It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Claims His iPhone 6 App Shows Proof That He Was Abducted By A UFO Last Year

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

The OP absolutely described the situation of why he had his phone on his person. He had it in his front pocket to listen to music while he was going to sleep.

Several posters even commented on this. It's odd but it was addressed.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
iPhone 6 has adequate speakers, you wouldn’t need it in your shirt pocket to listen to music, especially at night.

And you would naturally roll over and onto it muffling the sound, unless you sleep like a corpse. Any logical person would place the phone on their nightstand, headboard, or even on the floor next to the bed.

As usual, this proof is so far from proof it’s laughable.

I could get the same results strapping my phone to a drone.

Do it then. And post your results here.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Another meaty thread! It is posters like you that keep the site engaging. Thanks for keeping the spirit of ATS alive. You are far and few between!

edit on 14-2-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

This is why I first came to ATS

Me too.
F/S

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
If the iPhone uses relative air pressure for measure height then rather than an alien explanation perhaps there is a more logical one.

Sudden change in air pressure in a local area perhaps by a door being opened suddenly or some extreme local weather event with pressure changes.

Just an idea.

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: drewlander

Barometric pressure my ass. I just did a quick search and found it ties into the compass. If its miscalibrated it can register wildly inaccurate climbing results.

If it's relative ai

If you disagree with the barometric pressure explanation, you should take that up with Apple since they have stated this for measuring flights since 2014.

The new device can measure elevation, such as tracking flights of stairs, using an inbuilt barometer. It works by analyzing relative air pressure. All of this information will appear in the iPhone's Health app, tracking how often you climb stairs and other related metrics.

Barometer in IPhone 6

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Diamondgeezur

Or the phone was in a water proof / air tight case, and the case heated up. Or something heavy rolled over onto the case and squished it.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

That would increase the pressure, comparable to a decrease in altitude, the opposite of what (apparently) happened.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Unbelievable. Not his story but how many people in this thread choose to believe him. It's sad really.

Hmmmmm he writes a book in 2018 about being abducted and now a year later has "empirical" evidence through iPhone data. Does self promotion occur to any one of you? Also, cell phone data is not empirical evidence. You know what is? Having his "implant" removed and tested.

He wants you to believe what his phone says, but let's all just forget this possible absolute evidence and proof he has in his leg. Sounds logical, right? [/sarcasm]

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

My fitness tracker sometimes comes out with dumb readings. Like saying that I've climbed 50 sets of stairs while cycling on a flat stretch of road.

It's usually due to changes in barometric pressure. If I cycle into the wind it sometimes goes completely nuts.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Ok. He cleans the phone and case in a warm house. Placed the phone back in the case. Then went for a walk outside where it was cold. Or stayed in the room. And turned the heat down for the night.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8
Unbelievable. Not his story but how many people in this thread choose to believe him. It's sad really.

Hmmmmm he writes a book in 2018 about being abducted and now a year later has "empirical" evidence through iPhone data. Does self promotion occur to any one of you? Also, cell phone data is not empirical evidence. You know what is? Having his "implant" removed and tested.

He wants you to believe what his phone says, but let's all just forget this possible absolute evidence and proof he has in his leg. Sounds logical, right? [/sarcasm]

Exactly 👍

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I am curious... is there an app similar to that iphone app for an android? Just curious on trying out an experiment. Perhaps we should all try it as well.

Interesting story OP, it makes me wonder...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i messaged the gentle man that this happened to and this is what he said about the whole thing.

ME-"I am not trying to argue im just curious about the phone thing the one skeptical thing i read witch i couldnt argue is if you use your phone to listen to music while your sleeping why would you keep it in your pocket and not on your night stand?"

Him-"Mostly habit. My bedside table is usually stacked with books and I end up pulling the phone off the table if I roll over too often. I could solve the problem with earbuds with a longer cord. I was also told it's a bad idea to have a cell phone over your chest. I don't know if that's true, but either way, those are two solutions. However, if the phenomena ever happens again I'd like to be able to record it.

It is GOOD to be speculative. Best, terry"

Still not sure what to make of it. For sure strange if he Isn't lying.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Yep, aliens that could be billions of years more advanced than us use RFID chips and electrical wires just like we do.
FFS, if your gonna make # up at least get some damn perspective

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ziplock9000
Yep, aliens that could be billions of years more advanced than us use RFID chips and electrical wires just like we do.
FFS, if your gonna make # up at least get some damn perspective

Why do they have to be Billions of years more advanced then us?

