It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Come on, folks...
Regardless of what you think about this Virus, a little civility goes a long way....

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Terms And Conditions Of Use
You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot
a reply to: Agit8dChop

That's great but why was that never an idea as a potential treatment for SARS, Ebola, HIV?

HIV and Ebola are blood borne pathogens. Coronavirus isn’t a blood born pathogen.
The recovery rate of Ebola is so low that it wouldn’t be feasible to acquire plasma for mass immunity
Peoples bodies aren’t able to develop sufficient antibodies to defeat HIV as it affect CD4 and T cell lymphocytes
Typically we transfuse patients as a last resort. It’s not a process taken lightly as one error can kill people. One mis label, or mid type of the donor can cause severe affects for the recipient
Further, the donor then needs to be tested for numerous other infectious diseases that could cause a reaction to the recipient

When I was stationed in California we would be given smallpox vaccines before deployments and California private laboratories would pay good money for plasma donations for people with smallpox immunity as they could further develop smallpox vaccines from them.

Here’s a CDC example of how they create anti viral antibiotics for smallpox

www.idph.state.il.us...

Lastly, viruses all mutate at different rates. Depending on intermediate hosts can also change their molecular design. I imagine these are all factors on effectiveness of an immunization.
Take influenza for example. The vaccine in a given year was designed for a previous mutation and is not broadly effective for the masses
To expand on other comments on this page. It does not seem that by not using plasma donations is an effort to thwart big pharma. Just that it’s not feasible nor sustainable on a wide scale

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Cracking
The passenger on the plane at Heathrow said”

He said they did not receive any advice about what to do and that he was not planning to self-isolate but would take every precaution if he suspected he had any symptoms.”

Because asymptomatic and infectious mean nothing now apparently!
🤦🏽‍♂️

news.sky.com...

edit on 14-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trillium
Can any body back this up

BREAKING 1,000 people in LOS ANGELES in quarantine!! CORONAVIRUS 2-13-20

gab.com...

youtu.be...

youtube link with timestamp

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MaverickLRD

Fatality rate for Ebola 66%! 😬

link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
He's right, no you don't soak your kit in that stuff, period, especially nothing rubber in any kind of oil

Period, end of

I'm not talking about 'the kit' - I'm talking about the FILTER. And of course you let it dry.

link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD

originally posted by: Village Idiot
a reply to: Agit8dChop

That's great but why was that never an idea as a potential treatment for SARS, Ebola, HIV?

HIV and Ebola are blood borne pathogens. Coronavirus isn’t a blood born pathogen.
The recovery rate of Ebola is so low that it wouldn’t be feasible to acquire plasma for mass immunity
Peoples bodies aren’t able to develop sufficient antibodies to defeat HIV as it affect CD4 and T cell lymphocytes
Typically we transfuse patients as a last resort. It’s not a process taken lightly as one error can kill people. One mis label, or mid type of the donor can cause severe affects for the recipient
Further, the donor then needs to be tested for numerous other infectious diseases that could cause a reaction to the recipient

When I was stationed in California we would be given smallpox vaccines before deployments and California private laboratories would pay good money for plasma donations for people with smallpox immunity as they could further develop smallpox vaccines from them.

Here’s a CDC example of how they create anti viral antibiotics for smallpox

www.idph.state.il.us...

Lastly, viruses all mutate at different rates. Depending on intermediate hosts can also change their molecular design. I imagine these are all factors on effectiveness of an immunization.
Take influenza for example. The vaccine in a given year was designed for a previous mutation and is not broadly effective for the masses
To expand on other comments on this page. It does not seem that by not using plasma donations is an effort to thwart big pharma. Just that it’s not feasible nor sustainable on a wide scale

Some interesting bits of info. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
In the end we decided complications for the baby if my wife got sick was a worse prospect than the new vaccine. I didn't get the vaccine and wound up getting the swine flu; worst sickness I've had, even worse than the walking pneumonia I got once. My wife and week old baby didn't get it.

Nice anecdotal story, but alas doesn't prove anything.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Quick question. Does the virus survive on the face mask, if so is there a Possibility that it can multiply on the nose/mouth side of the mask, compounding the issue by breathing it in and recirculating the virus in and out of the lungs?

CDC guidelines for n95 masks are 8 hours of use then dispose of
In crisis or shortage use can be extended to 40 hours providing there is no visual contamination, proper care is used to don and remove the mask. Everytime you take a mask off and set it down the inside of the mask is exposed
In a perfect situation locked down at home a 10 pack could last over a month. In a hospital setting far less

P95 masks are n95 with added ability of being oil proof. These are rated for 40 hour of use

There’s reusable n95/n99 masks out there that the filters can be changed which could extend the useful life of your mask

edit on 14-2-2020 by MaverickLRD because: Typo

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
Cracking
The passenger on the plane at Heathrow said”

He said they did not receive any advice about what to do and that he was not planning to self-isolate but would take every precaution if he suspected he had any symptoms.”

