It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

The explosion is on WeChat but unable to verify if that is even WuHan which supposedly has no internet ATM.

A few videos have turned out to be false or misrepresented before. I didn’t post the explosion or a few other videos because I couldn’t verify enough to feel good about posting.

I can add that Some more cities around Wuhan have been placed on wartime lockdown and it’s starting to hit Twitter. Also Shenzhen is moving from lockdown to a quarantine stance across the city. There are over 200 cases in Shekou district which has many foreign expats living in it.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Would you just stay in your apartment when explosions are going off despite a quarantine?

Given the current situation in Wuhan, absolutely.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: logicsoda

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Adphil28
Cracking
The passenger on the plane at Heathrow said”

He said they did not receive any advice about what to do and that he was not planning to self-isolate but would take every precaution if he suspected he had any symptoms.”

Because asymptomatic and infectious mean nothing now apparently!
🤦🏽‍♂️

news.sky.com...

Well, they displayed the sad fact that the concept of "Quarantine" meant nothing when the imbeciles around the world started flying their citizens out of a valid quarantine zone in Hubei and back into their countries of origin to bring the care package of this virus to their home soil with them... so why would any of the rest of the concepts that justify why a quarantine was set up in the first place matter?

Yeah, my country's gov't is f*cking retarded (I'm from Canada). "Let's bring all of these people back home so they can be with their families!"

If I was infected with this #, I would impose self-quarantine. I would fight to avoid being taken back to my family until I was clear because not only would my family be at risk, but I would be risking perhaps thousands of lives. If it was my family members who this happened to, I would not want them returning home, either.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

It’s almost as if they want this to spread worldwide. Either that or ALL our politicians are just idiots, plain and simple.

I don’t think they really DO want a pandemic, the cost to the world economy and to each country drastically hit could be utterly enormous. It’s an odd situation though and I’m not entirely sure many people know what they are doing or really what they are dealing with here.

The US yesterday stated that they didn’t believe China’s numbers. That was quite interesting as they are likely to know far more than we do. I have felt from the start that China’s numbers are utter fiction, as have most on here, but for a US official to more or less corroborate that, well, interesting but unsurprising.

If it breaks out big time in any country the medical systems will collapse within weeks. As I said in thread 1, we are on the cusp of something horrendous, and yet we are still only on the cusp, oddly enough. Let’s hope we remain on it and don’t tip over.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I asked this in the other thread with no responses So I will ask again.

About China not sharing data with the US. What could they be hiding other than the actual death and infected rates there?

Since the states has had confirmed cases and samples of the virus for a while now wouldn't the CDC know as much about the virus as China at this point?

What could they be hiding that our experts would not see with their samples?

I am about as uneducated in that field as anybody so Im probably missing something .

What am I missing?
edit on 14-2-2020 by papajj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

It’s an odd situation though and I’m not entirely sure many people know what they are doing or really what they are dealing with here.

Bingo. No one, in power, alive anymore who experienced the Spanish Flu going worldwide a century ago. Couple that lack of practical experience with unrealistic political impulses given the situation ... not good, not wise, and certainly not effective.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: papajj

China has a different culture. Study the concept of face. They said they had it under control. To admit now that they do not is a massive loss of face and brings enormous shame to the entire country at this point.

Now imagine you want them to admit that to a top adversary/rival. They might prefer to fall on their sword.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Maybe the Chinese samples show something in addition to a Coronavirus infection. Playing Devil's advocate, but maybe the concerns that China used the Coronavirus to cover up something else are on to something? Impossible to say without someone other than the CCP accessing the real data and information on the ground.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

What actual evidence was brought forth, then? Instead of alluding to it, provide it.

as a fellow programmer, i'm sure you know the old saying: RTFM. to be precise, hundreds of pages of part 1 and part 2 of this thread.

as for the virus being engineered, i'll post this once again:

and before screaming "not peer-reviewed", think twice. he has credentials, his logic is sound, and he's not the only one saying that while everything that had to happen for this virus to show up could happen naturally, it's extremely unlikely as far as probability goes. if his claims mean, as you say, f.ck all, then that certainly applies to everything you're saying as well.

When I first saw that video in the previous threads, my mind went to one thing before continuing with the video: credentials, so I decided to take it upon myself to look him up. He has an MBA and a PhD in Management. He is pre-med.

Peer-review refers to articles/studies being subjected to review by experts in the related field. Pre-med is not an expert, by any means... he is not even a medical student. I will give the video another view when I have time later today so I can make a careful point-by-point analysis of his claims and see what actual experts in the field have to say about his claims (pretty sure the nonsense related to his BLAST re the bat SARS was already debunked by somebody who was actually an expert in the field; i.e. virology, or in a related field such as immunology).

when you're taking a quick look at his about page on youtube, at least read it all (emphasis mine).