This sort of speculation is incredibly naive as to the understandings of Physics, FTL or Hyperdive or some other form of Interstellar or Inter-dimensional as it could be just like the radio discovered tomorrow.

I find it just as likely Extraterrestrials could even be less advanced than us, but stumbled upon that technology. Further if they had little bureaucracy, greed or other societal constraints to stand in the way of progressing theoretical into physical. Then add more scientific or exploration (even colonization) goals why would they need to be more than a decade or so advanced at least in interstellar/Multidimensional travel?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
There was a case of a guy who was abducted while fishing and his GPS showed distance traveled and he was able to reconstruct probable abduction scenario from this data.

If his account is true, I find it hard to beleive the aliens or whoever that was did not notice both the device or the signal.

It's hard to believe that these beings are not extremely aware of technological capabilities of audio-video-communication equipment we have. Many cases involve electronic equipment malfunctioning and/or shutting down.

This "secret" was about he and his friend, Toby, seeing a triangular UFO during that camping trip back in 1977. Also, back in 1966, Lovelace had seen a UFO "directly overhead, near his house." Before that, in 1963, he claimed to have seen "masked-faced monkeymen,” who appeared one night in his bedroom and wanted to play with him.

It starts like a standard abduction case. Abductees are usually taken many times during their lifetime. Also, the aliens often implant screen memories in them, hence these people usually remember wide-eyed animals like deer, owl, monkeys, even cats. This actually looks in line with research we have.

He believes that he was abducted by aliens and was tracked by them since childhood. Apparently, he believes that he's still being tracked and now claims that he has proof that he was abducted by aliens back in April 2019.

Again, all par for the course.

Health app in Terry's Phone Recording Elevation (Flights of Stairs) It showed one line. It showed a horizontal line going straight up between 5.23 and 5.24 am. According to the phone, I climbed six flights of stairs in less than one minute. I took it to the T-Mobile phone store. I asked the guy ‘What does this mean?" He was told: "The mobile says you were 60 feet above the house at 5.24am"

Curious why it ended at 60 feet. Was the signal dropped, device jammed, or did the craft stop there? UFOs can hide themselves from sight. Many abductions involve faraway travels at high speed. We don't see it here. This actually proves...nothing. The beings could've stopped above the house to finish the activity and wrap up. No point in flying all over the world if you can service the abductee nearby. Makes sense.
What it *might* show is that in some abductions, the craft might actually never leave the vicinity of abduction site, and all the deep space travels etc are just implanted VR scenarios. Or it might mean that there are both types of situations (craft parked nearby to service the abductee and craft undertaking longer flights with the abductee).

What I truly don't get is why all the secrecy if you allow the man's phone to record evidence which could substantiate his claims. Either that's a mistake on part of aliens, or they do not execute full SIGNIT during abduction (extremely hard to believe) or it's deliberate to reinforce his notions.

I don't own a drone and have never operated one. I have no proof other than my word.

Here's the rub. Unless there's supporting evidence for me this remains a curious, but inconclusive case.
edit on 24-2-2020 by Jelonek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I love the people who come into a thread like this and straight away, make jokes, laugh and poo poo the story. Then walking away from the site thinking they're cool. No wonder people keep things secret if this is how others are going to react.

This is an interesting story. I can't imagine he's doing it for money, and he mentioned he has kept this secret due to it probably stopping his career before it started.

The pieces of metal could have been put there when he was very very young and the scares healed over the last 40 odd years.
I'm at a loss how to explain the Iphone data though. Interesting. Hopefully more data gets released.

Fascinating.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

I love people that ignore the most obvious explanations based in reality which are probably mostly likely the truth. Vs favoring a fanciful story totally lacking evidence to empower charlatans that killed ufology.

I would love to see ufology taken seriously. But that will not happen until it can police itself of charlatans and cons.
edit on 24-2-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 24-2-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixec

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Apologies if this has been mentioned already (I looked through and couldn’t see it) but if he did strap his phone to a drone, ballon or was actually abducted wouldn’t the phone fail to count that as having climbed flights of stairs because there wouldn’t be any stepping movements taking place for it to register or does it not take into account the movement itself?

I’m also sure there must be someone out there who has likewise noticed a malfunction with stairs climbed? Then again I guess it’s one of those mundane things you wouldn’t even think of and it’s difficult to know for sure how many flights of stairs you’ve climbed on a given day (save for if it’s a ridiculous number where you’d expect exhaustion to make you remember!)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join