Because asymptomatic and infectious mean nothing now apparently!
🤦🏽‍♂️

news.sky.com...

Well, they displayed the sad fact that the concept of "Quarantine" meant nothing when the imbeciles around the world started flying their citizens out of a valid quarantine zone in Hubei and back into their countries of origin to bring the care package of this virus to their home soil with them... so why would any of the rest of the concepts that justify why a quarantine was set up in the first place matter?

link   
a reply to: Adphil28

It depends on what strain of Ebola. Some strains are worse than 66%.

link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

He's right, no you don't soak your kit in that stuff, period, especially nothing rubber in any kind of oil

Period, end of

I'm not talking about 'the kit' - I'm talking about the FILTER. And of course you let it dry.

Again that would destroy the filter

I don't know how many more people need to tell you this that have experience w these pieces of equipment

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
One of my dearest old job fellows was a totally fanatic guy regarding disinfections and the danger of getting diseases... That guy was all the time carrying in his small personal hand case some gloves, kind of disinfectant spray/gel, even some small hydrated tissues, etc... Almost paranóic with quite some weird and bizarre actions and attitudes...
Three months ago it was his funeral... He got hit by a school Bus.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It's quoted in his response to you, pretty clear what you said, it's only a few sentences there champ

Yes, champ, it was.

Now, do you understand the definition of 'diluted'? My prior post explained that it is extremely diluted - a drop or two in a large amount of CS.

To equate that to 'oil' is just plain silly.

I could have also mentioned letting it dry, and specified that I was just talking about the FILTER (what I was replying to), but that is just common sense stuff, and thought most here had some of that - beginning to wonder...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OutsideContextProblem
I was wondering if anyone would know when was the last time US forces were ordered to prepare or implement plans for a potential pandemic, per the Military Times:

The Navy and Marine Corps messages, issued Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively, reference an executive order directing U.S. Northern Command to implement the Department of Defense Global Campaign plan for Pandemic Influenza and Infectious Diseases 3551-13.

This was brought up in the previous thread, but I’m not sure if it’s significant or if this has happened quite a few times, just in case. Does anyone have any knowledge?

I brought this up in the last thread. I did 8 years and was on the BAT team (biological augmentation team) and we never had this directive come down, nor was I even aware of it before the article I posted
That’s only a small sample size of time but it doesn’t seem all that common

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Don’t know how many strains there are, just know from hospital here that 66% is the average fatality rate for what they’ve dealt with
Better chance of surviving a fall from a 6th floor window tbh

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Man if this gets loose in Los Angeles,san Fran, or San Diego it's gonna rip through there like a tornado in a trailer park.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
In the end we decided complications for the baby if my wife got sick was a worse prospect than the new vaccine. I didn't get the vaccine and wound up getting the swine flu; worst sickness I've had, even worse than the walking pneumonia I got once. My wife and week old baby didn't get it.

Nice anecdotal story, but alas doesn't prove anything.

It wasn't meant to prove anything.

Why so defensive?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

It's quoted in his response to you, pretty clear what you said, it's only a few sentences there champ

Yes, champ, it was.

Now, do you understand the definition of 'diluted'? My prior post explained that it is extremely diluted - a drop or two in a large amount of CS.

To equate that to 'oil' is just plain silly.

I could have also mentioned letting it dry, and specified that I was just talking about the FILTER (what I was replying to), but that is just common sense stuff, and thought most here had some of that - beginning to wonder...

Yes I know you said for him to use a mixture of diluted oil and coliidal silver soak his filters and let dry

Yes that could destroy his filters.

Instead spray with lysol and set aside, that won't destroy his filters and he can spray the whole mask w itx w out worry of degrading the materials or filter failure

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

"originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: SailorJerry

These are same people who believe the numbers from CCP.

Who would that be? Or are you back on the train of falsely accusing people who simply point out that the numbers for infections and happenings outside China are simply not following the same path as those inside China (as reported by the CCP)?

Note: in case you missed it, champ, if the numbers inside China are much worse than reported by the CCP, which I and everyone else I've seen in this thread have readily admitted many times (in spite of the repeated nonsensical claims to the contrary) is almost certain, that makes the numbers outside China even less concerning than if their numbers were reasonably accurate.

Got it, champ?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join