It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Matt Gaetz Filing Charges Against Pelosi For Ripping Up SOTU Address

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That she offered her hand to shake and was turned away from likewise is another

that she broke with decades of tradition and introduced him as POTUS instead of "my distinct honor...etc etc." why would he shake her hand after that

I am right and you are wrong

that's some solid projection right there. the reason we are here in the first place: your side thinks it has the moral high ground and is objectively correct no matter what.

if you thought the SOTU was full of lies, ADDRESS THE LIES don't throw a tantrum, now we only talk about the tantrum and not any of the supposed lies. this is what children do

which can you identify one lie from the SOTU? just one.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The House ethics committee will not look into the complaint against Schiff because said committee is run by a Democrat.

If you say so.

As for Pelosi, she is on video destroying an official Federal record.

So? So was Schiff, and so was Trump, promoting his sharpie altered National Weather Service Map. Which is a felony!

Also, the altered video of Jim Acosta was distributed on TV and played in federal court.

So to you, are Democrats held to a different standard then Republican lawmakers are?

LOL...So, when is Matt Gaetz filing that complaint against Trump and Wilbur Ross?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Klassified

Who would want to live in a country where ripping up a printed piece of paper, surely there's orher copies, in an act of civil disobedience, classy or not, gets you charged, and the public crying for you to be tarred and feathered?

Wtf is going on with you guys? Are you okay?

I agree. But If a Republican tore up the speech of a Democrat, then it would be a hate crime.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It's her own property. She can tear it up all she wants.

Oh, I forgot, Gaetz and a bunch here want to install a dictatorship.

link   
She can just plead insanity and the Democrats will understand that it is a good excuse. TDS is a legal disease I guess.

link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

what happened to "nobody is about the law"... yes she broke the law. the copy handed to her was the official transcripts to be entered into the national archive.

Is this true? Was this an official copy handed over to her to be entered into the national archive? Was it the only one, the very one that would be entered into posterity? Or was it just one copy of many to be used as aids so people could read along. Did Pence have a copy? Was his the ''official copy'' too?

If you are right then I retract some of my earlier statements about this but as far as I can tell, her's was just another copy and one of many. It was a copy.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

shes not a private citizen, i'm sorry the concept of sanctity is lost on you.

at that point in time she isn't even "Nancy" she is "speaker of the house" and should act like it. for the same reason during the vote other memebers of congress arn't allowed to voice approval or disapproval. you sit there with honor and dignity and keep your personal b/s to yourself

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So? So was Schiff, and so was Trump, promoting his sharpie altered National Weather Service Map. Which is a felony!

Maps are created to calculate and draw on. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You're opinion is that the state of the union is not strong, others have the opinion that it is. Without an actual form of measurement, for example the economy, could one side be proven correct or incorrect in their opinion.

As for the division, it's been there for decades, it's not new, it's more out in the open now as it wasn't talked about previously. What to do about it? Split the country, one side for each, see how that works out. Oh wait, they tried that one once and it didn't work out well for anyone...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

yes that's what was in the black folder he gave her. there is protocol to be followed here. they have to yell from the back he's here, she has to announce him in a very particular manner, he has to give her the official docs.

yeah they can make copies, obviously it was typed on a computer... but that ONE was the OFFICIAL transcript. just like they can make copies of the bill he signs, but the ONE she signed is the OFFICIAL document.

she is the SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE, that's a high office, she get the official one to be entered into the archive. the rest of the crowd gets copied. that's why it was hand delivered by the POTUS to her. protocol

edit on 6-2-2020 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Maps are created to calculate and draw on.

Not this one. It was created by the National Weather Service, under the Department of Commerce, to inform the public of the hurricane's path, not as a coloring book for President Sharpie.

Trump committed a felony when he altered the map and presented it to the public as informative. He, and Wilbur Ross, committed felonies when they ordered their inferiors to go along with the president's forgery.

edit on 6-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

nice try TDS but the map must be filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States.

i dont think the NWS filed that with a judge. moron

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
We can't have lawmakers breaking the laws they created on national television and then only applying said laws against average people. Charge her with a felony.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Then It wasn’t a map?

Your own words highlight a Map is created to calculate and draw on.

You,” to inform the public of the hurricane's path”

Was the map in question stamped with something like,” do not alter, for archiving?”

Shrugs. Walks off.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I like Gaetz and think he has a bright future but he needs to just let this one go as it isn't worth it to publicize this anymore.

I disagree with what she did and wished she would have kept her composure and dealt with her anger in other ways after the speak but it is over and ultimately she will have to deal with the consequences as it isn't something she can ever take back.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

The Department of Commerce, as well as The National Weather Service are official public offices. Trump and Ross committed felonies when they presented and promoted a deliberately inaccurate altered map.

edit on 6-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think what Pelosi did was petty and childish, I also think Gaetz's response is as well. He could have taken the high road, but then again he is a U.S. politician and I suppose that is too much to ask of a congress critter.

No wonder nothing substantive ever gets done.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

which can you identify one lie from the SOTU? just one.

?????

May I ask, did you read my post? I did not say it was full of lies. I pointed out that it BEGAN with a lie. Did you not understand that? I then expressed how I considered that to be a lie by concocting my own '' state of the union'' as a juxtaposition to his speech.

In that I then spoke about how we are all turned on one another. ALL OF US. And from that you somehow interpreted part of that all by itself. So let me walk you through it. I said

'' We are no longer one nation, we are two nations, each with little understanding of the other.''

See here how I spoke of us a divided whole?

'' Our only recourse as individuals is to label the other side as demented and traitorous.''

Again, I spoke of us as a divided whole

'' We are right and they are wrong.''

Here I spoke, again of people in general, implying that the groups we have broken into claim that the other side is wrong while our side is right. Did I mention either side here? Just a observational statement on the general division in our country, two sides that believe they are right and the other wrong.

OK, so now to the sentence you disliked and took offense with.

Following those comments above, I extrapolated downward. From the general thinking of groups to the more specific thinking of people who are locked in this false narrative. The individual locked in this way of thinking is stuck in the '' I am right and you are wrong'' way of thought.

So, while I was straddling the divide and speaking objectively about how I perceive all of this, you landed on that one sentence as proof that I was speaking about one side only. You missed the whole point I guess.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I guess this goes here...

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join