It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for clarifying. Got a little chill when reading that article the first time.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So I’m finishing up my BFA in graphic design and am printing my portfolio this quarter. Over a month ago I ordered custom designed playing cards from a company that I didn’t realize is in Hong Kong. I just got an alert my package is being delivered Tuesday. I’m pretty content to not open it and set it on fire. But I thought I’d check in here and ask.

Does anyone know if the virus can live on surfaces? Should I spray it with Lysol? Or just stick with plan A and set it on fire? Thanks!

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IWant2Believe323

It has been shown to live on surfaces, but just throw it in the garage for a couple weeks if you are concerned. No reason to burn it.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

The easiest way to deal with surfaces is to simply wear gloves and not touch your face. Then it doesn't matter what you're talking about. If you take change or other things like it, put it in a baggie and dump it in bleach solution when you get home. Remove the gloves by turning them inside out, and wash your hands.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Just the thing to start Valentines Day morning in USA

'It's Coming': CDC Director Warns Coronavirus To Become Widespread Throughout United States, 'Probably Beyond 2020'

CNN Interview via Zerohedge

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
First thing to remember about our CBRN kit, is that it is meant to deal with various agents which have been delivered as an attack. Also, our suits, over boots and gloves can only been worn for a certain amount of time depending on, agent attack used, delivery and environment. Respirator is fine but again canisters can only be used for a certain amount of time also depending on agent used, delivery and environment. The U.K. Military has the best CBRN kit in the world, much better than the US IPE.

I have proffered some kit from work in the way of prepping. But I've also of the mind that if this all kicks of, I'll. Be on duty away from hone doing whatever it is I'm doing. So if it gets to the point I'm sent home and not needed or even worse, just Jack it in and go home. Then the situation is bollocks anyway and we are all fooked.

But anyway. If I'm at home this is how I would go about it. Now these procedures are my own using my CBRN kit.

I would be the only one going out. Going out is no problem. I'd be in dress state R4 (all kit fully worn, over its, gloves, suit and respirator worn), so out I go. Only two hazard, respiratory and contact.

I do my business. I return.

On returning I would decon outside in an area in my garden. I would wash my gloves, still wearing them. Then wipe my respirator down, still wearing it. Then wash down my over boots still wearing them. Then remove my CBRN jackets, when wash my gloved hands. Then remove my CBRN over boots. Then wash my gloved hands. Then remove my CBRN trousers, then wash my gloved hands. Then wipe down my respirator one last time, wash my gloved hands. Remove my respirator, remove canisters and immerse my respirators in soapy water. Wipe down cainsters. Then wash gloved hands. Then remove gloves. I'd ideally bin everything other than respirator & cannisters but this would not be logistically viable at home, so I'd have to reuse. Secure my CBRN kit in the garage. Go inside. Place clothes and footwear into washing machine then go have a shower and swill out mouth with something. Might sound OTT but that's it.

Not in the military it's nothing like that. It its just an airborne threat, with contact also. It would be a case of taking your kit off in the correct order, method and disposing of it.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IWant2Believe323

I mean no disrespect to you, but your post got a good laugh from me!

I had this sudden mental image of entire cities ablaze with people trying to incinerate everything which has recently shown up from China. People burning their brand new houses down, burning all their clothes, burning all the computer peripherals, their cell phones (GASP!), their cars, their power tools, their appliances, their stereos, DVD's and video games, their...well, everything!

Walmarts and Home Depot's would be blazing inferno's everywhere! Chinese restaurants...smoldering wreckage! Dry cleaners...POOF!

The horror!! LOL!
edit on 2/14/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1questioner
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

I recall some seemingly authoritative source saying that masks as a protection against the virus are woefully useless, they are more to keep those who are infected from spreading it around?

If you really want to prep for this, get some high quality pure oregano oil, and start taking it orally. Also get some nebulizers and start breathing it (dilute!! with colloidal silver) at the first sign of symptoms, or even before/after going out. Also, get some manual spray misters, so if you lose power and run out of batteries for your nebulizers, you can spray/breathe in the mist.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
It had been posted previously that holding at a temperature of 132 degrees F for 15 minutes will kill the virus. That means that a clothes dryer should do the trick for fabrics. Masks and such could be placed in an oven set at 150-200 degrees for 15 minutes.
For masks, I plan to use Lysol spray.

