It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Claims His iPhone 6 App Shows Proof That He Was Abducted By A UFO Last Year

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I used to do that before my airpods. So, you sir are wrong with your sweeping generalization.

Well I stand corrected, it seems a much more popular practice than I expected.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

You would like this interview here with Lovelace on Astonishing Legends: www.astonishinglegends.com...

I've read Lovelace's story. Interesting. The interview above is revealing and I like to listen to a person's recount of a story. To me it seems there is something else he is not saying about the event. Impossible to know what but the general feeling I get is he is omitting something additional.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

He was an AG for some Island territory. It's like comparing the President of Harvard to the President of the University of Phoenix. Not the same thing other than the AG title.

All I know is if I want to be believed I'm not submitting a picture of a green kitchen towel over my balls. I'm just not doing that ok.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

More like his phone was abducted by his drone.

Really good explanation for a hoax

Anybody on here have a drone and iPhone fancy recreating the data ?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Im listening to the podcast now and the one thing so far that I thought was really interesting was the deer in the headlights hypnotic effect when they first encounter the craft. That is fascinating
edit on 12-2-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Haha , don’t do it , don’t watch it lol. Save us the suspense lol

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

I got you kid, I will save you the hassle.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Easy +/- 500-1000' margin of error on cell altimeters at times.
You would crash and burn trying to fly with one.
I live in the mountains and mess with mine all the time.
Tested at sea level as well.
They are not reliable or stable.
54 feet-ish is waaaaaaaay outside the error range of cell altimeters.
Smells like a psyop.
Cool thread though

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: Corr

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Im listening to the podcast now and the one thing so far that I thought was really interesting was the deer in the headlights hypnotic effect when they first encounter the craft. That is fascinating

Overall it's a good interview and the guys at Astonishing Legends to an excellent job at their research. I also like the fact they attempt to debunk many of the mysteries they cover. Their 6 part series on The Patterson Gimlin Film is undeniably the single greatest breakdown in history of that film.

One of the pod casters was never a believer in the Sasquatch phenomena until he did this series on the Patty film. Listen to it over a few days. 6 in total.

Their break down is next level.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I really enjoyed that. Maybe Im the biggest sucker in the world but I believe him. That was not a short podcast but Im going to recommend it to anyone interested in this subject to give it a listen. Have you read communion? There are some real similarities between the two.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
GPS systems glitch out constantly.

edit on 13-2-2020 by FlyingFox because: Free

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I am curious on the barometer aspect. Barometers measure the air pressure, so is it not possible that he did not actually get risen up, just that somehow the air pressure in his room increased/decreased and registered on his phone?

No levitating needed. My weather barometer is fixed and does not move, yet the pressure regulator goes up and down with the changes in its set environment.

Edit add: can anyone tell me what could cause air pressure to increase/decrease in the space of one minute? Is there any known scientific observance of this occurring? Especially in an indoor setting? Don't tornadoes/ cyclones create such a situation in the barometric air pressure outdoors? Though, that usually involves quite a disturbance to the environment.
edit on 2 13 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Barometric pressure my ass. I just did a quick search and found it ties into the compass. If its miscalibrated it can register wildly inaccurate climbing results.

Not to be a jerk, but I don't think you searched well enough.
From a Google search, "how does iphone 6 track stairs climbed"

The iPhone 6 barometer's sensor is the new BMP 280 made by Bosch according to Apple. So the difference when you account for altitude - in this case 173 feet - is 0.3 milli bar. Not bad at all. The Kestrel is calibrated at the factory to a known standard and in the field you would input the altitude offset.

In short, it is the barometer, for the health app.
There is a compass app that tracks altitude as well, but the info and pictures are from the health app.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Soo.. where are the 6 flights putting him back? Did it just hover 40 feet above his home the entire time?

Considering my devices will often grant me tons of steps just driving my car, or varied and wrong altitude changes while hiking, can't really use his phone theory as a solid proof of anything.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Just put the phone in a sealed container and bump the pressure in the container. Heating up the phone in a waterproof phone case might do it too.
edit on 13-2-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Just put the phone in a sealed container and bump the pressure in the container. Heating up the phone in a waterproof phone case might do it too.

In reading up on the electronic barometers I don't think the temp aspect is considered. It is the air pressure. Though, this can be adjusted perhaps via adjusting the sensor calibrations regarding your location and current altitude manually perhaps.

All we have is a screenshot. One minute may be all it takes to recalibrate a record of increase and decrease of flights taken.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
iPhone 6 has adequate speakers, you wouldn’t need it in your shirt pocket to listen to music, especially at night.

And you would naturally roll over and onto it muffling the sound, unless you sleep like a corpse. Any logical person would place the phone on their nightstand, headboard, or even on the floor next to the bed.

As usual, this proof is so far from proof it’s laughable.

I could get the same results strapping my phone to a drone.

Too much assuming. My wife listens to music from her phone while it's on her chest when she's falling asleep all the time. I imagine that's maybe a commonality among people that enjoy such things....but now I'm just assuming.

Assumptions are worth one sh!t log, sir.
edit on fThursdayAmerica/Chicago0010699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

edit on fThursdayAmerica/Chicago2110699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

For the heat part. I assume most water tight phone cases are air tight. As the phone heats up with use. So would the air inside the case, making air pressure increase in the case. Making barometric readings useless.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The decrease in air pressure with a rise of 60 feet is about 0.07 inches of mercury in a barometer. Normal atmospheric pressure varies fro 29 to 31 inches of mercury. It doesn't seem so extraordinary that air pressure could vary by this small amount (~3.5 percent of the normal range) in a short period of time.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
When I was in high school I used to say, "I want to be abducted so bad so I can finally know for sure." It was all fun and cool until somebody said, "you just want to be anal probed" everyone around me laughed which embarrassed me so I stopped saying it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join