Paul Cottrell received his BS and MBA from Wayne State University, Ph.D. from Walden University and pre-medicial curriculum from Fordham University. He is currently at Harvard University for an ALM in Biology.

His research includes using chaos theory to model financial markets and economic emergence. His work on economic emergence contains new theoretical concepts of economic evolution and the creation of self organizational structures.

In addition, Dr. Paul Cottrell has published works from his Harvard University studies in genomics, neurobiology, neurosurgery, endocrinology and microbiota.

"not even a medical student" just isn't a fair description. he's not a medic, he's a scientist. there are certainly more knowledgeable people than him working on this virus, but that doesn't make him an idiot.

Didn't look at his "About" on YouTube... I searched him on Google and went to his LinkedIn.

I saw references to those papers. I also don't think he's an idiot... but it's not a valid peer-review. It's a review by an "expert" in Management, who so happens to have papers published in a number of other fields.

That doesn't make his peer-review valid. It just is not. If a physicist (scientist) was taking courses in psychology and wrote a clinical psychology paper, does that mean that he's qualified as a peer-reviewer for clinical psychology papers? No, because he's not an expert in the field.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I think the control of the authorities in stricken zones in China may be being challenged, at least at times. For that to be seen by outside powers would be a huge loss of face for the CCP. I think their behavior is more about political optics than it is actual data concerning the epidemic in China.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

“ Viro exterminatay!” Good luck FA. Enjoy your time. Wash your hands and make sure he does too

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
BNO reporting 1st case in Egypt. No other info available that I can see. Anyone else?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
LIVE: WHO updates media on coronavirus outbreak

This is an one hour question and answer discussion about the virus with members from the World Health Organization.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: tanstaafl

Perhaps you would be better off spending some time away from the internet ?, just a thought, you know might help you get some perspective on things

Rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, always enjoy a little levity, no matter who it comes from...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

We went to China. Nothing to see there ...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

and what makes you think that the numbers outside China are accurate? because CNN said so?

What are you smoking???

I have never, ever, ever said that I think the numbers are accurate. EVER

so you don't think numbers in China are accurate, you don't think numbers outside China are accurate, and you're making assumptions by comparing one BS to another?

where's the logic in that?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Reality check.

We've been saying that for a few weeks now, "But we're a few weeks behind China..." How many times do we say that before we realize that "a few weeks ago", China had already locked down major cities, travel restrictions had been imposed imposed, etc, and everyone knew they were lying, and saying "where will we be in a few weeks if it's already this bad in China".

my mistake.

more accurate description would be "few months behind".

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

All good,
, life is hard enough without all the stress

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Any number of things;

- US being able to prove it's man made or was stolen from Canada or US (theory at this point)
- That the flu is cover for a more dangerous bio something that was released, red herring (theory)
- This didn't come from the wet market, they won't share those samples with anyone (former theory and latter fact)

And Ketusko rightly points out the face is a very big thing with the CCP and more traditional Chinese people. They'd rather fall on sword than admit they were wrong and were lying. They still can't fully admit to themselves the horrors of the Chinese Civil War, Cultural Revolution or Tiananmen Square.

They also can't admit many other things which have a lot of evidence like;

- Falun Gong abuse and torture (I am NOT a follower)
- Organ harvesting
- Black market for organs from prisoners
- Black market for children
- Attempted assassination and coup of Xi Jinping in 2008 and 2009
- Massive CCP corruption
- Disappearing enemies of state
- Disappearing people who have sensitive info about leaders (HK 7 who were going to out Xi Jinping's dirty laundry)

This all goes towards what we are seeing from the CCP regarding this situation.

We have a saying in China "Thick Face, Black Heart".

Li Zongwu zh:李宗吾 (1879–1943)

"When you conceal your will from others, that is Thick. When you impose your will on others, that is Black (Dark)."

Chin-Ning Chu (Chinese: 朱津寧, pinyin: Zhū Jīnníng; 1947 – December 10, 2009)

'Thick Black Theory' describes the ruthless and hypocritical means men use to obtain and hold power: "thick faces" (shamelessness), "black heart" (ruthlessness)

If you really want to understand their thinking I recommend reading Chin-Ning Chu's "Thick Face, Black Heart" He was a leader in the field of business relations between China and the west.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Reporting on it seems to have died down a lot, people are sick of the story, not an epidemic here so it's just "China's problem."

Couple coworkers were mentioning that it's been cured and is all over.

America in a nutshell.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

So we're moving goalposts now?

This thing is at least as contagious as the flu and possibly just a bit less contagious than polio. Additionally, it's novel meaning no immunity or even partial immunity to it which is what confines seasonal flu to a trickle. Add in modern air travel and all those Chinese students heading back to uni pre-lockdown. Add in all cases beyond China's borders, and *weeks* is a more accurate assessment than months.

Spanish Flu took only a year to engulf the world without air travel, but it was aided by the rapid troop movements of WWI.

So weeks would be better given what we do know.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join