Are you saying Lysol spray all masks and then place in oven? Or could placing in 150-200 oven for 15 minutes destroy all virus without Lysol?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I have been following David abel on youtube...he and his wife are on board the diamond princess ship. He gives updates every few hours on what they are going through...they have not been tested yet but he speaks of another passenger `honeymoon Alan` who has been taken of the ship some days ago and has been having positive then negative then positive results for the virus, he goes on to say the doctors are baffled by the virus.
David able has now made a request to Richard Branson to fly the uk passengers home. Watching his videos you can see as the days have gone by he has been quite positive but i think it has really got to him today.

First post this fast moving thread alright.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-2-2020 by Greensman because: spelling

edit on 14-2-2020 by Greensman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I recall some seemingly authoritative source saying that masks as a protection against the virus are woefully useless, they are more to keep those who are infected from spreading it around?

If you really want to prep for this, get some high quality pure oregano oil, and start taking it orally. Also get some nebulizers and start breathing it (dilute!! with colloidal silver) at the first sign of symptoms, or even before/after going out. Also, get some manual spray misters, so if you lose power and run out of batteries for your nebulizers, you can spray/breathe in the mist.

No offense, but im not sure essential oils are going to defeat a lab made virus

But who knows

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It had been posted previously that holding at a temperature of 132 degrees F for 15 minutes will kill the virus. That means that a clothes dryer should do the trick for fabrics. Masks and such could be placed in an oven set at 150-200 degrees for 15 minutes.

Are you saying Lysol spray all masks and then place in oven? Or could placing in 150-200 oven for 15 minutes destroy all virus without Lysol?

Dude...... Just spray w lysol lol.... Forget the oven and micro lol

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hahaha perhaps it was a slight overreaction?!

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hey folks, see ya all in the morning. Enjoy reading all your post today and like wow, the world is changing too fast.
I'm sorry but I was not able to get the number of infected on the Diamond Princess today and if any were allowed off. Maybe tomorrow morning after 9 am I'll have some news.
Also, many thanks to the moderators and the members for your kind messages, much appreciated by us here looking at the stars tonight just thinking dang, we are actually going to have to face what is really coming our way. In this country, on the outskirts of a city, the neighborhoods are pretty close nit so we are all are really together on the front-line of this virus. Stay cool everyone and yes, maybe time to open up the wallet and spend a little of that cash:

enjoy the threads, またあした  see ya tomorrow

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 0200000042512020-02-14T08:51:42-06:00514202am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The unfortunate result from the virus

www.rte.ie...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I would use Lysol alone.

If you didn't have Lysol.... Heat destroys the virus.

I did an edit on my other post, to clear that up.
edit on b000000292020-02-14T08:52:57-06:0008America/ChicagoFri, 14 Feb 2020 08:52:57 -0600800000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

No offense, but im not sure essential oils are going to defeat a lab made virus

But who knows

Assuming it is a lab-made virus, which we have no conclusive evidence of.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: logicsoda
I really wish I didn't watch that clip of the kids being loaded into a body bag. My heart aches. So innocent and young and their lives were taken. # whatever killed them. Ugh, it pains to think about how they must've felt before they passed.

It was from CO, right? If they were asleep, then they likely felt nothing. CO is like that, you'll just die in your sleep. If they were awake, they'd just fall asleep, then die.

Heartbreaking, yes (I have 3 little ones myself), but please don't conflate their deaths with the topic of this thread.

I said "# whatever killed them". Check again.

edit on 14-2-2020 by logicsoda because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
"Chinese doctors say Wuhan coronavirus reinfection even deadlier Instead of creating immunity the virus can reportedly reinfect an individual and hasten fatal heart attack"

Makes sense, considering the extremely poor environmental conditions we've already discussed, and the likelihood that their lungs/immune system are already majorly compromised (getting this must be extremely stressful on the heart and everything else).

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Here is a site I like for that sort of information :

survivalblog.com...

The site is searchable too, and they offer a thumb drive backup with all the info from this site for the last number of years for sale

survivalblog.com...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join