dropped here (there are many, many more), please drop me a line. I've been researching this topic for most of the last 50 years, since Fall 1976. I've ridden, driven, walked, rafted, floated, and flown over the western US since 1953, long before Interstates, most fences, or very many people, in many areas, and have traveled to Europe, Africa, and Asia, all but six states, Canada and Mexico, extensively, so I feel comfortable in my views and assumptions. The Earth was terrorized for 780 years, between circa 1500BC and 720BC, resulting in EVERY SURFACE having been overwashed by "tsunamis" repeatedly. The only "old" terrain is ancient sea beds: The southwestern US desert, the area north of the Himalayas, bounded by the Taklamakan Desert, and the northeastern region of Canada, mostly known as Nunavet, around Hudson's Bay. on a line starting at 69N 108W, south-southeasterly to around 57N 102W, then easterly to 53N87W, then south around a curve, to line up to the Saint Lawrence Seaway. All that area was seabed, until Joshua's time, raised out of the "depths" (the oceans were likely much shallower, then, maybe as much as 25% (more about that in TAoG), but I estimate about 500 trillion acre-feet of water was displaced, by the uplift of the Cordillera, spilling over into the western US, then down, eventually, centuries later, into the Gulf of Baja (take a look at the end of that body, on Google Maps. It's a wonder.

Enough for now. We live in "exciting times", as the old Irish curse goes, but nothing at all like the times of Exodus, Joshua, Isaiah, Daniel and Ezekiel. Those guys got the E-ticket ride of all E-ticket rides. It's sad their story was larded over with "God is good, God is great" religious drivel by people plainly scared out of their freaking minds. And, deservedly so.

Again, I ask, If anyone has an address where I can write to Mr Gilbertson, I would appreciate it.

<< 1  2   >>

join