It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Matt Gaetz Filing Charges Against Pelosi For Ripping Up SOTU Address

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: neutronflux

Okay. I understand that actually discussing issues, the lies, exaggerations half truths documented in Trump's SOTU are too hard to defend. So, you attack the source.

Hello? Why where you not concerned when Obama was in power spying on Americans, and showed a pattern with the illegal Page FISA warrants

And your not worried about Politifact own falsehoods?

Again

Funny you are not worried about Politifacts reporting.
In fact, what does “trusting” Trump have to do with the documented falsehoods of Politifact, and why are they the gate keeper of truth? Because you have no discernment yourself?

Start with this...

PolitiFact's 'Lie of the Year' goes to Trump's Ukraine whistleblower claims
thehill.com...

What crime was reported by the whistleblower? What first hand account of a crime did the “whistleblower” have knowledge and / or evidence of?

Life’s a $itch if you only trust one biased news source to chase truth.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Okay, so you think Obama lied. What does that have to do with the lies that Trump told during his SOTU?

What crime was reported by the whistleblower? What first hand account of a crime did the “whistleblower” have knowledge and / or evidence of?

What does the whistle blower report have to do with the lies Trump told during the SOTU?

edit on 8-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Okay, so you think Obama lied. What does that have to do with the lies that Trump told during his SOTU?

What does the whistle blower report have to do with the lies Trump told during the SOTU?

Again. I really don’t trust any politician.

How was Trump’s spin any different than Obama’s spin.

Again. Were you outrage by the spying under Obama that lead to actual illegal FISA warrants used to create a BS investigation of Trump?

Funny I want to talk actual corruption and abuse of power. While you grasp to Politifact that has been proven to push its own fake news? While you cling to BS investigations and impeachment’s.

There’s lots of independents that see the Democratic Party for the hypocrites they are.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Serious question. What is the best characteristic the Democratic Party is actively pursuing, exhibiting, practicing this very moment at the federal level?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Is this where we are at? Calling spin "lies"?

Then by all means...call all of them liars and be done with it.

An actual lie is what Schiff did....when he attributed made up conversations from Trump into the Congressional record. Trumps SOTU was accurate....depending in how numbers are parsed. That isnt a lie. Use English correctly please.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Did she break the law?

If she did, then every single senator who went home and tossed the speech in the garbage can (because they don't keep a lot of paperwork around) should also be hammered to the wall.

I don't believe that every person there with a copy took it home and carefully stored it in an archival box in their house or office for future use. I'd even bet that if you were a janitor there, that you could find copies of the speech in the trash that evening or left behind to be thrown out.

So I think there must be a lot of senators and other folks on all sides of that event who are equally liable for censure/punishment/tossing in jail. The difference is that they just dumped the papers as they walked out and didn't dramatically tear them up.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The difference was those were the official archival copies provided to Nancy and Pence, thus the official jackets they were contained within. It was not a simple copy, it was the official copy entrusted to her as the House Speaker.

That is the big difference. Democrats would have threw a fuss if McConnel had simply looked at the House Articles of Impeachment and physically tore them up stating it was lies and just a copy. The House can just duplicate another copy from the original that they retain and archive in their records.

That is what is so wrong and disrespectful regarding the proper protocol and procedures not being followed.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Ha! Prove it.

A copy is a copy is a copy.
The speech was video taped.
That's the real record. The speech...which involves speaking.

Loving the triggered responses though.

Actually she should record something over it or delete it. Then she'd be doing something.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I would bet you are correct Byrd. I don't know if it's even among her duties, but I've read she is supposed to enter her copy into the official record?

Honestly, I'm of the same opinion I was when I started this thread (which was more for fun than anything serious). Smack her hand for poor sportsmanship and move on. She's not the first, nor will she be the last politician to do something like this. From what I have read, Britain's parliament has worse days. Lol

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Do you want to actually discuss the lies, exaggerations and half truths delineated in the Politifact article, or do you just want to keep saying that Trump doesn't lie and didn't lie in his latest SOTU?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

The difference was those were the official archival copies provided to Nancy and Pence, thus the official jackets they were contained within. It was not a simple copy, it was the official copy entrusted to her as the House Speaker.

Do you have a US government source page that shows information about "official archival copy" of the State of the Union Address? I don't find a thing about it. You can hand out a copy in a fancy-schmancy folder, but if it's not to be preserved somewhere (and I don't see that it's sent to the National Archives or other archives) then it's the same as a xeroxed copy handed out in a fancy-schmancy folder... and I'd bet that Pence also filed his in the trash can once he left.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join